Macross Books

Penguin

On 2/29/2024 at 5:08 PM, jvmacross said:

Shipping now?  Thought it wasn't supposed to release until the Summer or May at the earliest?

You should have no issues getting the rest of them....These are all easily available via YJA, Mandarake and several doujin book sites...

Ugh, I should've been clearer in my editing. It's ordered from someone that gets them. It's preordered and will be enroute, LOL. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd take some time to picture all the books, mooks, and so on, but at the same time, since 99% of them are probably already documented online, I don't see a reason to. Nevertheless, it's cool to look inside of many of these from time to time. I should probably do the same with all 100+ posters I have, but same dilema.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2024 at 7:35 AM, sh9000 said:

Mine arrived in a box this time.  I've never ordered books from Hobby Search before.  Please post how they arrive.

Only ordered the M7 30th issue from Figure King from HS....

• 1 month later...

It will be 4 pages of vf-1(2 tv, 2 dyrl) and 80 pages of frontier and delta CG valks 😛

They always put the vf-1 stuff on the cover to hook you lol

I guess the same could be said for many franchises? RX-78-2 for Gundam to X-wings and TIEs for Star Wars. 

Thanks for the headsup on HJ!

Btw, is Perfect Memory still good buy if I already have Macross Chronicles and the Macross Designers Notes? Just wondering if the material in Perfect Memory has already been reproduced in some form or other in reference materials. That said, SDF Macross is still my favorite part of the franchise, so more materials are never a bad thing 😬

6 hours ago, the_foul_fowl said:

I guess the same could be said for many franchises? RX-78-2 for Gundam to X-wings and TIEs for Star Wars. 

Thanks for the headsup on HJ!

Btw, is Perfect Memory still good buy if I already have Macross Chronicles and the Macross Designers Notes? Just wondering if the material in Perfect Memory has already been reproduced in some form or other in reference materials. That said, SDF Macross is still my favorite part of the franchise, so more materials are never a bad thing 😬

If you just want the lineart....then you should be good to go with both of those books.....the Perfect Memory book is still the best all-SDFM book ever made, so if you can find one at a decent price you wouldn't be disappointed...kind how the Gold Book is the best all-DYRL book ever made...

Nice! Time to get myself a copy. 😬

I think the appeal of the VF-1 is also how it’s based off the F-14 which was probably one of the coolest fighters in the 80s, in no small part to Top Gun.

Have always wondered how well the more modern designs from the VF-25 to 31 would resonate with those who’ve never experienced Macross before. Is the appeal of the VF-1 really evergreen or is it colored by our nostalgic lenses? 😂 

Not to derail the "book" thread any further, but hopefully with Disney's involvement....Macross (w/o the original series and film) can get enough "buzz" to help Macross gain enough visibility and interest outside of Japan and gain some ground on decades of lost opportunity....personally, I don't see how the series can "start" with Macross 7 and keep anyone new to the franchise interested to continue on with the rest of the shows....but that's just me being a complete SDFM/DYRL elitist...LOL

To me, it would be like introducing Star Wars to a whole new audience, but without the OT....and you start out with the ST to kick off the Star Wars franchise and hope it keeps viewers wanting more of it...