Yamato VF-1A 1/60 v.2 - Broken shoulder

cazzalora

Get the upcoming reissue of Roy.

Stumbled upon this thread as a disgruntled owner of a broken-shouldered VF-1S and noticed your post. Are you saying that the VF-1S Roy is going to be re-issued? Will these have the improved shoulder hinge and do you know when and where these can be ordered?

My VF-1J Hikaru broke, more or less 5 transformations since I got it quite some months ago. Been displayed in battroid mode almost since I got it, but today, I decided I wanted to pose the guy, and while moving the right arm into position, heard a crisp "Crack" and I knew exactly what had happened.

Tried the glue solution, but didn't succeed.

Yamato 'Engineers' should be ashamed of themselves. How many cents they saved making this piece of junk plastic???

Everybody should stop buying Valkyries until they will re-engineer this piece.

Thanks,

Rey

Edited by cazzalora

It's a manufacture issue for the most part. If yours are all fine then they managed not to get stressed when the pin was inserted. After that the pin has a fat side to it that can eventually crack the housing as the arm moves. If you're fortunate enough to have pins without too much of a fat side then you'll be fine (but that means you've gotten lucky twice).

It's a manufacture issue for the most part. If yours are all fine then they managed not to get stressed when the pin was inserted. After that the pin has a fat side to it that can eventually crack the housing as the arm moves. If you're fortunate enough to have pins without too much of a fat side then you'll be fine (but that means you've gotten lucky twice).

ok, I get you. It's all about the inconsistent diameter of the metal rod that goes through the hinge.

ok, then. Given the fact that the pre- VF-1D Valk's are having these issues, are the shoulders coming cracked in the box prior to initial posing or is this happening after the first few poses? I ask because I am fairly confident that I could fix the issue as addressed here on the forum. I have some money coming in and though I can solve the issue by purchasing the newer versions, I am drawn to the prices of the others. Over-Drive has Hikaru and Roy for 73.99US plus shipping. This would be my first EVER Valk purchase, aside from model kits.

ok, then. Given the fact that the pre- VF-1D Valk's are having these issues, are the shoulders coming cracked in the box prior to initial posing or is this happening after the first few poses? I ask because I am fairly confident that I could fix the issue as addressed here on the forum. I have some money coming in and though I can solve the issue by purchasing the newer versions, I am drawn to the prices of the others. Over-Drive has Hikaru and Roy for 73.99US plus shipping. This would be my first EVER Valk purchase, aside from model kits.
It's hard to predict the cracks. Some were cracked out of box, some cracked eventually.

I think it's easier to think that you are buying with a broken hinge instead of loosing sleep if it's broken or not

trust me, if it was released before the VF-1D, IT WILL BREAK

you know, with other company that produce other products, if one of their product is proven defective, they sell the rest of their batch at a discount price for the f*ck up.... but of course Yamato doesn't, who's the chump¡?

Because of the cracks on my 1A, I have

also stopped buying the vf-1's.

I don't see myself buying anymore vf-1's

unless yamato comes out with a stealth

or a low-vis, and it will stay in fighter mode.

Was really disappointed with yamato.

I have gone back to gundam. At this

stage, I would rather buy a perfect

grade or several master grades.

Because of the cracks on my 1A, I have

also stopped buying the vf-1's.

I don't see myself buying anymore vf-1's

unless yamato comes out with a stealth

or a low-vis, and it will stay in fighter mode.

Was really disappointed with yamato.

I have gone back to gundam. At this

stage, I would rather buy a perfect

grade or several master grades.

Same sentiments here. I boycotted Yamato Macross stuff for about 3 years after all the problems with the 1/48 Valks. I only recently bought a YF-19 25th anniversary model that's on clearance sale at HLJ. But that black jet stays a jet.

With all these issues of the new 1/60 models, I ain't getting any new ones unless they're on sale, and even that only for non-faulty models, and after reviews and comments from early adopters. US$200+ for a toy that's broken out of the box isn't what I want to spend my money on, especially when the economy's still trashed.

to be fair, you're more likely to get one that never breaks than you are to get one that does, and there are plenty of easy ways to fix/prevent problems. you're better off buying the damn toy and dealing with any problems if (BIG if) they happen.

Or you can bitch on the internet and stick to unbuilt toys that are orders of magnitude more fragile and floppy than anything yamato sells. the choice is yours.

Edited by anime52k8

Same sentiments here. I boycotted Yamato Macross stuff for about 3 years after all the problems with the 1/48 Valks.

care to elaborate these problems? i guess i've lucked out.. coz i got roughly 40 1/48 valkyries.. and so far, only one valk (VF-1S Roy Focker's' Heat shield left peg) broke on me, but that's after i dropped it accidentally at about 3 feet.. :rolleyes:

it's a different story with my first ever 1/60 valk though.. my VF-1s already had that nasty crack on the right shoulder right out of the box.. tsk

Edited by MaveRick

lol, "all the problems with the 1/48 Valks" :rolleyes:

Yeah, those things were always breaking. You'd be lucky if you could get it out of the box without them crubling into a dozen pieces. :rolleyes:

These were the only 1/48 issues that spring to my mind (and most were pretty rare):

1) BP8 breaking

2) The housing for the hip's ball joint breaking making legs loose

3) Little hooks on the backpack not being able to hold the pressure of the backpack

4) loose/floppy airbreaks

5) VF-1S Hikaru not having nubs to hold the backpack up

2) The housing for the hip's ball joint breaking making legs loose

really, I thought it was just me. I was dusting my stealth 1J a weak ago and realized it was missing a quarter of the hip socket. still works just fine though.

post-4286-1245993501_thumb.jpg

I love Overdrive but from experience with other vendors I've given up entirely on waiting on anyone to get stuff back in stock. It's never up to the stores, it's up to the suppliers, and more often then not the suppliers are terrible at communicating when more stock will be available.