1. 1. Songstress/Songster List in Chronological order

• Sara Nome (Zer0)
    • Lynn Minmay (SDF/DYRL)
    • Sharon Apple (+)
    • Basara Nekki (7)
    • Sheryl Nome (Frontier)
    • Ranka Lee (Frontier)
    • Ishtar (II)

I did a search, nothing came up so i decided to make a poll on it.

I was actually thinking of starting one.

You snooze, you lose, I guess.

Put me down for Sheryl.

Aside from liking her singing, she was just an awesome character.

Couldn't stand her at the beginning of Frontier, but she wound up being one of my favorites in the franchise.

"If we get the transient facts, then we'll feel the Info High!"

-Sharon Apple, Macross Plus

She didn't save humanity. Nope. She damaged it. How's that one? :p

Well...she was TRYING to save humanity...unfortunately, she thought humanity would be much better off as zombified Sharon Apple fanatics.

(And anyway, I said "ONE of the only," not "the only." ;) )

"If we get the transient facts, then we'll feel the Info High!"

-Sharon Apple, Macross Plus

She didn't save humanity. Nope. She damaged it. How's that one? :p

I've always wondered, do you have like a notebook that you fill with random quotes on the off chance you may end up using it, or do you just commit all these to memory? ^_^

So far Minmay is winning, followed closely with Sheryl, while Sara hit the bottom of the barrel along with Ishtar (they both may need a better costume for performance). :rolleyes:

Songstress that save humanity/world...lets make a list of it

- Minmay, no need to explain

- Myung, without her, Isamu would never snapped out of Trance and Earth will be zombified forever

- Ishtar, she emulate the marduk into firing into their leader and saving Earth ^_^

- Ranka and Sheryl, they work like "Vajra Emulator", too bad they didn't dress like one. B))

- Basara&Sivil (Fire Bomber, Jamming Birds), he can move mountains

Songstress that...err..just do his/her stuff

- Sara and Mao, they can move rocks, IDK whether Sara is responsible from stopping Tori no Hito, but I credited Monster Mk I for that.

- Wendy Ryder, she act stupid, ride a valkyrie and almost got caught by Marduk.

- Alice Holiday, just another singer in distress

- Mr. Yokogawa, c'mon, how many time we can see a full grown Zentran sing Enka....

They are probably more singer in Macross Universe just like Enika(?) from Trash and the Milky Dolls from VFX game, but I don't know they contribution the series. ^_^

Edited by Morpheus

Hey hey...Sara Nome does not need a better costume. I liked her nude just fine :)

As for me - I voted for Ranka, but I was still in my 20s when I did that - now I feel older, what with the big 30 just days away, and as I age, I find myself strangely moving into the Minmey camp...

Pete

Minmay got my vote for sure! She got the sweetest voice, well balanced singing technique, got the cutest look, and the songstress that started it all.

Sheryl is pretty hot with some interesting edgy songs. Interesting personality as well. However, I don't always like the way she sings in some. Her voice is nice and she got technique for sure, but there are times she made her voice so 'tight' (like in her version of Aimo, as well as What 'Bout My Star?) in some incidences that is not quite to my liking. As if someone struggling in karaoke trying to hit a high note. But in her case, she purposely sings it that way, not very pleasant to hear nonetheless. But really like her more natural voice when singing in Diamond Crevasse.

Ranka is kind of cute, get some catchy songs, but she doesn't have much technique and feels very green as a singer.

Ishtar, Sharon Apple, Basara all got some nice songs. I like them, but not as much as Minmay or Sheryl.

Worthy mentioning is Ranka's mom. Her voice is actually very nice. Like her version of Triangular better than Sheryl & Ranka combined. :p

Edited by mpchi

I thought about asking this question in the newbie section but since there is a thread discussing about songstress and songster, I was wondering why I cannot seem to find information regarding who is the singing voice for Emilia Jenius, I only know the Senyu is Michiko Neya, but wonder if she really did the singing in Heart & Soul and Flash in the Dark. That is a powerful voice and I would like to know if there are other songs by the same singer.

My vote goes to Basara...for so many reasons, including the ability to sing a protodeviln to spiritia ecstasy!

Mylene wasn't getting top billing in her own act, more or less. She had her own songs and all, but she wasn't the focus of the concert unless Basara didn't show. It's like if Ranka didn't actually get out of Sheryl's shadow.

Gah. The roolz!

Meh. Don't care. She gets a vote from me anyway. :lol:

After watching Frontier recently, which is 26 years after the original, with bigger budget and technology for the anime, I was torn between Minmay and Sheryl.

Still, after some thoughts, Minmay is THE legend... So she got my vote.

Sheryl is a star, but would the next Macross uses her as a reference...? Doubt not.

I love Sheryl though. Interesting character! Thought she was cold-hearted in episode 1, but it turns out that she's just rude.

Sheryl is a star, but would the next Macross uses her as a reference...? Doubt not.

I wouldn't be too sure about that...people listen to Sharon Apple songs in Macross 7, Basara got a shout-out in Frontier...they have ways of working in these little references here and there.

Several shout-outs. Including from Sheryl. I'd say odds are good.

agreed. and not just sheryl. i predict that sheryl would be mentioned in the same breath as ranka. and vice versa. i think that's the way they were portrayed by the end of frontier. like a magic johnson-larry bird thing.

Future macross work:

boy 1: Ranka lee is so cute, how could you not love her?

boy 2: me, i'll always go for Sheryl. man, she is sooo hot.

boy 3: Well they're all yours. im going for that hot chick that's always with either one of them. you know, the long blue haired one. man, she is sizzling...

boy 1: ......

boy 2: ...... (looking at boy 1) um... should you tell him, or should I?

Edited by dreamweaver13

agreed. and not just sheryl. i predict that sheryl would be mentioned in the same breath as ranka. and vice versa. i think that's the way they were portrayed by the end of frontier. like a magic johnson-larry bird thing.

Future macross work:

boy 3: Well they're all yours. im going for that hot chick that's always with either one of them. you know, the long blue haired one. man, she is sizzling...

boy 2: ...... (looking at boy 1) um... should you tell him, or i should?

"Hime?"

We have a winner!

Future macross work:

"I know all there is to know about the flying game......the flying game......."

Edited by Alex

Yes, she is. But I guess everyone finds the others more entertaining.

Really, I think she'd get more votes if she hadn't cut her hair short.

I haven't seen Mac2 in ages. Saw it on cable, never bought the DVD.

I remember Ishtar had great taste in fashion, though.

I haven't seen Mac2 in ages. Saw it on cable, never bought the DVD.

I remember Ishtar had great taste in fashion, though.

...Especially BEFORE she came to earth. ^_^

Seriously, for all the vaunted effects of "culture" in Macross, pre-culture Ishtar was WAAAAY hotter than post-culture Ishtar.

Future macross work:

Great dialogue Dreamweaver :) Very entertaining :)

Pete