Star Wars! The Live-Action Series!!!

Yeah, yeah, I know, most people have been aware of this since it was first announced back in 2005. I couldn't find a thread already running for this* so I thought it would be a great time to start what I'm sure will become a groan-fest.

For those completely in the dark, look here.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_live-action_TV_series

Anyway, what got me going about this series today was this story on Dark Horizons.....

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/14544/aus...tar-wars-series

So look, George, I'm an Aussie, I already have my own crayon and I know how to rip off the work of others, surely I'm overqualified for this gig, but give me a go. How about it?

Taksraven

*(thats not to say there isn't one, I just couldn't find it, let me know if its out there)

Yeah if they can do a live action show with the quality of Clone Wars, it could be awesome and succeed everywhere Star Trek has failed.

i agree on the clone wars thing, and the potential of this. Though i wish it was set after ROTJ.

also whuile Im not a huge star Trek fan (Bar the new film), U cant say the show is unsuccessful. Combinign all the shows, it has....what 30 odd seasons in that universe? If thats a failre i dont WANNA be a success

i agree on the clone wars thing, and the potential of this. Though i wish it was set after ROTJ.

Yeah, set after ROTJ would certainly be interesting. I think that the whole prequel timeline thing has been done to death now, especially since we know that the ending point will always have to be Ep IV.

The only sort of prequel aspect that would interest me would be if they took it riiiiiiiight back to the start and had the original conflict between the Jedi and the Sith, with both sides at their maximum strength. A war between the two factions would have the potential to be brilliant.

Taksraven

im gonna be all over this,I love me some wars' even tho the prequel trilogy was ..well..you know i still enjoyed them regardless and each had there saving graces, the clone wars series was one of the best shows on the box and ill be comin back for season 2 for sure.

This live action series certianly sounds interesting tho, I heard it was supposed to be 'soprano's' like with star wars gangsters,which would be good really,if they make it rough,that would be awesome..it has major potential ,and if boba is gonna be in it,he better show off some of his skills that earned him the title of the most feared bounty hunter (ala disintegrating people) :ph34r:

Edited by Vepariga

+2 for set after ROTJ, but seriously more Obi Wan i just as good. I'm happy.

Obi Wan could be in a series set after ROTJ. He could team up with Scourge and ask Unicron for a new body in exchange for Metroplex's eyes. Oh wait...

But seriously - sounds good to me.

I mean - setting it between Sith and Hope means Darth Vader gets his own TV series.

That is AWESOME!

We need to explore more how Darth Vader went from traumatized Anikan with no legs, no arms and a mask to being the simpering cowardly servant to the Emperor with not a trace of personality or personal history that he became in Hope - because really - he went from being EMO boy to Yes-Master-Man...

So this'll be a good series I'm sure. The fall of Anakin didn't just take place when he killed that guy from Snakes on a Plane. It's far more drawn out and I am interested in seeing it.

Pete

The only sort of prequel aspect that would interest me would be if they took it riiiiiiiight back to the start and had the original conflict between the Jedi and the Sith, with both sides at their maximum strength. A war between the two factions would have the potential to be brilliant.

Then you need to download the cinematic trailer for the new SW online Game. Old Republic. Has everything you described there. :)

Ever since I heard of this ,back in 2005, I was hoping for a Vader inspired series ,where he hunts down the remaining Jedi,something I hoped would,ve been in the ROTS -but never happened,instead that penis helmet gets slaped on,some iconic breathing and a corny falling to his knees screaming Noooooooo -to the news that Vader had mistakenly killed his squeeze.

If this series gets off the ground ,I hope that a good portion of the series details this with great character/dialoge scenes,which is very possible if Lucas stays away from screenplay writing and does what he does best-focusing on the story arc and taking a step back letting talented writers do their thing,

I don't know about that. I originally thought Clone Wars was going to be crap until I saw it. ^_^

I don't like it much myself. Lucas has managed to kill my love of Star Wars. Needs more of that sexy-cool evil, not just the moral black-and-white evil.

if this really does focus on essentially new characters in the SW universe, and is set between the flms, thats not so bad.

And i dug Clone Wars. It was fun, and thats soemthing i think SW has lacked for awhile. ep3 was no fun, the books ghave gone way off the deep end, its all so goddam serious all the tiem! Ive only seen a few eps of the Clone wars series, but I liked what I saw, and will happily check moe out.

All this talk about "origins" types of stories about Solo, Vader, Kenobi, etc. is a good idea. Maybe they could set it up with a Smallville kind of vibe, lol..

Obi Wan could be in a series set after ROTJ. He could team up with Scourge and ask Unicron for a new body in exchange for Metroplex's eyes. Oh wait...

But seriously - sounds good to me.

I mean - setting it between Sith and Hope means Darth Vader gets his own TV series.

That is AWESOME!

We need to explore more how Darth Vader went from traumatized Anikan with no legs, no arms and a mask to being the simpering cowardly servant to the Emperor with not a trace of personality or personal history that he became in Hope - because really - he went from being EMO boy to Yes-Master-Man...

So this'll be a good series I'm sure. The fall of Anakin didn't just take place when he killed that guy from Snakes on a Plane. It's far more drawn out and I am interested in seeing it.

Pete

lol snakes on a plane, If ONLY m'f Mace wasn't so m'f gangsta none of m'f Vader would have m'f happened. But no, "hellllllp me Aniiii......" so gay.

Why couldn't they give the movie mace a more cartoon Mace kick ass. (1st Clone Wars series, not CGI)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie