Black Heatshield on the Hikaru-1S

treatment

well I personally like the heatshield to be red. It just matches the valk better. So I wonder why roy's heatshield ain't yellow? that would be cool if it was yellow. But I guess black is ok. It would have been alot easier if they kept all the heatshields black. :p:D:lol:

White skull & crossbones on a black background makes sense since it's an hommage to the Jolly Rogers squadron and of course a reference to the Jolly Roger skull & crossbones pirate flag. Graphically, it makes more sense than a yellow background, since the white skull & bones wouldn't show up well. I suppose you could make the skull & crossbones black or give them a black outline, but I don't think it would look very good.

The same arguments can be made against the red & blue backgrounds, but I don't think they're as bad graphically, as long as a reasonably dark shade of red/blue is used. And apparently some pirate flags did have a red background--such flags often signified that the pirate was particularly pissed off with the ship he was attacking, and would give no quarter.

ALL Heat sheilds should be black, just look at the heat shields on the shuttle.

At least Kawamori should have made Hikaru's HS black when he got the 1S to keep with the trend... Now the canon heat shield scheme is conflicting.

I like black on the 1S myself.  Max was shown with black on his in DYRL all the way through and Hikaru kinda switched around between red and black.  Personally I think that the black heatshield adds to the” eliteness” of the 1S and makes it more recognizable.

Ya know, going from memory, I thought you were wrong. So I watched the part of DYRL with Max's VF-1S and, sure enough, I couldn't find a single frame where the heatshield was blue. Max's heatshield is definitely blue on his 1A though, I guess that's why people assume his 1S's heatshield would also be blue. I wonder if the intent was for all VF-1S's to have a black heatshield except for Hikaru's simply because he's the "hero". It'd be funny to find out that the red heatshield was a mistake after all :).

Personally I always thought Hikaru's VF-1S heatshield was supposed to be BLACK. But, the "WHAT COLOR WAS _______'s HEATSHIELD" thread in the old MacrossWorld Forums made me think twice.

NOW I dont' really care if it's red or black. Because of all the Heatshield animation mistakes in DYRL this topic will never end. But, in Yamato's eyes I guess the decision was easy for them.

In DYRL Roy's Heatshield was Yellow or Black.

Max's Heatshield was Blue or Black (wasn't it)

Hikaru's Heatshield was Red or Black.

I think someone needs to ask the HORY FROATING HEAD for closure.

Don't think anyone (except maybe Agent One) is talking about the 1A's... but about the Hikaru (and by extension Max) -1S.

I am not sure I understand what you are saying... I meant for consistency, all who get the 1S would get a black heatshield.

Don't think anyone (except maybe Agent One) is talking about the 1A's...  but about the Hikaru (and by extension Max) -1S.

I am not sure I understand what you are saying... I meant for consistency, all who get the 1S would get a black heatshield.

Oh ok. I had read:

and interpreted it wrong (ALL as meaning all valkryies not just all 1S). Sorry!

Don't think anyone (except maybe Agent One) is talking about the 1A's...  but about the Hikaru (and by extension Max) -1S.

Oh ok. I had read:

and interpreted it wrong (ALL as meaning all valkryies not just all 1S). Sorry!

eh... I kinda think they should have all been black, but more importantly, just for consistency sake the 1S should always have a black one.