Macross Ultimate Frontier for the Sony PSP.

UN Spacy

Actually, the movie disk has quite a few staff interviews and a Studio Satellite tour. I didn't watch the entire disk, but most of what I saw was hosted by Megumi Nakajima, the seiyuu that played Ranka in Frontier.

Eh... I wanna watch the disc. I probably can run it since I'm on a custom firmware and my PSP's region is changed to Japan... But I didn't order the LE. Any chance of anyone who can run the videos posting them on Youtube?

Eh... I wanna watch the disc. I probably can run it since I'm on a custom firmware and my PSP's region is changed to Japan... But I didn't order the LE. Any chance of anyone who can run the videos posting them on Youtube?
The problem there as I mentioned before is that remote joy will not display Video from a UMD video as far as I can tell so far. In theory if someone has a newer JPN PSP with the video out maybe they could use a separate stand alone capture device to do this?

Oh BTW I'm pretty sure the region changer won't work. I tried the built in one on my firmware and much like the goggles it did nothing. Maybe a separate add on would?

I actually gave up on Macross Zero part. I guess I could keep working on it but that isn't one of my more favorite series. Restarted with Macross Plus. Much easier/funner. Fought against Sharon/Macross several times but didn't get bored with it. Found a good trick for beating her. Keep looping in Fighter mode.

I love the Zero missions and I'am still playing them. Haven't started any other eras yet.

Just using either the VF-0A, VF-0S, Cheyenne or Prototype Monster, I've got SS on every mission so far, except for the one where you retreive the AFOS head (only B so far) and the final mission where you fight the AFOS, (only C so far). Definietly seems eaisier to get SS on the majority of the missions than in MAF.

I think it's going to be really interesting to experiment with different combinations of auto skill and command skill.

Graham

Here the skill list. It is from left to right, up to down.

Auto skill

Rolling Plus: Speed of rolling in fighter mode is faster, also can continue rolling up to 4 times.

Eagle Eye: Distant of lock-on is double; lock-on speed is 1.5 times.

Rescue: When rescue your partner, he will have 50% of full health.

Anti-missile up: Anti-missile have 1.5 times (Maximum up to 150).

Crusher: When attack battleships and bases, damage is double.

Combo up: more easy to get combo (that means there have more time available between each hit)

Support: When your health is below 30%, it will recover to 50%. (it activity once only)

Pine cake: When your health is 0%, it will recover some of health and have a short time invincibility. (it activity once only)

Partner exp up: Your partner will receive double skill point when mission complete.

Awakening: When your health is below 30%, you will have a short time invincibility. (it activity once only)

Circus flying: All mecha can fly in the air.

Triangler: The change of confidence/love is significant increase.

Counter-attack: When your health is below 30%, it will recover 6 blocks (all) of your SP. (it activity once only)

Boost saving: The usage of booster is normal usage of 75%.

Sniper: While attacking, all type of barrier is effect-less.

SP saving: The usage of SP is normal usage of 75%.

HP max start: When the mission is divide to two half, when second half start, you will recover all HP (not include the purged pack re-equip)

Destroyer: The performance of destroid will increase when you using it.

Tune point up: After the mission, Nyan Nyan point is 0 but the tune point is double.

Alone: All your partner, supporter and operator confidence/love decrease. (Zentradi, Vajra use)

Ear plug: All song effect and effect cutting half. (Gavil use)

Exp max: Enemy attack damage is double also your experience.

Nyan Nyan: After the mission, tune point is 0 but the Nyan Nyan point is double. ( Hayao Kakizaki use)

SP 100 start: When mission start, you already filled 3 blocks SP.

Graham, the rest you may wait till Friday (that day is my day off). Do you have other things wants to translate also?? I translate it together.

Thanks, that's fantastic. Really helpful.

Graham

I love the Zero missions and I'am still playing them. Haven't started any other eras yet.

Just using either the VF-0A, VF-0S, Cheyenne or Prototype Monster, I've got SS on every mission so far, except for the one where you retreive the AFOS head (only B so far) and the final mission where you fight the AFOS, (only C so far). Definietly seems eaisier to get SS on the majority of the missions than in MAF.

I think it's going to be really interesting to experiment with different combinations of auto skill and command skill.

Graham

Drop the head as soon as the enemies pop up, tear them a new one, the backtrack for the head & carry it to the goal.

Nope, on the second part, go directly for Bodolza. The S/SS rank (I believe) comes in from (aside from taking no damage) taking out the Zentradi ships before Bodolza goes all alley killer. When the countdown starts, try as hard as you can to take out both ships in the center (no new ones will respawn until after the cannon blast), so you don't lose those points to Bodolza. Should raise your grade if you can do it and gtfo of there before getting hit.

\

A big chunk of your points will be from killing boldoza in about 15 seconds and taking no damage to get huge points from health and time bonus. the trick is to use the vf1 with the strike pack in B mode so you get the much better special. Don't go into the room where youll more than likely lost big chunks of health when he gets low on health and pops his special. Just stay outside in the hall and pop your special then pump him full of lead.

Actually, the movie disk has quite a few staff interviews and a Studio Satellite tour. I didn't watch the entire disk, but most of what I saw was hosted by Megumi Nakajima, the seiyuu that played Ranka in Frontier.

ah true,dammit, I really want to see it now..just sitting there in the case laughing at me. MUf gives me a lot more satifaction then MAF did by a long shot,ive also noticed my operations has been getting more love for me then my support and partner lol,whats her game.

Drop the head as soon as the enemies pop up, tear them a new one, the backtrack for the head & carry it to the goal.

Did that with the VF-0S with Ghost Booster and got SS! Yes. Now got SS on all but two of the Zero missions and those I have S on. Time to move onto SDFM era now.

Graham

Heh, funny thing happened on the bus to work this morning. I was playing the final Zero mission where you fight the AFOS, but this time I was trying to get killed. Or more specifically, I was trying to get infront of the AFOS’s big beam, so I could block (L button) and build up my character’s skill points on his blocking ability.

However, I never did get infront of the beam and unintentionally ended up doing so well in the mission that I actually got an S grade for the first time!

Graham

So how do you activate the Support character's command skill?

I know for the player's Command Skill it is 'Circle & X' buttons.

And for your partner's Command Skill it is 'Select, then down on the d-pad'.

But how about the Support character?

Graham

Epic quad post.

And I think you're confusing the commands.

Triangle+Circle is SP attack.

Circle+X is Command Support Character.

Select-->Down is Partner SP attack.

L+Triangle+Circle is Double SP attack.

You are right of course, I was confusing some of the commands.

But if Circle+X activates the Support Character's Command Skill, how do you activate your own Command Skill?

Graham

You no longer have your own command skill; that's what the support character is FOR.

Although that really does make flying some of the special valkyries pointless, as what's the point of flying the Fire Valkyrie if you can't use it as Basara and activate his skill without equipping it on a different support character? That's one gameplay element that I considered not well thought-out.

Also, through that, you can no longer use Max World as Max, even though the AI can.

Basically, the "pilot" has no command skill. You as a player can only use the "supporting" character's command skill. I've actually used Max from SDF:M era as my pilot for the leet character stats and Mac 7 era Max as support for his time stopping skills... works like a charm! ;).

Still pretty ok for normal missions, but playing chronicle missions means you can't use any of them... but that is made up by the fact that you can use all tune points earned for the particular mech on chronicle missions unlike MAF.

Oh, and congratulation on "S"ing the AFOS!

I take back what I said about Chronicle Friendly Fire.

Infinity is officially the most unfun multi-part mission of the game. Excuse me, but using Ozma's -25S to fight off hordes of Vajra, rescuing Luca as Alto, and then fighting MORE Vajra as the Quarter isn't TEH EPIX WINZ. It's REALLY F***ING ANNOYING. The first two parts are absurdly easy, too, and you don't even have to fire off a shot when playing as Alto.

...no, the problem is, someone REALLY wasn't thinking when they designed the Quarter for this game. Its missiles and main cannon are incapable of killing starred large-type Vajra in any reasonable amount of time (10 minutes really isn't f***ing enough), it's faster than the other Macross vessels, but still incapable of dodging enemy fire, and takes twice as much damage, and the SP attack has absolutely no usability whatsoever. Whooo, I hit my opponent into the air...TO A POINT WHERE FIRING THE GUN WON'T EVEN F***ING HIT HIM. And using it on ships...it just passes through.

Just like Ace Frontier, this game begins to show major flaws once you spend any significant amount of time playing through it.

Edited by D.D. Ivanov

Another part of skill list:

Command skill

Reload: All weapon are reloaded.

Defense: Your defense are double, also you will not get stumble while under attacking.

Flight carvinal: In fighter mode, your tail will spread out color smoke. (○ button to set ON/OFF, □ button to change the color of the smoke)

Shock guard: While You are guarding the enemy grapple attack, the damage will give back to enemy.

Reflection: The beam attack are reflected and bullets/ missile attack have no damage.

Emergency: Have a short time invincibility.

Free boost: No more boost consumption within a time.

Missile slow: All enemy missiles are slow down.

Grapple up: You cannot guard but the grapple damage on enemy is normal 3 times.

Support shoot: Macross Cannon attack. (There must have Macross Class friendly on the map)

Hyper: All weapon are reloaded, attack are faster and short time invincibility.

Ace: Attacking damage, speed and booster are 1.5 times as normal.

Bullet up: All weapon bullet are 1.5 times.

Recovery: You and friendly around you are healed, dead friendly also relive.(that include non-parter)

Sheryl: You and friendly attack are 1.5 times damage. HP are healed a little.

Kakizaki: Enemy around you are taking heavy damage.

Ranka: Enemy movement are stop awhile, you and friendly around you are healed.

Voice: You and friendly around you are healed.

Ishtar: You and your friendly attack are 3 times. Defense is decrease to half.

Minmay attack: Zentradi weapons and their mecha state are decrease, other are increased.

Horobi no uta: Enemy around you are taking heavy damage.

Sivil: Sivil appear in front of you, and barrier is stay with you in a short time

Sharon:All enemy movement are up-side-down, left right inverted

Max World 2: All are freeze except you, SPA also activity at same time.(you could not activity your double SPA as your partner is freeze also)

Quick question for those that have played the M7 era.

Do the VF-19F/S and VF-17D/S get Super Parts?

Graham

It seem didn't.

That is very disappoint with me.

Also in M7D the VF-5000T-G is fixed with FAST Pack and say is standard equipment but VF-5000-G is totally disappear that FAST pack.

Edited by ~Homer~likeVF19A

Here are some fuzzy reflecty pictures of the UMD-V content.

There are also lots of interviews with Kawamori, the highlight of which is probably his transformation of the Lego VF-25, which is even better than the Bandai version in many ways.

post-1318-1255674993_thumb.jpg

post-1318-1255675012_thumb.jpg

post-1318-1255675030_thumb.jpg

I take back what I said about Chronicle Friendly Fire.

Infinity is officially the most unfun multi-part mission of the game. Excuse me, but using Ozma's -25S to fight off hordes of Vajra, rescuing Luca as Alto, and then fighting MORE Vajra as the Quarter isn't TEH EPIX WINZ. It's REALLY F***ING ANNOYING. The first two parts are absurdly easy, too, and you don't even have to fire off a shot when playing as Alto.

...no, the problem is, someone REALLY wasn't thinking when they designed the Quarter for this game. Its missiles and main cannon are incapable of killing starred large-type Vajra in any reasonable amount of time (10 minutes really isn't f***ing enough), it's faster than the other Macross vessels, but still incapable of dodging enemy fire, and takes twice as much damage, and the SP attack has absolutely no usability whatsoever. Whooo, I hit my opponent into the air...TO A POINT WHERE FIRING THE GUN WON'T EVEN F***ING HIT HIM. And using it on ships...it just passes through.

Just like Ace Frontier, this game begins to show major flaws once you spend any significant amount of time playing through it.

While the Quarter is entirely useless unleveled, you have to remember that's "The Macross Quarter," and merely shooting star enemies with missiles would be a waste of its talents. Melee, melee, melee! leveled up, its's actually quite formidable, with some nice melee combo's to boot.

Quick question for those that have played the M7 era.

Do the VF-19F/S and VF-17D/S get Super Parts?

Graham

Looks like it's something else they're saving for the next game, and conisdering this game was pretty much top down new, I don't fault them for it.

For the mecha SPA, if make a list, it is too long and I haven't get all the mecha up till now.

So , I decide to write down some common words in SPA and translate it for you. Just simply combine these word than you may know what it's SPA

全弾: All bullets and missiles

発射: Fire

超: Ultra/ Hyper/ Super

射撃: Shoot

格闘: Grapple

コンボ: Combo

3体分身: You divide into 3(means there have there of you in map, other two is your delay, but the attacking hit count as other one)

超高速化: Hyper Speed(it is very useful on grapple attack)

ダブル: Double (there will have a partner mecha (e.g. both Max's and Milia's VF1J) appear on screen)

小隊: Team/ squad

全軍: Army

突撃: Assaulting

変形: Transform(that means after SPA, you will transform to one mode, mainly fighter or battroid)

マクロスキャノン :Macross Cannon

Also here are some special SPA

Sv-51γ(NP):

気化爆弾投下: like MAF, shoot a missle than have large explosion

Defender:

大回転超射撃: 360 degree hyper shoot

Spartan:

スパルタンDX = like MAF, grapple combo(it appear faster than normal grapple combo, means nearly no miss to reach to enemy)

Tomahawk:

超火炎放射: like MAF, Fire up the fire.(effect very short distant and cannot move while attacking, so use it like grapple attack).

VT-1:

ミンメイデート : Minmay appear, I'm not sure what effect(maybe effect on Zentradi).

Boddle Zer:

触手乱舞: like MAF, tentacle attack with wide range.

YF-21:

リミッター解除 : Limiter release. like MAF, crash to enemy.

X-9; VF-171EX(LA); RVF-25

ゴースト乱舞: there have some different in different fighter. X-9 is like formation attack, Luca custom you can see ghosts release to near enemy to shooting.

FIRE-VAL; MYLENE-VAL; STORM-VAL:

スピーカーポッドγ: Speaker Pod

Fz-109F:

格闘+レーザー射撃: grapple+laser shoot

Glavil:

超べソ夕クビ–ム= 超射撃 Hyper shoot

VF-19P:

俺の歌...!! : listen to my song. Same with Speaker Pod.

Gigamesh:

超ウイソグ力ツ夕一: grapple attack in 360 degree

Here are some fuzzy reflecty pictures of the UMD-V content.

There are also lots of interviews with Kawamori, the highlight of which is probably his transformation of the Lego VF-25, which is even better than the Bandai version in many ways.

fart, i would sooooooo buy a lego vf-25. Some should rip the iso of the bonus disc and put in online.

fart, i would sooooooo buy a lego vf-25. Some should rip the iso of the bonus disc and put in online.
Where and how would be a good way to upload?

It's not like ripping an ISO is that hard. You still need to have a UMD in the drive and I'm not sure how the whole region locked aspect will work out.

Where and how would be a good way to upload?

It's not like ripping an ISO is that hard. You still need to have a UMD in the drive and I'm not sure how the whole region locked aspect will work out.

getting around region lock is easy. as for where to upload, megaupload seems to be the most convenient. either that or a torrent site.

getting around region lock is easy. as for where to upload, megaupload seems to be the most convenient. either that or a torrent site.

So how would one go about doing that? I've tried but had no success. Are there steps posted online somewhere?