Whats the next macross series?

Well actually, not just Bobby. Barbra Streisand I can do without. Bet Midler...I only know the name...

But ABBA and Cher?

ABBA is cheesy, but it's just so classically fun - and I have fond memories of how ABBA cheered up my semi-ex-girlfriend once...the girl I'm still in love with? ...the girl who I still talk to everyday...I dunno...I have no idea what to call her... but we were down in the dumps and went to see that corny movie with Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan where they sang ABBA songs to eachother and she was soooo cheered up that she went and bought an ABBA cd and kept singing and dancing and was happy.

Thus, I am forced to love ABBA because anything that made her that happy has to be good in my book.

As for Cher- I'M a big Cher fan. Not that I can remember any of her tunes real well mind you, but just in general she had the right musical touch.

That said - my main gripe agains having them in Macross would be that they aren't Japanese.

By this I mean - one of the things I really love about Macross is that it exposes me to Japanese rock and pop music.

I don't need Macross with a Poison, or Meat Loaf or Bon Jovi sound track. I like those bands/performers - but I KNOW them already. Meanwhile, it's always fun to watch Macross and be exposed to performers I don't know and wouldn't know how to find.

Pete

Hmm music, how about we drop the idol singers and try something else? I know, let's have 4 girls on a Macross colony fleet try to form a band in high school, but since girl bands are so 2059 they use soundforce valkyries instead!

However our brave heroines are terrible at piloting so they sit around all day in their clubroom after school talking about nothing.

Mylene, whose carreer took a nose dive after Basara left Firebomber to explore the galaxy, is a teacher at the same school and their club mentor. She slowly reaches out to them and instills confidence to become true gitar jamming pilots... We shall call it M-On! :p

What about a TV series focusing on the valkyries. It could be about different one-episode-long short stories related to each and every valkyrie model ever produced... including those dark game designs... B))

There are like 30+ valkyries, right?

^_^

post-7862-1258697842_thumb.gif

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

• 2 weeks later...
So ive been thinking about this for a while. Since frontier is over and its movie is due out soon, what aspect of macross would you like to have them do next?

I think it would be cool if they went back and explained how Hikaru and the Megaroad 1 disappeared and where it disappeared to and base a series around the megaroad getting back to earth or its original course.

How about this in exploration mission humans find a radical advance technology. The uses of the technology are so extraordinary the zentradi invid believe that it is just a legend. Upon research they develop a mecha able to connect with the person.

(something like guld did where he was link to his valk by his mind), except this is their whole body like they move their arm robot does it, but if they want to fly like using the jet engines and so on they need to think about it. Also to use the gun they have a thing on one arm when they push the trigger the robot fires the gun.

But when they start using this a new species of alien's called morkats (mor-ka-tas) start a war with the humans for this technology that use to be a legend. Also in this series they should give hints to as what exactly PC is, is it a gas, solid, or a mix of things? Then give hint's to how it is made naturally. Because in order to harness something you need to discover it first.

How about this in exploration mission humans find a radical advance technology. The uses of the technology are so extraordinary the zentradi invid believe that it is just a legend. Upon research they develop a mecha able to connect with the person.

(something like guld did where he was link to his valk by his mind), except this is their whole body like they move their arm robot does it, but if they want to fly like using the jet engines and so on they need to think about it. Also to use the gun they have a thing on one arm when they push the trigger the robot fires the gun.

But when they start using this a new species of alien's called morkats (mor-ka-tas) start a war with the humans for this technology that use to be a legend. Also in this series they should give hints to as what exactly PC is, is it a gas, solid, or a mix of things? Then give hint's to how it is made naturally. Because in order to harness something you need to discover it first.

I think you should stick to RT fanfiction ^_^

I think you should stick to RT fanfiction ^_^

But why can't they discover something radical so power it's only considered legend then get into another war because they found it? Or why can't they have mecha like that?

Because nobody wants something like the 00 Raiser in Macross.

Okay what other things could they have for a new series, if it doesn't involve new mecha or a war and destruction plot line.

Edited by shadow strikers

But why can't they discover something radical so power it's only considered legend then get into another war because they found it? Or why can't they have mecha like that?

Because unlike Robotech, Macross has writers who can actually write?

Okay what other things could they have for a new series, if it doesn't involve new mecha or a war and destruction plot line.

Let's not confuse Robotech with Macross please... the love stories and music are what really matters most of the time... the mecha and explosions are mainly just windowdressing to sell the love story and the music.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Because unlike Robotech, Macross has writers who can actually write?

Let's not confuse Robotech with Macross please... the love stories and music are what really matters most of the time... the mecha and explosions are mainly just windowdressing to sell the love story and the music.

I never mentioned robotech that's all on you I'm saying and please keep up with me which you didn't last time I quote"why can't macross have a new series that has something as in a new technology discovered or a new war started and new mecha"

MUSIC! and LOVE STORIES!! ^_^

Music is okay, but love is stupid waste of brain power and time. Plus it doesn't exist it's just a name for a electrochemical signal created in a primitive brain. Also while im talking about humans Parents of a offspring care about their off spring for two reason in this modern society 1. they Law, 2. instincts telling them to take care of them. Though some people lack this so they abandon their offspring or they are not developed enough to support one.

There's just something about humans that make me sick to my organic material processing organ"stomach". Could it be their existence or how they argue over little things and can't shut up at least for 1 decade and get along. Because of their distrust in people manufactured in different regions or the color of their epidermis.

All in all even though the homo species has been around for at least or more then 200,000 years I believe that's long enough.

Toss out this old design and throw in a new one.

Music is okay, but love is stupid waste of brain power and time. Plus it doesn't exist it's just a name for a electrochemical signal created in a primitive brain. Also while im talking about humans Parents of a offspring care about their off spring for two reason in this modern society 1. they Law, 2. instincts telling them to take care of them. Though some people lack this so they abandon their offspring or they are not developed enough to support one.

There's just something about humans that make me sick to my organic material processing organ"stomach". Could it be their existence or how they argue over little things and can't shut up at least for 1 decade and get along. Because of their distrust in people manufactured in different regions or the color of their epidermis.

All in all even though the homo species has been around for at least or more then 200,000 years I believe that's long enough.

Toss out this old design and throw in a new one.

WHAT?!?!

Uh, dude, it's time to go back to the hospital, now. You've gone without your meds long enough...

Because that's what Robotech is, and Macross isn't.

If macross isn't about war and mecha then why have all these mecha, why have all these war's and fighting scenes then. Because if it wasn't for the war and mecha half of you wouldn't watch this and it would only be about love and music.

WHAT?!?!

Uh, dude, it's time to go back to the hospital, now. You've gone without your meds long enough...

Im perfectly healthy and sane I just hate the human species and would glad to be your future militaristic leader and the way im raising up it wont be long. Imagine a world were no ONE fights because dumb stupidities. Where everyone gets along no matter what region you were manufactured, or the color of your epidermis, and beliefs on how you came to this primitive nothing special mud ball we call earth.

Im perfectly healthy and sane I just hate the human species and would glad to be your future militaristic leader and the way im raising up it wont be long. Imagine a world were no ONE fights because dumb stupidities. Where everyone gets along no matter what region you were manufactured, or the color of your epidermis, and beliefs on how you came to this primitive nothing special mud ball we call earth.

Yeah... sure. If you say so...

Yeah... sure. If you say so...

Yes because I obviously can't have my freedom, why can't I speak my mind and tell the truth give me ten reasons why the human race is so great.

I never mentioned robotech that's all on you I'm saying and please keep up with me which you didn't last time I quote"why can't macross have a new series that has something as in a new technology discovered or a new war started and new mecha"

Okay, take your time and write properly. Let's see some proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. It'll make it a lot easier to understand what you're trying to say.

In fact, I DID answer your question, and my response was essentially the same as David Hingtgen's... that what you're asking for is Robotech, not Macross. Macross has always been about love stories and music. The mecha, wars, and all the rest are just a backdrop upon which the love story can play out. Macross's writers can write new, compelling characters and settings, so they don't need to fall back on Robotech cop-outs like having apocalyptic war after apocalyptic war, each one with "new" mecha to disguise weak or absent characterization and plot development.

Yes because I obviously can't have my freedom, why can't I speak my mind and tell the truth

Nobody's here to debate your bizarre views on humanity, and you're entitled to your opinion about what you'd like to see in a future Macross series. What we're telling you is that you've missed the entire point Macross, which is NOT war or giant fighting robots, but rather the love stories, the music, and often the futility of war.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Okay, take your time and write properly. Let's see some proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. It'll make it a lot easier to understand what you're trying to say.

In fact, I DID answer your question, and my response was essentially the same as David Hingtgen's... that what you're asking for is Robotech, not Macross. Macross has always been about love stories and music. The mecha, wars, and all the rest are just a backdrop upon which the love story can play out. Macross's writers can write new, compelling characters and settings, so they don't need to fall back on Robotech cop-outs like having apocalyptic war after apocalyptic war, each one with "new" mecha to disguise weak or absent characterization and plot development.

Well why didn't you just say that earlier. I would of been easier if you did as followed, No shadow striker we all hate you but here's how its played out. They don't need new wars, and mecha every time they want to make a new series, other wise it would make the plot seem poorly made.

My grammar and punctuation isn't great but I'm actually a smart kid if you ever see me in rl.

So would you get off my back on the grammar and punctuation, at least im trying to be like the old people. Also if you can read plain english and understand some txt acronyms, then you'll be able to read them.

So would you get off my back on the grammar and punctuation, at least im trying to be like the old people. Also if you can read plain english and understand some txt acronyms, then you'll be able to read them.

k i been tryin to read ur messages and i can't cuz your not using punctuation u no how tuff it is to red something wout coreect punctuation its not ez its not all on seto wat u said bout macross everytin ur talkin bout is rt macross is very diffrint you want a mecha show wout music watch gundam macross is bout love stories have you watched ne macross series b4 if u have ull notice that all of them hav a love story what bout music evry macross has music n singing 2 its kinda macrosss speshul trademark maybe u shud watch some macross i think ud like it mebbe then agin mebbe not cuz u want just mecha stuf and macross has a lot more than just that is clear enuff?

Dude - you DID mention Robotech - but I wonder if you are even conscious of it.

You wrote about the "Zendrad Invid"

The Invid are not from Macross- they have nothing to do with Macross. They are part of Robotech, which rips them off from the original anime (not Macross) in which they are called Inbit.

Then you went on to say that they need to explain what PC is - whether it's a gas etc ---- ProtoCulture is NOT a substance in Macross - it's an ancient civilization.

This is a Macross forum - not a Robotech forum.

This topic is about the next Macross series, not the next Robotech series.

There is a topic thread about Robotech in the Anime and Science Fiction section.

We can tolerate your bad grammar and bad punctuation becaus you're a kid.

But we will never tolerate people conflating Robotech and Macross unless they are radical newbies.

You've been here long enough that you should AT LEAST realize what the difference between Robotech and Macross is.

Pete

Then you went on to say that they need to explain what PC is - whether it's a gas etc ---- ProtoCulture is NOT a substance in Macross - it's an ancient civilization.

Well, they can also turn out to be the remains of an ancient civilization transfigured into a substance as well. At this point is there anything Protoculture isn't in Robotech? Wasn''t the plot of Robotech 3000 about the stuff awakening and turning out to be sentient, lol?

This is a Macross forum - not a Robotech forum.

This topic is about the next Macross series, not the next Robotech series.

I'd like to see a Macross set in the two lost years of the TV series, with a cast of UN Spacy troubleshooters vs. renegade cultured Zentradi dissidents. They can explores the themes of mutual racism and bridging differences in the aftermath of war, and finding one's own meaning in culture beyond Minmay's J-Pop and the novelty of nookie, which were briefly touched in the series.

As a plus, they can have a thematically suitable soundtrack from another genre, perhaps metal, seeing how they've taken on genres other than pop before. (Zero=?New Age? Plus=Trance, Seven=Rock).

edit: apparently, sarcasm doen't carry that well in text.

Edited by hulagu

Well, they can also turn out to be the remains of an ancient civilization transfigured into a substance as well. At this point is there anything Protoculture isn't? Wasn''t the plot of Robotech 3000 about the stuff awakening and turning out to be sentient?

Who cares what the "plot" of Robotech 3000 was? What does that have to do with the Protoculture?

To answer your question - yes - there is plenty of stuff that the protoculture isn't. For example:

they should give hints to as what exactly PC is, is it a gas, solid, or a mix of things?

It's not a gas, it's not a solid, and it's not a mix of things beyond the extent to which human beings are "mix" of chemicals as well. But there's no need for a future Macross series to dwell on what Protoculture IS - at best the future series can dwell on who they were or still are.

Protoculture is not a flower nor is it a fuel source, and Macross is not Robotech :(

Nor would I want a future Macross series to be written by people who sit around considering ROBOTECH 3000 as a well of ideas to consider when crafting the new series...

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

My only prequisite is that I'd love to see a new story from beyond the perspective of a New Macross Colony Fleet (Or any other colony fleet.)

How about the story of a planetary terraforming project after a fleet lands. Hell, make it Macross 7 for all I care...

Something of a sort of hard sci-fi story when it comes to terraforming, colony management and such...

but with the fantasy of Macross... some Protoculture ruins, some anicent alien force that exists on the world, a love triangle, and communicating with the ancient alien world through song. (Of course!) While we'd have a new Variable Fighter... perhaps in an interesting twist, there would be a lot more Destroid action.

And while I'd hate to bring up a Robotech thing after the previous arguments, perhaps some sort of land-aerospace carrier thing like that MTA Titant thing from the Sentinels to act as a Macross Fortress like function.... but then... we'd be getting a tad crazy perhaps.

But mankind is apparently seeding the galaxy... I'd love to know more of how this works on the planetary level....

I'd like to see a Macross set in the two lost years of the TV series, with a cast of UN Spacy troubleshooters vs. renegade cultured Zentradi dissidents. They can explores the themes of mutual racism and bridging differences in the aftermath of war, and finding one's own meaning in culture beyond Minmay's J-Pop and the novelty of nookie, which were briefly touched in the series.

Already been covered, actually... in a segment in Macross: Perfect Memory. Let me tell you right now it's nowhere near as exciting as you think it is. Aside from Hikaru doing a brief stint at the U.N. Spacy's moon base, giant Meltrandi pro wrestling, and a bit about Minmay's life after the war, there's really not much noteworthy that goes on during that period.

Nor would I want a future Macross series to be written by people who sit around considering ROBOTECH 3000 as a well of ideas to consider when crafting the new series...

I'll second that emotion... buncha crazy newbies who can't tell the difference between Macross and Robotech or want Macross to be more like Robotech came out of the woodwork all at once. I realize that taste is subjective, but I'd like to avoid having anyone who actually thinks Robotech 3000 was a good idea involved in the production of Macross if at all possible.

My only prequisite is that I'd love to see a new story from beyond the perspective of a New Macross Colony Fleet (Or any other colony fleet.)

I'd love to see them go back and explore the colony missions in the Macross II alternate universe continuity... we know they existed, and that at least one of 'em had a MAJOR run-in with the Zentradi, but aside from that we've got very little on them. I know it'll probably be a long cold day in hell before Kawamori actually allows that to happen though.

Oh, how I'd wish for any sort of thing following up Macross II!

Heck, for an RPG, I imagined the idea that the Marduk were Protoculture or perhaps Zentraedi dissidants who watched the original Republic fall apart becuase it kept trying to assimilate cultures and blend them to ascend to greatness. (Thus the whole adoration of the Varja, the fan-idea that the Protoculture had known of the Galactic Whales, and their inpiration upon other worlds...)

The Marduk consider this to be what led to the Protoculture's destruction and thus goes out of its way to wipe out other cultures before it could contaminate and threaten them. I would imagine that would include Earth's colonies.

Funny thing is... then you could imagine the Alus to be a ship of the Marduk that breaks off from this plan and sets off to try and discover what happened to the race they abandoned.... (But of course, if memory serves me correctly... DYRL tries to say the ship was a part of the Supervisionary Army, right?)

(But you know, the VF-2SS does have some rather interesting design similarities to the 25 and the 27... a transformable armor pack, a heavy beam cannon... man... some clever rewriting and... heh...)