The MW Automotive Thread Quattro SpecV

areaseven

There's nothing wrong with buying a $60 dollar car. I bought 1980 Pontiac Phoenix off of one of my sister's friends for $50. I only had it for about two months, but was actually able to get $1200 for it as a trade-in.

• 1 month later...

the $60 prelude, is in mechanically great shape, some of the speaker wires are showing and the bumpers aren't fastened correctly so it looks all wonky, some of the paint is peeling on the hood. Otherwise, for $60 i can't really complain, motor has 200,000 miles on it, even in its current condition its worth about $800 since it runs and will pass safety/emissions.

All of BMW's X vehicles are pretty useless IMO. Those cars all have identity crisis because they try to make them do a lot of things but can't do 1 thing well. The best thing those things do is to move people around and now they want to make it smaller and have only 2 doors?? With all that said I do think that it looks pretty cool but nerdy. It looks like a 3 series with it's pants way past the waist like Steve Urkel. Lol

For US$38,000 (US$39,000 for the manual version), you can have this limited-edition 2010 Mopar Dodge Challenger. Only 500 units will be made. So what does it have over the R/T? Performance-wise, just a stiffer suspension and probably nothing new under the hood. Design-wise, lots of black and chrome, as well as hood pins and a funky-looking Hurst shift handle.

2010-Mopar-10-Dodge-Challenger-Side-Angle-1920x1440.jpg

2010-Mopar-10-Dodge-Challenger-Rear-Angle-1920x1440.jpg

2010-Mopar-10-Dodge-Challenger-Hood-Pin-1920x1440.jpg

2010-Mopar-10-Dodge-Challenger-Seating-1920x1440.jpg

2010-Mopar-10-Dodge-Challenger-Hurst-Pistol-Grip-Shifter-1920x1440.jpg

2010 Mopar '10 Dodge Challenger

Those hood pins are huge, and stick up really far above the hood. I like thin, flush hood pins. (like the ones on my Dad's '69 Charger)

Heh, like pasties. On a stripper. ^_^

Maybe they look bigger in person but the back wheels don't look wide enough to give me that muscle car intimidation factor.

And yes, that was a bad 'chop. Those rears are totally inadequate. I think Challengers will accomodate 10" wheels at the rear, maybe 11"s?

I find it weird that the car costs an extra $1000 for the manual transmission. Are there that many automatics out there that they're now cheaper to manufacture than manuals?

When you manufacture something in huge volumes the price goes down.

I find it weird that the car costs an extra $1000 for the manual transmission. Are there that many automatics out there that they're now cheaper to manufacture than manuals?

91% of cars in the US now are apparently automatics:

http://www.dailytech.com/91+Percent+of+2009+MY+Cars+Were+Equipped+With+Automatic+Transmissions/article18854.htm

According to the Detroit News, more than 91 percent of 2009 model year cars sold in the United States came equipped with an automatic transmission.

Now this has an awesome noise.

Sounds great. Wish Mustangs/Shelby's were for sale around here.

Edited by Bri

• 2 weeks later...

Now this has an awesome noise.

True, true. But this is a f'in awesome soundin car, to be sure...

I imagine for people seeing this when it was new back in the late 60's, it had to instill a sort of "the future is now" kinda sense of awe or something...

True, but you just can't compare a road car to a race car. And as far as the Howmet TX goes, it's on a class on its own.

Okay, fair enough. How's about this then?

Don't know why I'm so decidedly biased towards the old-school machinery. But there's just something about the sound coming from those side pipes, right over your shoulder. The lopey idle from a big cam; the crackling and popping from the backpressure just off throttle--it's positively intoxicating. Even a late-model Mustang motor sounds downright otherworldly. Someday I'm gonna experience what that sound is like coming from a true big block side-oiler.

There's a Shelby GT500 JUST LIKE the one in your previous vid, in the showroom at my local Ford dealer. LOL, somehow I doubt they'd let me take it for a test spin.

A thread like this makes me miss my 2003 Mustang Cobra more. I only lightly modified her but it was good for over 450 rwhp and 473 ft-lbs of torgue and 11 second timeslip. Maybe a 2014 Mustang will help fill that void.

post-9178-12819265824_thumb.jpg

A thread like this makes me miss my 2003 Mustang Cobra more. I only lightly modified her but it was good for over 450 rwhp and 473 ft-lbs of torgue and 11 second timeslip. Maybe a 2014 Mustang will help fill that void.

The "Terminator" was definitely the best Production Mustang of that body style, a friend of mine got one as a graduation gift from HS, needless to say the tires didn't make it to graduation. If I ever come across one at the right price i would buy it, i hate the exterior/interior styling but that motor was something to behold.