Yamato $2000 DYRL MACROSS

EXO

They have a smaller version - it was made by Takatoku 27 years ago.

Also the newer crappy Wave one.

There would be no point to making ANOTHER small one.

Look at the Jumbo Gundams - they have no problem selling those for $300 for a giant piece of Vinyl.

Go big Yamato.

Edited by hirohawa

I would not have been disappointed if Yamato had shown off one the size of the old Takatoku/Matchbox Macross (1/1200 I think?). I would have been disappointed if they showed one off that was any smaller. As for the size they did show off, well....I've already set aside the money for it. If it is going to be $500 or so, however, I hope it's worth it. I don't think they need to make the transformation overly complex, the Macross never had a very complex transformation, but I'd love extras, like light up windows. I'd LOVE light up windows and running lights. That would be fantastic. Being able to see a bit of Macross City inside the leg windows would be superb, too. Hope we're able to move the gun turrets and that the ARMDs are detachable, too. (Future Daedalus and Prometheus release?)

Not so interested in the tiny Valkyries. Afraid they'll get lost easily.

Edited by Radd

I'd buy a nice, new, small *TV* version in an instant. I still like the TV version better if for no other reason than a superior transformation/cruiser mode. It actually looks like a ship. DYRL version looks like battroid laying face-down.

I've really never gotten that. The differences between the two are mostly skin-deep cosmetic changes. I don't see the DYRL Macross looking any less like a ship in cruiser mode than the SDF:M version. If anything, the changes to colour and details made the DYRL version look more like a battleship to me.

I've really never gotten that. The differences between the two are mostly skin-deep cosmetic changes. I don't see the DYRL Macross looking any less like a ship in cruiser mode than the SDF:M version. If anything, the changes to colour and details made the DYRL version look more like a battleship to me.

If the world only had one battleship, and nobody important expected to actually have to use the thing in their own lifetimes as anything more than an advert for global unification, it wouldn't be painted grey.

If the world only had one battleship, and nobody important expected to actually have to use the thing in their own lifetimes as anything more than an advert for global unification, it wouldn't be painted grey.

....but neither red,blue and white

wtf not? Why would they waste a million (?) litres of paint or whatever when the standard metal colour is good enough. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'd buy a nice, new, small *TV* version in an instant. I still like the TV version better if for no other reason than a superior transformation/cruiser mode. It actually looks like a ship. DYRL version looks like battroid laying face-down.

I agree about the cruiser mode.

SchizophrenicMC strikes again!!

Though we haven't seen the Attack mode pics of the DYRL SDF-1. I was looking at my 1/3000 Bandai version last night, and I have to admit... I wanna see a TV SDF-1 actually a little more. The just amount of details that could put into it makes ones own mind go bananas!!

SchizophrenicMC strikes again!!

Though we haven't seen the Attack mode pics of the DYRL SDF-1. I was looking at my 1/3000 Bandai version last night, and I have to admit... I wanna see a TV SDF-1 actually a little more. The just amount of details that could put into it makes ones own mind go bananas!!

Damn you! You've forced my macro once more!

3653523684_b6d523b037_o.png

:lol:

lol

agree, i want a TV sdf-1 just as bad.

DYRL? style is imo alot more iconic, you see it EVERYWHERE, all the way to the 2080s, and sadly the TV SDF-1 only once.

Would be cool if Shoji could fit in the TV SDF-1 in a new OVA one day, and rest the DRYL? style for once.

Maybe if he did get bored and wanted to revisit Macross II he could bring her up in the uh *coughSEQUELcough*

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 2 weeks later...
Well, think about this, though: many many countries have red in their flag.

I propose it be painted BOMBAA!!!

Oh god!! here we go again.

More importantly where are the pictures shouldn't they have that thing transfromed yet? and would someone please delete that second post it was an accident while attempting to edit

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...