Ace Combat 7 - Coming to the Skies

Hey guyz,

I was surfin' the web about news on Ace Combat, and I came across some news for the PlayStation 3. The console

will be having an Ace Combat exclusive Title, Ace Combat 7.

Here's a scan of the magazine that confirms it:

post-2865-1245751533_thumb.jpg

Don't know if this news has already been posted here...

Edited by Spider-X

I knew AC7 was coming for awhile but I didn't know it was a PS3 exclusive. That's some info there.

edit: google search says info was found in Famitsu magazine. I guess that's a reasonably reliable source. B))

edit 2: more searching says that people believe that image is a fake. Oh well. I don't care as long as it comes out on PS3. :p

I hope they do something interesting with the plot this time, I'm sick and tired of playing the same story but with different characters & countries if you know what I mean :) .

Also, an AC set in the Corporate Wars timeframe of AC3 would be a plus.

thank goodness, it's about Friggin time!!! I hope they put in flares for the player's aircraft instead of just the enemy fighters, and being able to choose a side and even a squadron would be nice. I hope they get rid of the "whinny" wingmen who constantly complain about the military and war DURING COMBAT!! Man, that was the WORST part about AC5! I was so glad when "Chopper" went down, and that's bad because he's supposed to be on my side! When you start disliking the people your flying with, and wan't to see them shot down, something has gone wrong somewhere! Also the shoot at your own allies because they are "enemies of peace" was a bit heavy handed. I realize that the writers had definate themes running through the game: "War is bad. The military is bad. Peace is the ultimate goal. Achieve it at all cost." But, man I hope they don't do that for this new game!! ^_^

Edited by aerocombatpilot

I have always liked the ace combat series since number 5. IMO its the definitive arcade sim on consoles thus far. HAWX doesn't even come close. NE way ill be looking forward to this when it comes out. Hopefully it has better multiplayer than 6.

Edited by transfan52

Kinda strange to be an exclusive only but what the hey! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I hope they won't nickle and dime us with unnecessary DLC...

Edited by shiroikaze

I'm thinking this is fake. Besides the fact that nobody is talking about this anywhere else, you can find every aircraft picture they used on Google in about 5 minutes. I know Ace Combat is a niche market game and all but you'd think there would be a little bit more coverage than one magazine article of which we only have one low quality photo of. And if this was official, you'd think they'd have something better to show than a bunch of random pictures they lifted off Google; I don't know about Asian magazines, but if a game gets anything more than a small blurb in a US magazine it has screen shots and/or concept art form the actual game.

If it's real, and the op's photo is legit (and those are 2 big if's lol), I'm hoping this means we get to play the role of a stereotypical pseudo-eastern european (ie. yuktobania, estovakia, and other multisyllabic country) against the evil greedy Osean Federation lulz. /sarcasm off

I know Ace Combat is a niche market game

That's why Ace Combat 4 and 5 are both PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits, and why Ace Combat 6 is an Xbox 360 Platinum Hit...

Is 400,000 people a niche market?