Yamato 1/60 YF-21 purchase?

logos

Go hungry or feed the habit?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Go hungry or feed the habit?

• Take the plunge! Real men live off Ramen and KD!
    • F*#% that save money...meat good!

Hmm...that look like an office. You put yr collections there?

Yep! It's my office flare don't cha-know. :rolleyes:

All kidding aside it gets me through the day sometimes. If I kept them at home I probably wouldn't look at them as much and I need something to decorate my 70/80s cubical. Also my boss doesn't care as long as I keep my office relatively clean and I get my work done. That and I find that if I flaunt instead of hiding my geek-dome people don't seem to care about it as much. Can't make fun of you when you openly admit it.

Also I trust the guys in my office and I know where they live (for those of you thinking about vandals and theft).........that and being 6'6" and a human wreaking ball when I want to be helps allot! :lol:

Edited by logos

Ok I took the plunge! My wallet was making sad and disturbing faces at me on the weekend. ^_^....and it's still not talking to me. :p

Will post pics once I receive the bastard.

Good for u! Haha you see how useless this support group is now? You'll never break the habit!

I always wanted a VF-0 and YF-19 so I broke down last year and bought them (with the intention of only buying them)....it has now quickly spiraled into a VF-1S, a YF-22, 2 destroids and now plans to by a VF-1D and VF-1A (Max) (Oh and a Spartan if they ever bring one out) within the space of a year (shoulder problems and all).

So yeah I guess I can now consider it a habit, just like my amazon scifi/fantasy book habit....... <_< .......Och! :(.

Here's hoping "Tom Clancy's HAWX" and "Star Ocean:The Last Hope" sucks so I don't have to buy them! :lol:

Edited by logos

I'm in the same boat. Started with a GNU and a Revoltech... Then Yammy VF-0 and YF-19. Now I'm working on a 1/72 VF-25F, and considering getting another. Also thinking about a SV-51. If I start a post about the SV-51 though... I already know the negative influence I'm going to get XD.

you now have a fullblown valkaholism...

Yeah, but only your wallet faces the hangover..

I'm still mulling around getting one now instead of later...but only strippers have thus far parted money so quickly from me. :p

Edited by Letigre

but only strippers have thus far parted money so quickly from me

Strippers are so totally not worth it when compared to Valkyrie.

Actually - strippers are not worth it period IMO.

And to all pioneers who have the Devil vs. the Angel on your shoulder problem - remember:

This is a Devil:

2yl0ayr.jpg

This is an angel:

2e1yae1.jpg

The choice is yours.

Pete

Anyone ever order from Angolz before? Ordered on Friday and I am still waiting for it to ship and too hear back on a problem with my order.

I think I might have accidentally ordered twice as the master card authentication page crashed on me during the first order. It had said the transaction was not completed so I redid the order and then when I went to check it said that I had made 2 separate orders.

Crap I hate ordering stuff online sometimes.

I think I might have accidentally ordered twice as the master card authentication page crashed on me during the first order. It had said the transaction was not completed so I redid the order and then when I went to check it said that I had made 2 separate orders

Just because it crashes on you, does not mean it crashed on "them" - and the order probably went through the first time.

This is why I use citibank's mobile phone service, wherein citibank immedaitely sends me a text-message automatically whenever my credit card is charged. Generally, this is mainly so that if it is ever stolen and someone uses it for something - whether to buy luxury goods or a can of coke at a gas station - I immediately get the info on my mobile phone and can block the card.

However, it is also a good function for when you purchase something on line and the computer crashes on you. If the purchase went through anyways despite the carsh, you'll get a text message on your mobile phone right away with the amount charged and to whom it was charged.

This helps avoid the type of situations you described.

Congratulations on now having 2 YF-21s. Just take 'em both and be happy.

Pete

Anyone ever order from Angolz before? Ordered on Friday and I am still waiting for it to ship and too hear back on a problem with my order.

I think I might have accidentally ordered twice as the master card authentication page crashed on me during the first order. It had said the transaction was not completed so I redid the order and then when I went to check it said that I had made 2 separate orders.

Crap I hate ordering stuff online sometimes.

I got my DX VF-25F just last week from Angolz, they are pretty prompt with replies IMO. You shouldn't have a problem as long as you explain it I hope!

I got confirmation on 1 order (the one that didn't screw up) so hopefully the other won't go through. I have been sending emails to them for the past few days asking them to cancel the other one but I have gotten no reply.

Note: that when it crashed during that Mastercard online security page I believe that it did say that the order would be on hold till I contact them to confirm my credit card. Since it was Thursday night and I did not want to dick around for a few days waiting for them to answer my email I just ordered it again and started sending them emails to cancel the other order.

If I do end up with 2 I guess i'll keep them but at that price I could have gotten another destroid and a VF-1D or a VF-1 and a VF-1 (max). Crap who am I kidding I think my next order with be a VF-1D, a VF-1A (max DYRL) and a VF-1J super........unless I hear about a Spartan destoid coming out in the next few months......god this is getting bad. :unsure:

I got confirmation on 1 order (the one that didn't screw up) so hopefully the other won't go through. I have been sending emails to them for the past few days asking them to cancel the other one but I have gotten no reply.

Note: that when it crashed during that Mastercard online security page I believe that it did say that the order would be on hold till I contact them to confirm my credit card. Since it was Thursday night and I did not want to dick around for a few days waiting for them to answer my email I just ordered it again and started sending them emails to cancel the other order.

If I do end up with 2 I guess i'll keep them but at that price I could have gotten another destroid and a VF-1D or a VF-1 and a VF-1 (max). Crap who am I kidding I think my next order with be a VF-1D, a VF-1A (max DYRL) and a VF-1J super........unless I hear about a Spartan destoid coming out in the next few months......god this is getting bad. :unsure:

You could always sell it off... but it's an amazing design and I'm sure you'll want one for keeping and one for playing with! Anyway from what you described I don't think both transactions went through so you should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
Voted yes. I'm planning on getting a second 21 this year. You only live once.

Pete

Well thank you for the one you traded to me. B))

My answer is yes take the plunge, I almost waited until the YF-19 combo pack disappeared to get it, so glad i pulled the trigger before prices got crazy. don't wait buy it.

YF-21 also makes my YF-19 look like a piece of poo now too. YF-21 is nice and tight almost everywhere while my YF-19 has a case of the floopies.

About the only thing my YF-19 has over the YF-21 is that in batroid mode the YF-21 pretty much always wants to tip over. It's a strange experience expeically when you compare it to the destoids that require a sizable push to knock over even when I have them in some extreme positions.

Still like it though but at that price there is no way that I would ever buy 2.

post-9075-1234556721_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1234556737_thumb.jpg

About the only thing my YF-19 has over the YF-21 is that in batroid mode the YF-21 pretty much always wants to tip over.

You might want to try a wider A-stance with the YF-21. It might make it slightly more stable.

Of course, then you have to watch out that you don't make it so wide that the sucker wants to do the splits and keel over.

Just put the 21 on its' stand. There's no point fretting over how badly it balances and risking it keeling over off the shelf, taking half your collection with it. It's like the SV-51 - the thing wasn't really designed with a toy in mind - and I think this is why Yamato just went ahead and included stands for the SV-51 and the 21: these things would be "no fun" without the stands - literally.

Pete

My apologies in advance for jacking your thread, logos.

But I gotta shut some folks down and OVERKILL my point.

Well, you got a whole tripod thing going there with the leg covers :p So it doesnt count.

Fine. I got enough evidence to back up my point:

Example 1

gallery_3595_72_159845.jpg

Example 2

gallery_3595_72_69675.jpg

Example 3: The left bellyplate isn't touching in this photo:

gallery_3595_72_121009.jpg

Example 4

gallery_3595_72_214833.jpg

Example 5

gallery_3595_72_78896.jpg

Example 6

gallery_3595_265_212092.jpg

Example 7: Even in GERWALK:

gallery_3595_72_100048.jpg

Example 8: And it's not just a unique aspect of my custom or anything:

gallery_3595_265_109149.jpg

Every Yamato product I own can stand perfectly well enough on its own. Doesn't mean I won't use a flexi for more dynamic mid-air poses though. But the YF-21 can stand on its own perfectly fine.