Someone has Taken an Interest in Macrossworld...

Gubaba

I asked a friend of mine to scope out his site, apparently he monitors the international otaku community and reports back to his japanese readers.

http://mistranslationdialy.blog49.fc2.com/blog-entry-66.html

"Currently, on this blog, I translate forums from abroad and offer it to japanese readers.

It's one-way, basically.

But I'm curious to hear comments about this blog from those abroad, too.

I think mutual communication is important.

I think it'd be fantastic if those from forums abroad can connect with japanese fans through this blog and exchange ideas about otaku culture."

**not my translation but the translation of a friend of mine who does japanese <-> english translation work professionally.

That's cool! But where's his email? :)

If he wants comments from abroad, I'm only too happy to oblige - but I don't even know how :)

Pete

PS:

"He is a wonderful girl!" also sounds like something you'd write...about Alto, of course.

Don't want to go off topic too much - and perhaps this is speculation better meant for the Macross Frontier News Thread where the movie is being discussed but -- on this not of "He is a wonderful girl" and Alto....

Last night - I had a dream that I got a chance to see the Macross Frontier movie premiere. And it was a shocking experience, because the trailer and all that we know about it lead us to believe that it'll be re-hashed old footage with some new stuff mingled in and a couple of new songs, and that the "False Songstress" is either fluff or means something along the lines of "Sheryl and Ranka seeking out their true selves/being used for bad purposes/being manipulated as artificial creations for political purposes"...

BUT

In my dream... the movie was completely different then what people expect. It featured Alto having a double life: High schooler dreaming about piloting Valkyrie on the one hand, and deranged Sheryl Nome fan who plots to kidnap her and then dress up like her and pretend he IS her and perform concerts on the other.

The movie is basically about how Alto does a bait-and-switch - plucking Sheryl from Danger when the Vajra attack, only to stick her in a closet and lock it. He comes back dressed up as Sheryl and fools even Grace.

No one suspects that Alto secretly dresses up as Sheryl Nome except for super Sheryl fan Ranka Lee, who suspects that "someone is faking Sheryl" because she notices that Sheryl "seems different."

Of course Ranka falls in love with (high schooler) Alto and never suspects that it is her love that has kidnapped her idol and deins to dress up as Sheryl for concerts.

Alto gets a job at SMS as a janitor (which he quits out of pride) - Ozma won't allow him to pilot Valkyrie and punches him not once but twice for asking. But Alto lies to Ranka and says he is being trained as a Valkyrie pilot and that's why he has to "go away for a couple of weeks sometimes."

In fact, though, Alto is not training at SMS while he is away - but rather he dresses up as Sheryl and performs concerts.

Ranka is a prize detective who is determined to get to the truth of things. And in effect she finally connects the dots when she decides to surprise Alto at SMS with a birthday present - and he's not there. Only her nichan Ozma, who explains that Alto never was in SMS but was a janitor for one day.

Ranka confides her fears to Ozma - and both of them go to the latest Sheryl Nome concert to get to the bottom of it.

They unmask Alto as the Fale Songstress and rescue Sheryl from the clost.

The end.

Best movie dream I ever did see :)

When I said "spreading to more blogs", I didn't think they would take it seriously....

I need to insult more Sheryl/Grace/Ranka fans more often. Bunch of whore-loving, blow-up-doll humping, pedophile fans. Yeh, translate that. :lol:

People are watching us! I suddenly feel the need to break out into song, for the entertainment of our Japanese readers. Either that, or I need to threaten death upon fellow Macross World member Seto Kaiba so it's misinterpreted as a genuine harmful attempt, in turn causing an international incident, lol :lol:

I love Macross!

I want Shoji Kawamori to adopt me!

Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Macross: Do You Remember Love, Flashback 2012, Macross Plus and Macross Frontier are the best Macross!

Macross 7 sucks!

If he weren't an asexual fruit loop, Basara would be Hard Gay!

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

I love anime titles! Please make a new anime titled "Uber Organic Magenta Rhubarb Podiatrist"

Please obsessively trim your nose hairs. This has been an Macross Broadcasting System public service announcement.

;):p:lol:

Edited by Mr March

Hmm, any of you Japanese fans know how to raise the defense stat of the Small Vajra (Bajura S) in the PSP game Macross Ace Frontier? Feel free to post over here!

Hell, wonder if they'd visit if we set up a seperate international area.

That's cool! But where's his email? :)

If he wants comments from abroad, I'm only too happy to oblige - but I don't even know how :)

Pete

PS:

Don't want to go off topic too much - and perhaps this is speculation better meant for the Macross Frontier News Thread where the movie is being discussed but -- on this not of "He is a wonderful girl" and Alto....

Last night - I had a dream that I got a chance to see the Macross Frontier movie premiere. And it was a shocking experience, because the trailer and all that we know about it lead us to believe that it'll be re-hashed old footage with some new stuff mingled in and a couple of new songs, and that the "False Songstress" is either fluff or means something along the lines of "Sheryl and Ranka seeking out their true selves/being used for bad purposes/being manipulated as artificial creations for political purposes"...

BUT

In my dream... the movie was completely different then what people expect. It featured Alto having a double life: High schooler dreaming about piloting Valkyrie on the one hand, and deranged Sheryl Nome fan who plots to kidnap her and then dress up like her and pretend he IS her and perform concerts on the other.

The movie is basically about how Alto does a bait-and-switch - plucking Sheryl from Danger when the Vajra attack, only to stick her in a closet and lock it. He comes back dressed up as Sheryl and fools even Grace.

No one suspects that Alto secretly dresses up as Sheryl Nome except for super Sheryl fan Ranka Lee, who suspects that "someone is faking Sheryl" because she notices that Sheryl "seems different."

Of course Ranka falls in love with (high schooler) Alto and never suspects that it is her love that has kidnapped her idol and deins to dress up as Sheryl for concerts.

Alto gets a job at SMS as a janitor (which he quits out of pride) - Ozma won't allow him to pilot Valkyrie and punches him not once but twice for asking. But Alto lies to Ranka and says he is being trained as a Valkyrie pilot and that's why he has to "go away for a couple of weeks sometimes."

In fact, though, Alto is not training at SMS while he is away - but rather he dresses up as Sheryl and performs concerts.

Ranka is a prize detective who is determined to get to the truth of things. And in effect she finally connects the dots when she decides to surprise Alto at SMS with a birthday present - and he's not there. Only her nichan Ozma, who explains that Alto never was in SMS but was a janitor for one day.

Ranka confides her fears to Ozma - and both of them go to the latest Sheryl Nome concert to get to the bottom of it.

They unmask Alto as the Fale Songstress and rescue Sheryl from the clost.

The end.

Best movie dream I ever did see :)

Seek help brother, seek help.... :p

People are watching us! I suddenly feel the need to break out into song, for the entertainment of our Japanese readers. Either that, or I need to threaten death upon fellow Macross World member Seto Kaiba so it's misinterpreted as a genuine harmful attempt, in turn causing an international incident, lol :lol:

I love Macross!

I want Shoji Kawamori to adopt me!

Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Macross: Do You Remember Love, Flashback 2012, Macross Plus and Macross Frontier are the best Macross!

Macross 7 sucks!

If he weren't an asexual fruit loop, Basara would be Hard Gay!

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

I love anime titles! Please make a new anime titled "Uber Organic Magenta Rhubarb Podiatrist"

Please obsessively trim your nose hairs. This has been an Macross Broadcasting System public service announcement.

;):p:lol:

ROFL!!!

That will kill all their machine translators and the ones that don't suddenly explode will leave the reader with the expression :blink: ...