Yamato 1/60 YF-21 purchase?

logos

Go hungry or feed the habit?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Go hungry or feed the habit?

• Take the plunge! Real men live off Ramen and KD!
    • F*#% that save money...meat good!

Yeah. I guess I wasn't being clear (as usual)>

What I meant was that while it CAN stand on its' own - it has a tendency to fall down if you cause a minor earthquake when you walk past your shelves - which I do :) Other Yamato products, due to their design - withstand such minor earthquakes better. The SV-51 and 21 don't. Thus, rather than risk them going splat, I prefer to have them on a stand...

And the poor 19 in the background forgot to open his landing gears :) Silly Dyson! :)

Pete

Is it due to the weight of the upper body or is the hip joint of the -21 too loose?

It's merely because the center of gravity is really high with most of the mass and weight being up top and having a comparatively small standing base and weight at the bottom. The joints themselves seem pretty tight.

• 2 weeks later...

I like to pose it with the left or right foot maybe half an inch or so ahead or behind of the other, when doing that I can't get it to split to far apart. Dosen't help that my desk is slippery as hell. I would be better if it had more clicky ankle joints I think cause usually that's what goes first. I don't mind it though (nothing's perfect ) and it's not a big deal since I now have them displayed like this.

post-9075-1235761361_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

• 2 weeks later...

I took my YF-21 down from display to try to make it fit tightly in fighter mode. Some people might have some troubles with it and i discovered why mine didn't lock properly. The front of the bellyplates have to lock UNDER the engine intakes. Make sure the legs are curved and fit snugly into the backpack. You might not get it 100% right as out of the box though since i have a little trouble with the legs fitting into the backpack without some excessive force.

After fitting the belly plates in front, push the rear pegs of the belly plates into the opening in the backpack and everything should fit in tightly. Sorry if this was an obvious thing but just though people should know in case they had problems. B))

I took my YF-21 down from display to try to make it fit tightly in fighter mode. Some people might have some troubles with it and i discovered why mine didn't lock properly. The front of the bellyplates have to lock UNDER the engine intakes. Make sure the legs are curved and fit snugly into the backpack. You might not get it 100% right as out of the box though since i have a little trouble with the legs fitting into the backpack without some excessive force.

After fitting the belly plates in front, push the rear pegs of the belly plates into the opening in the backpack and everything should fit in tightly. Sorry if this was an obvious thing but just though people should know in case they had problems. B))

Care to show some pics of it. I'm still having trouble transforming it back to figther properly whereby the the place where you attach the fast packs wouldn't close properly. :angry:

Edited by khyron_99

Just got my YF 21 through the mail. Came in today "I'm so excited" *Borat impression*. Can't wait to go home and open that box. The YF 19 25th year special should be arriving in the next few days with the fold booster and fast packs. Its just Macross Goodness Yamato style!!

Care to show some pics of it. I'm still having trouble transforming it back to figther properly whereby the the place where you attach the fast packs wouldn't close properly. :angry:

You might want to check out the YF-21 transformation videos posted by peolesdru awhile back. They're pretty helpful.

Also, this little tip I posted before is pretty key to making the leg transformation into the bellyplates work: Linky.

Lastly, if all else fails, you can try removing the upper kneepads. It will give you a little more wiggle room to get the legs to fit inside the bellyplates properly. I actually take them off when I transform my custom-painted YF-21 (The kneepads rub up against other parts, causing tons of paint-chips. :angry:).

Hope this helps. :)

You might want to check out the YF-21 transformation videos posted by peolesdru awhile back. They're pretty helpful.

Also, this little tip I posted before is pretty key to making the leg transformation into the bellyplates work: Linky.

Lastly, if all else fails, you can try removing the upper kneepads. It will give you a little more wiggle room to get the legs to fit inside the bellyplates properly. I actually take them off when I transform my custom-painted YF-21 (The kneepads rub up against other parts, causing tons of paint-chips. :angry:).

Hope this helps. :)

I can't find the video. :(

I can't find the video. :(

Here you go. These are extremely helpful. I almost would recommend checking out these videos before trying to do it the first time.

Fighter to Batroid

Batroid to Fighter

Edit:

I closed the poll for this thread considering I have it now.

Edited by logos

logos by now I'm sure you've already made your purchase. Personally I think its one of the better products out of yamato lately it looks great and is designed flawlessly. Its a little difficult to transform and kinda annoying to fit parts in right place exactly how the manual wants it. Nonetheless although expensive its a flawless product that I dont think you should pass up if your into yamato valks.

Yeah I bought it. I have to admit that despite the touchy transformation getting it back to fighter mode I find the thing flawless. This is how a transforming toy should look. You can't really tell at all that the jet can turn into a robot.

Also it makes my 1/60 YF-19 look like crap. I think I am ready for a V2 of the 1/60 YF-19. If they can make it as tight and solid as the YF-21 or the new 1/60 VF-1s :D . Now I just have to find the cash somewhere to get the VF-11B......or new tires for my truck..............who am I kidding I'll probably go for the toy!

Edited by logos

I went into battroid configuration--my goodness. Took me a half hour checking the manual and cross checking on you tube-I love the complexity of it. By the way, thanks guys for the advice--the videos are very helpful. Battroid mode is kick ass, especially with the fast packs and twin gun pods and I displayed it next to my Miriya Q-Rau.

Fighter mode looks awesome, all I kept saying (in my mind of course) was "stealth". Might change it tonight to guardian mode and pose it for a while that way. Just got the Macross Plus Movie version. Pop that bad boy into my DVD player tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah I bought it. I have to admit that despite the touchy transformation getting it back to fighter mode I find the thing flawless. This is how a transforming toy should look. You can't really tell at all that the jet can turn into a robot.

Also it makes my 1/60 YF-19 look like crap. I think I am ready for a V2 of the 1/60 YF-19. If they can make it as tight and solid as the YF-21 or the new 1/60 VF-1s :D . Now I just have to find the cash somewhere to get the VF-11B......or new tires for my truck..............who am I kidding I'll probably go for the toy!

Nah, v.2 YF-19? Hope there won't be, i'm more than happy with my v.1 1/60 :p It looks perfect in all three modes imo. Just not as "tight" as the 21.

19 looks better in battroid, where as the 21 looks perfect in fighter. The two are great releases together with the 11 to finish off a perfect 3!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Nah, v.2 YF-19? Hope there won't be, i'm more than happy with my v.1 1/60 :p It looks perfect in all three modes imo. Just not as "tight" as the 21.

19 looks better in battroid, where as the 21 looks perfect in fighter. The two are great releases together with the 11 to finish off a perfect 3!

And the 11 looks great in gerwalk ;) All is in harmony in the universe :p