Yamato $2000 DYRL MACROSS

EXO

Oh man it has to come with that stand! Needless to say I will have to wait and see what the price is before I make a decision on wether I really want to purchase this or not. I have the feeling that the sticker shock I got from the 1/60 PG Gundam 00 will be nothing compared to this.

Is this a joke? You're choosing a bayformer prime over the sdf-1?

Yeah, I'm one of those that actually loves Bayformer TFs, especialy Optimus.(Did you not notice my avatar?) And if i have to choose something in this price range, Optimus will beat SDF-1. Not by much but it will. But thats me.

Edited by westfall

Yeah, I'm one of those that actually loves Bayformer TFs, especialy Optimus.(Did you not notice my avatar?) And if i have to choose something in this price range, Optimus will beat SDF-1. Not by much but it will. But thats me.

I think this is grounds for being banned on Macross World. I'll have to go check. JK :p

When it does, I have an inkling it'll have tiny Monsters and other miniscule Destroids ala Daedelus attack. Or at least I hope...

That's one of the reason to get a SDF right?

Daedelus attack!!!!!!

I'm holding my breath for the TV version...

In case someone at Yamato is reading this thread: Just because a few of us may NOT purchase this DYRL version of the Macross doesn't mean we won't buy a TV version later on down the road.

Assuming it's reasonably priced, let me just say, I WILL PURCHASE A TV-VERSION SDF-1 IF YOU RELEASE ONE.

With that said, DYRL Attacker mode looks good so far. With something this size, I really hope all of those joints have beautiful click-click ratchet joints. Hopefully, the fully painted version will look intricately detailed too. :)

Edited by Mog

I think this is grounds for being banned on Macross World. I'll have to go check. JK :p

Yeah if it was classic a Classic 20th anniversary Prime with Trailer I could understand but the movie version.......... :blink: .......... to be fair the ONLY thing good about those movies was Optimus. I don't really like the Bayformers but Optimus's character and voice where perfect so I didn't mind......but out of 5 hours or so worth of movies I enjoyed about what 30-50 minutes? I know I'm an a** so how should I punish myself? Maybe by seeing the GI Joe movie again! :ph34r: That movie made my the kids I haven't had yet cry.....

If the Transformers, Wolverine and GI Joe movies are any indication of what damage Hollywood studios can do to my childhood; The Ghost in the Shell, Akira, or Robotech movies (if they ever get made) are going to give me an Cerebral aneurysm that will not only kill me but cause my head to burst in a nuclear explosion and take out everyone else in a 5 mile radius out of Spite! :p

Anyway back on topic I sure hope that Yamato could keep this around 200-300 bucks. If not............. :ph34r::mellow:

Edited by logos

Yeah if it was classic a Classic 20th anniversary Prime with Trailer I could understand but the movie version.......... :blink: .......... to be fair the ONLY thing good about those movies was Optimus. I don't really like the Bayformers but Optimus's character and voice where perfect so I didn't mind......but out of 5 hours or so worth of movies I enjoyed about what 30-50 minutes? I know I'm an a** so how should I punish myself? Maybe by seeing the GI Joe movie again! :ph34r: That movie made my the kids I haven't had yet cry.....

If the Transformers, Wolverine and GI Joe movies are any indication of what damage Hollywood studios can do to my childhood; The Ghost in the Shell, Akira, or Robotech movies (if they ever get made) are going to give me an Cerebral aneurysm that will not only kill me but cause my head to burst in a nuclear explosion and take out everyone else in a 5 mile radius out of Spite! :p

Anyway back on topic I sure hope that Yamato could keep this around 200-300 bucks. If not............. :ph34r::mellow:

Well, to be honest i have an original G1 Optimus and the MP Optimus (Hasbro version without trailer). Does that help?

The movie designs just apeal to me, they seem more alive, more agile... but i still love G1 type of design. And come on, Optimus Prime with Peter Cullen voicing him... it's just awesome.

The best way to do it would be to buy both the SDF-1 AND Optimus... That's a plan... All i need now is 1000$US. LOL

Oh GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink::huh: I hope they don't make a Robotech Live Action movie I wouldn't mind a Live Action Ghost in the Shell Movie Starring Lucy Liu as Motoko though. But I would like to see a Japan/US colaberation Live action Macross Movie, Shoji as the Primary Director and Producer, along with Spielberg.

Well, to be honest i have an original G1 Optimus and the MP Optimus (Hasbro version without trailer). Does that help?

The movie designs just apeal to me, they seem more alive, more agile... but i still love G1 type of design. And come on, Optimus Prime with Peter Cullen voicing him... it's just awesome.

The best way to do it would be to buy both the SDF-1 AND Optimus... That's a plan... All i need now is 1000$US. LOL

You can always consider saving up some coin by making small deposits into a paypal account I did that when they released the VF-1S Hikaru, VF-1J Max and Millia.

You can always consider saving up some coin by making small deposits into a paypal account I did that when they released the VF-1S Hikaru, VF-1J Max and Millia.

Ahh!!! Saving money... i hadn't thought of that... tell me more about this "saving" thing, how does it work?... :)

OK, sorry 'bout that. Unfortunately, right now i barely have enough to keep my head above water, let alone save.

But better days are coming.

Oh GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink::huh: I hope they don't make a Robotech Live Action movie I wouldn't mind a Live Action Ghost in the Shell Movie Starring Lucy Liu as Motoko though. But I would like to see a Japan/US colaberation Live action Macross Movie, Shoji as the Primary Director and Producer, along with Spielberg.

Actually a Macross Live Action would be awesome if it didn't suffer from the same think most adaptations do, a thing called Hollywoodification, in wich the story has to be "accessible" (i.e. dumb) to a wide audience, the main characters have to be butch US Marine-like and there have to be lots of explosions (OK, that one isn't that bad). If they don't do that, it would be great, if they do, it will be like "Dragon Ball: Evolution"...i mean, crap.

Also, GITS as Live Action, yes. Lucy Liu as Kusanagi, NOOOOOO. I love Lucy but she's not Motoko, not one bit.

And both movies had to be directed by Bay... NOT. LOL. You know who would be great to direct TF 3? The guy that directs the driving movies on "Top Gear". That guy knows how to make a car look gorgeous.

OK, movie reviews over, back to topic...

^ ditto ta both (would love it @ that price and that quality).

If the quality is anything like their huge 1/24 Ingram then it should be all good. I don't know whether to wait for a sale when it comes out or buy it before it's gone though. If the latest "hot" products from Bandai & Yamato are any indications, the odds are that it'll be sold out in a hurry (even during this recession). Anyway, I've passed on a few awesome toys in the past due to budget constraints but I'm willing to starve and sell blood for this one.

Of course the Macross Cannon will be movable. Why even ask that question to begin with?

Anyways. Graham. Can you ask Yamato if they plan on including a set of destroyed cannons booms (end of DYRL)?

I was a tad bit upset that Wave didn't include it with theirs.

Of course the Macross Cannon will be movable. Why even ask that question to begin with?

Anyways. Graham. Can you ask Yamato if they plan on including a set of destroyed cannons booms (end of DYRL)?

I was a tad bit upset that Wave didn't include it with theirs.

oh, the main cannon... is that what he meant by "rail guns" ? :lol:

Yeah, I hope they include the destroyed version as well... and that it's not available as some timed convention exclusive or some other crap.