Castlevania: Lords of Shadows

What motivates a man to confront the challenges that most of us would run from?

E3 Trailer

Produced by Kojima Productions, developed by Mercury Stream

Voice cast includes: Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Robert Carlyle, Natasha McElhone and Jason Isaacs

Edited by Duke Togo

My god, I knew the whip was awesome but my god, I want that thing now!

Also, besides the Star Trek games, has Patrick Stewart ever lent his voice to any game at all?

The X-Men games and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Probably others too, imdb would list them.

Castlevania + GOW + MGS engine? I dunno... the moves looked identical to the combat in God of War... I honestly have so much fun and get so many hours out of the newer sidescrolling Castlevanias that I don't even think I'd want to play it in 3D where I have to sit in front of a TV. Castlevania's always been for me some of the best gaming you could do on a handheld. Heck, the only way I finished SotN was when they put it on the PSP.

He has to be a Belmont since he's wielding what I assume to be the Vampire Killer.

I lol'd, +1 to you good sir. :lol:

Or an offshoot family since there have been non-belmonts who wielded the vamp-killer in some games. I'm not very well versed with the castle vania universe and why the damned castle keeps re-appearing.

Or an offshoot family since there have been non-belmonts who wielded the vamp-killer in some games. I'm not very well versed with the castle vania universe and why the damned castle keeps re-appearing.

It be the Morris family who are related to the Belmont family. Yeah, they tried to tie Castlevania with Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Because the castle isn't really a castle in the strictest sense.

It's a mystical WTF that reappears whenever Dracula comes back/is about to come back.

It be the Morris family who are related to the Belmont family. Yeah, they tried to tie Castlevania with Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Nathan Graves in Circle of the Moon isn't a Belmont or Morris. Yet he gets the Vampire Killer.

It's probably safe to assume he's from an offshoot of the Belmont family and has the blood of the Belmonts, though.

(I'd actually always assumed John Morris from Bloodlines was a Belmont relative)

Edited by JB0

Nathan Graves in Circle of the Moon isn't a Belmont or Morris. Yet he gets the Vampire Killer.

It's probably safe to assume he's from an offshoot of the Belmont family and has the blood of the Belmonts, though.

(I'd actually always assumed John Morris from Bloodlines was a Belmont relative)

Thanks for pointing that out. I haven't really played some of the older Castlevania games so I really don't know everything.

After watching the GoW preview on PSN, then watching the LoS trailer, I couldn't help feeling like I was watching the same thing. That combat cross looks a lot like the Blades of Chaos when it's in action. I'm a huge fan of GoW and Castlevania, so I'll probably end up getting both, however I don't want to go from one game to another that is so close in game play. I don't want to be bored with it from the start.

From Wikipedia: "It was originally titled Lords of Shadow with no connection to the Castlevania series."

From Wikipedia: "It was originally titled Lords of Shadow with no connection to the Castlevania series."

We don't know that. While very possible, its also possible that Konami wanted to keep the full title under wraps.

This is copied from the source of the wiki statement:

Lords of Shadow was actually announced at last year's Games Convention, a title to be developed by Madrid-based Mercury Steam and originally pitched as the foundation of a new "action-adventure IP." Looks like that might have changed, as the game may have been retrofitted to be a new Castlevania game for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.