Macross in other Anime

robokochan

So I had nothing really to do today so I broke out the ol DVD collection to sit back relax and watch.

Anime of choice today....ORGUSS.

Now you may be asking yourself what does that have to do with Macross. Well I will tell you.

I was watching the 3rd epsode when the main character Kay (?) was deep in thought about all of the girls he had conquered and left behind when he was sent to the combined earth. He is naming off the girls and the tanslucent faces appear as he names them. Low and behold the last or next to last girl was Minmei! He even says "Minmei". So Hikaru was not the frist to get to Minmay. And according to the conversation and situation that is protrayed in the frist episode showed that Kay had his way with all of these girls.

Conclusion Minmay was not as innocent as she appeared to be. Food for thought. :lol:

So anyone else have any revelations about old Anime that may have had Macross in them as a tribute or what not?

Rob MN

So anyone else have any revelations about old Anime that may have had Macross in them as a tribute or what not?

Rob MN

Orguss-1 was Mikimoto designs and Orguss-2 was at least based on Hal's originals, i.e. Nataruma has some strong resemblance to Minmay. Even the hair-color.

The only other anime I can think of that has Macross tributes and stuff on it is Nadesico.

And Otaku No Video had more direct tributes/analysis to SDF-tv and DYRL. You really should get it when you can. It's old-school parody.

^_^

I suggest you re-watch that DVD. Go frame by frame during any Chilam communications, and you'll see Misa topless!

You'll also note Vanessa pops up during Kei's girlfriend reminicing, though I think he calls her Shammy (scandelous!).

They were cousins, so they're not blood related, so they're OK in my book B))

In one episode of Urusei Yatsura (the one where Lum and her frioends are fleeing from a demented alien teacher CAO-20, I think), take a look a the spacedock that young Lum, Benten, Oyuki and Ran pass through: Among the ships in the dock is a VF-1!

I'm pretty sure that in Char's Counterattack, Kayra is promised a pineapple salad when she comes back, by whats-his-name (astonaige or something like that, I think). Of course, she doesn't make it back alive, although someone else makes it out in the Re-GZ. And you had to watch it with subs for this - it was among some of the things changed in the dub (I believe it was spaghetti or something like that). Seem familiar?

There's a Regult pod mining energists in Vision of Escaflowne.

The episode with the dragon graveyard. I think it's # 8.

Yes, the mine energist episode was #8, but there was no regult, although Escaflowne was done by Kawamori. It was just a work melef.

As for quotations, Fushigi no umi no Nadia by Gainax had captain Global.

FV

Yes, the mine energist episode was #8, but there was no regult, although Escaflowne was done by Kawamori. It was just a work melef.

Look at it closer.

You can't see it when Van's smashing it, but when it's working in the background it's fairly obvious. They glued a pair of arms to a Regult and painted it gold.

Subliminal sex messages? I thought that was Disney's job.

:)

LOL. The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, etc.

Anything else from Disney that we should know about?

Masturbating Tarzan toys. :lol:

I gotta leave before these kissing cousin justifications start grossing me out. :p

Look at it closer.

You can't see it when Van's smashing it, but when it's working in the background it's fairly obvious. They glued a pair of arms to a Regult and painted it gold.

can someone get a pic of that and post it?

Look at it closer.

Here is a screen capture of that "Regult":

esca08-regult.jpg

The digging claws are attached to where the side thrusters are normally mounted on a Regult.

Look at it closer.

Here is a screen capture of that "Regult":

esca08-regult.jpg

The digging claws are attached to where the side thrusters are normally mounted on a Regult.

ohh i would take that over a glaug or a ger anyday. thx for the pics

http://io.spaceports.com/~tower/guymodelsh...heetoreades.JPG

The main page btw is http://io.spaceports.com/~tower/guymelef.html

There you can see the line art of the shovel melef. Seen from the front it doesn't look like a regult, but from the side now I can see some slight resemblances, although only slight

FV