Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

Hikuro

I just rented a DVD special edition version of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, the stunning "conclusion" of the Terminator Trilogy.

CONTENTS:

The box comes with two dvd's, one is the movie loaded with commentary's of both the cast and crew for each scene discussing the trials and errors brought forth during the production and what changes were made to give the movie the Terminator feel.

The second DVD brings extra's such as Terminal Flaws, bloopers that were chosen for the DVD release from the production of Terminator 3, some are sort afunny, but it's not the eye candy. The EYE CANDY!!!!...Okay now this is hilarious, a special CRI propaganda trailer was made as a inside joke but I heavily doubt it was going to be in the movie, it would of made Terminator 3 too jokey from what it actually is.

I suggest you watch this out of everything first, this will close all questions on why The Terminator just looks as he is...it's really funny if you pay attention.

DVD Box:

The box looks similar from the promotional posters, half and half structure face of Arnold as the T-800, and his endoskeletal skull wearing his shades, reflecting off that is the TX in a similar pose. Covered around as a frame is a gun metal silver, similar to the T2 DVD box set.

What else?!

The movie is widescreen, and presents many extras as stated previously. There's also a introduction by the governer of California himself, Arnold Swer;oiujsdkjfghjksf...*cough* I mean Schwarzenegger :huh: *looks at the box again*

This movie is a nice to have piece for your Arnold collection or if you're a big Terminator fan such as myself who wonders "Just what the hell were they thinking when doing this CRI promo? Oh dear god :blink: "

It's worth the money trust me lol oh dear god I can't stop watching the CRI promo, anyone else see it? I may rip it and keep it on my computer as a lil reminder to never take things to seriously.

I suggest you watch this out of everything first, this will close all questions on why The Terminator just looks as he is...it's really funny if you pay attention.

I saw a commercial for this DVD set in which I saw Arnold in an Army or Air Force uniform wearing a berret (I saw only a split second of this). My guess is that the original endoskeleton designs where based around a real officer... who just happened to look like Arnold. :D

I saw a commercial for this DVD set in which I saw Arnold in an Army or Air Force uniform wearing a berret (I saw only a split second of this). My guess is that the original endoskeleton designs where based around a real officer... who just happened to look like Arnold. :D

CRI promo?

I picked up the DVD at Best Buy (with a price match) for $15.49...............

You guys will get a laugh from the Sgt. Candy special. That kind of caught me off guard.......... :p

Definently a GREAT purchase with tons of extra footage...........

Oh Hikuro I think there's gonna a T4 in the future.......

Anyone know if the movie was successful (financially)?

I thought it was pretty good... not as good as the first two, but I was expecting it (afraid, more accurately) it was gonna be VERY bad. They shoudl have picked someone else to be John Connor... someone like the guy who did it in the future scenes of T2... this guy just didn't fit, especially in T3's future scene IMO.

They shoudl have picked someone else to be John Connor... someone like the guy who did it in the future scenes of T2... this guy just didn't fit, especially in T3's future scene IMO.

Does it matter? From the look of things, it'll be Claire Danes' Kate Brewster who's gonna be wearing the human resistance pants, and I don't mind that one bit. :)

I thought it was pretty good... not as good as the first two, but I was expecting it (afraid, more accurately) it was gonna be VERY bad.  They shoudl have picked someone else to be John Connor... someone like the guy who did it in the future scenes of T2... this guy just didn't fit, especially in T3's future scene IMO.

I thought Nick Stahl did a good job. Remember this is young insecure not so sure he wants his fate Jon not old 40 year old kick ass knows what he has to do cause all other paths are closed to him John. ;)

Edited by GobotFool

I thought it was pretty good... not as good as the first two, but I was expecting it (afraid, more accurately) it was gonna be VERY bad.  They shoudl have picked someone else to be John Connor... someone like the guy who did it in the future scenes of T2... this guy just didn't fit, especially in T3's future scene IMO.

I thought Nick Stahl did a good job. Remember this is young insecure not so sure he wants his fate Jon not old 40 year old kick ass knows what he has to do cause all other paths are closed to him John. ;)

Yeah, I think I prefer insecure Nick Stahl to drug addict what's his name...

As far as I know, that was in fact the original intent, but the scene got cut. It does appear in the T3 novel, and features "Sgt. Candy" as the protptype for the T-600 Terminator. Personally, I'm glad that got cut, since I don't like the idea that we humans designed all of Skynet's weapons.

Does the special edition include a new version of the movie that didn't suck?

I mean, I loved T2, but T3 was the only time I went to see a movie and actually wanted my money back. Not only was it a mediocre action flick full of lame pop-culture cliches and a vet who's tougher than the guy who's supposed to lead the human resistance, but an ending that was a 180 from the theme of the first two films and an insult to the fans who saw them.

I'd poke myself in the eyes with a fork before I see another Terminator movie done by the director of T3.

I actually felt that T3, while inferior to the two Cameron films, was actually quite close in tone to the original Terminator. Both films basically dealt with people unable to escape their destinies, and try as they might they could not alter the future. It was only T2 that had the touchy-feely message that the future is not set in stone, and if we're all really nice to each other we'll be a-ok.

As for John Connor, I don't know what the big deal is with him being a scared kid. The John Connor of 2003 is not the same as John Connor of 2027. Why do some fans labor under the misconception that all characters must remain absolutely static, and cannot be portrayed one iota different from their previous films, particularly in respect to anything that's a "prequel." It's called character development people. Look it up some time.

I'm referring to John Connor's LOOKS not the performance. I understand character development, but the druggie kid/guy (Edward Furlong or something like that?) showed signs of leadership and such in T2 so should have at least a marginal amount as an adult before he turns into the ass-kicking general guy. But back to looks, I thought the future scene of Connor waving the flag in T3's "future flashback" looked retarded. And the guy they used in T2 looked pretty damned mean (though that was mostly the scars). So somewhere between the two is my idea. ;) I imagine the guy they used in T2 is too old now, of course, but shoudln't be too hard to find someone who looked like they could be a younger him.

I'm referring to John Connor's LOOKS not the performance. I understand character development, but the druggie kid/guy (Edward Furlong or something like that?) showed signs of leadership and such in T2 so should have at least a marginal amount as an adult before he turns into the ass-kicking general guy.

Well, to be fair, the T2 John Connor had been recieving all of that training from his ma, right up to the point where she was incarcerated. You could say that T3 John Connor had slacked off, that all of that leadership stuff had been forgotten. They'd hypothetically beaten the machines, right?

But back to looks, I thought the future scene of Connor waving the flag in T3's "future flashback" looked retarded.  And the guy they used in T2 looked pretty damned mean (though that was mostly the scars).  So somewhere between the two is my idea. ;)  I imagine the guy they used in T2 is too old now, of course, but shoudln't be too hard to find someone who looked like they could be a younger him.

I liked Nick Stahl because he had a strong resemblance to a young Michael Biehn. Future T2 John Connor did look pretty mean, though. Scars are cool. ;) That old age makeup on Stahl was kinda cheesy, though. Thankfully it was only a brief shot.

I liked Nick Stahl because he had a strong resemblance to a young Michael Biehn. Future T2 John Connor did look pretty mean, though. Scars are cool.  ;)  That old age makeup on Stahl was kinda cheesy, though. Thankfully it was only a brief shot.

Very true. He also had that worn and tired look that Biehn had in spades. I agree it would have been better if they had gotten the guy from T2 back to do the future shot. Most old age make up looks pretty dippy throughout all movies where such an effect is needed.

Edited by GobotFool

I actually felt that T3, while inferior to the two Cameron films, was actually quite close in tone to the original Terminator. Both films basically dealt with people unable to escape their destinies, and try as they might they could not alter the future. It was only T2 that had the touchy-feely message that the future is not set in stone, and if we're all really nice to each other we'll be a-ok.

yes, visually, and storywise T3 was a throw back to T1 IMHO.

I wouldn't call this movie the end of a trilogy. Rise of the Machines is not to be considered a final story at all, and at the end of it they leave it rather open to yet another sequel.

Special features be damned. Just being able to watch Kristanna Loken's divinely perfect nude figure walk across Rodeo drive (or wherever it was), justifies the purchase of the dvd at twice the price...

-I liked the air force outfit too.....

actually in all honesty, Terminator 2 left a fairly good conclusion, what shocks me is if the test Audience 10 years ago went with ending two, there would be NO Terminator 3 movie. Originally T2 was suppose to be the ending mark of the story as a message "No Fate but what we make for ourselves", Who ever wrote Terminator 3, wanted to go back to the olden days of the first Terminator movie, as a sort of milestone.

Terminator 3 wasn't meant to be a big "Shock & Awe" like Terminator 2 was, that was a given.

Let's face it, this movie was suppose to be done quite some time ago and the script just wasn't up to par...I don't think it still was...but it DID give a rather faithful conclusion.

I don't know why someone would really want to do a Terminator 4 seeing it would have to be during the Future War and the only real story line I could see is John Conner facing the T-800 again forgetting due to stress and fitigue of the war, that it's here to kill him...or hell Robocop could appear :o

actually in all honesty, Terminator 2 left a fairly good conclusion, what shocks me is if the test Audience 10 years ago went with ending two, there would be NO Terminator 3 movie. Originally T2 was suppose to be the ending mark of the story as a message "No Fate but what we make for ourselves", Who ever wrote Terminator 3, wanted to go back to the olden days of the first Terminator movie, as a sort of milestone.

Terminator 3 wasn't meant to be a big "Shock & Awe" like Terminator 2 was, that was a given.

Let's face it, this movie was suppose to be done quite some time ago and the script just wasn't up to par...I don't think it still was...but it DID give a rather faithful conclusion.

I don't know why someone would really want to do a Terminator 4 seeing it would have to be during the Future War and the only real story line I could see is John Conner facing the T-800 again forgetting due to stress and fitigue of the war, that it's here to kill him...or hell Robocop could appear :o

Why does everyone keep saying that T3 was going back to or reminicent of the first Terminator movie? The first one was not full of cheesy bits like Arnold putting on the girly sunglasses or that whole "talk to the hand" bit. T1 was gritty, for the day. T2 was so gritty that it's still gritty today. T3 was just corny.

Why does everyone keep saying that T3 was going back to or reminicent of the first Terminator movie? The first one was not full of cheesy bits like Arnold putting on the girly sunglasses or that whole "talk to the hand" bit. T1 was gritty, for the day. T2 was so gritty that it's still gritty today. T3 was just corny.

Dude, you make it sound like the entire movie was crap... There were a few corny things, but no different than T2 in that regard. Besides Arnold wasn't a warm character in T3 like he was in T2 therefore they needed to bridge the gap between the feelingless T-101 in the first movie to the caring and almost loving T-T-101 in T2.

I actually felt that T3, while inferior to the two Cameron films, was actually quite close in tone to the original Terminator. Both films basically dealt with people unable to escape their destinies, and try as they might they could not alter the future. It was only T2 that had the touchy-feely message that the future is not set in stone, and if we're all really nice to each other we'll be a-ok.development[/b] people. Look it up some time.

The big problem with the T2 ending is as long as John Conner lives, the future is still set in stone, thanks in part to "Daddy."

The big problem with the T2 ending is as long as John Conner lives, the future is still set in stone, thanks in part to "Daddy."

I guess that's one of the inherent problems in dealing with paradoxes and such. It's probably one of those places where we're supposed to just suspend our disbelief a little.

what shocks me is if the test Audience 10 years ago went with ending two, there would be NO Terminator 3 movie.

Was the "Old Sarah in the Park" ending actually screened? I hadn't heard that. I'd always assumed that Cameron cut it because of studio pressure to leave it more open-ended.

Dude, you make it sound like the entire movie was crap...

Because it was.

Not only was it an embarrassment to the Termintor name with the gay jokes and horrible visual gags, the story was weak, the acting was dire and the action was terrible, neutered to almost PG-13 levels.

Because it was.

Not only was it an embarrassment to the Termintor name with the gay jokes and horrible visual gags, the story was weak, the acting was dire and the action was terrible, neutered to almost PG-13 levels.

-_-

yeah...

Yes the beta ending was screened by a handful of people who all said "The Black highway scene left room for another movie if one were to be made." And inwhich commented by Cameron "Well Terminator 3...that's a secret" which could mean "Yeah a Terminator 3 movie would be good but who knows" I felt T2 was satasfying enough...T3 was nice but it's not that great I admit.

Along with that, the reason I, along with others compare T3 to the original is the simple fact that it wasn't so "Special Effect" ' ed it was just as the first movie was, low budget almost and straight to the point. T2 dragged on with a few subplots such as going after Cyberdyne, getting sarah from the mental ward. T3 was just, "Get John and Kat and get them the hell out of there!"

Another thing, is in the DVD extra's it's stated that the T3 video game was going to carry more information that the movie just never had, such as a lil prequal to the movie and from what I seen, it's decent of enough to give a try and it's out right now.

It's like our complaining of the Aliens VS Predator movie, some will like it, while others will continue to bash it cause it's directed by the man whose Ruined Resident Evil for good. I don't think John Mastowv did that great of a job directing it, but hey, it's done it's over with get over with cause nothing else is going to be done for it.

Because it was.

-_-

yeah...

A person ramming an arm through a guys chest is PG-13? :o:blink:

Because it was.

I got one thing to say to you:

Talk to the hand....

Because it was.

Yes! That's exactly what I've been trying to say! That was the only movie I went to the theater to see and wanted my money back. And I saw Sweet November at the theater!

Don't worry, Agent, I'm not faulting Arnold. I am, however, faulting the director, the guy that wrote the lame script, and the actor that played John Connor.

I just saw it last night since my friend bought it. All I can that Kristen Lokken (sp?) is one hot babe but overall the movie sucked. I think the plot of T3 or for the series is worned out. Oh gee we get to see the "future"? The plots in 1 and 2 was decent. Sure some things could be better but they were better than T3. Glad I did not buy the DVD nor see it in the theater. OH gee T-101 has to protect John's wife. Same plot that is getting old now we not only protect john conner but his wife also. the TX failed the mission b/c it only killed 4 of the 22 lieutenants. And now T4 is gonna be like what? The war against the machines. Ok so a movie that will have the plot to destroy Skynet using futuristic lasers and terminators. Well crap... there goes the neighborhood... mindless shooting and destruction movie? [sarcasm]Oh fun and joy. [/sarcasm]

...(*speaking on the subject of T4) Ok so a movie that will have the plot to destroy Skynet using futuristic lasers and terminators. Well crap... there goes the neighborhood... mindless shooting and destruction movie? [sarcasm]Oh fun and joy. [/sarcasm]

*added by Agent ONE

So Aliens was just a movie about killing bugs?... Saving Private Ryan was about just finding some dude in the battle field?... The Bible was just about nailing some dude to some wood?...

You symplify anything to make it sound stupid. T4 has some awesome potential... it was serve as both a sequel to T3 and a pre-quel to Terminator. A flim has never served the purpose of BOTH those things, ever.