Whats Lying on your Workbench MKIII

HWR MKII

another short update:

finished the front skirts and modding some knee details for the legs:

th_DSC00141.jpg

th_DSC00134.jpg th_DSC00135.jpg th_DSC00136.jpg

the front skirts were taken from an old 1/144 GP03S kit. the hinge mounts were SAWed off the said kit, then were notched off from the SD kit to provide slots for the hinge mount pieces. also rear view pic shows the rear skirt needs a little more lengthening, so will work on that too :D

th_DSC00133.jpg

this is the knee armor of the HGUC FP01Fb, i modified it to be used as the knee detail of my wip, since GP01/Fb and GP03S have similar knee details. i basically just chopped up the knee armor to shorten it :D

previous posts are here: 1, 2, 3. thanks for looking! B))

Hmm... so the Airfix is good eh? I never knew that (I'm a Japanese snob, love Tamiya & Hasegawa - shun away from Revel & Monogram). So is this a new tooling? Does it have engraved detailing? Its so hard to find 1/72 scale aftermarket stuff in North America, the selection is like 1/5 of 1/48 and 1/10 of 1/32... boo... Any good photos and reviews of this kit?

You could also consider the 1:48th Academy Flanker. The one big issue I hear about it is that the nose is a smidgen too short (that and the cockpit sucks). Luckly there's an aftermarket nose to slap on in the kit's part place. I have it, and while I haven't built it, it looks good in the box.

Maiden Japan, that looks great and like it will be HUGE!

Miriya, running a scribing tool (several times) is really about it unless you saw or machine excess away. Scribe at least half the thickness and bend it to break it off. You can score more shallow, but the accuracy of your cut decreases. Yes, then you have to clean up the edges, but that's life!

On the positive side, a Fiskars rolling cutter IS the BOMB for thinner plastic like .020" - -perfect for strip cutting too. NO raised edges, just cut and glue! - MT

Let me show you guys some of the tools I'm using.

To cut the styrene sheet use exacto blade, cut about halfway deep then carefully bend the sheet in half.

you can also use small hobby saw by Tamiya.

To make the panel lines I use this plastis scriber by Tamiya, and etching saw by Hasegawa ( the small triange piece)

Those square things that stacked are sanding sponges. They are perfect sanding on rounded surface.

post-6518-1233442352_thumb.jpg

post-6518-1233442373_thumb.jpg

post-6518-1233442399_thumb.jpg

That's a nice looking goose you've got there! Are all those metal bits scratch parts or do they come with the kit? I often look longingly at at Ma.K. kits in model shops, but I can't really justify the cost when i have a wardrobe full of unbuilt models at home ... :unsure:

Looks fantastic HWR.. did you use masking for the chipped stripes? They're spot on. I'm always amazed at how much multi-media goodness comes in a MaK kit... gonna have to get my hands on one someday. Are the wires on the smoke launchers(?) going to connect to something when it's done?

Little more on the gans tonight.

I love the way you have made the red stripe look chipped and battered. they whole thing looks great.

Maiden Japan which prime are you modeling this from.

It is from Generation one, with my own original design.

I added more parts to the legs. And this time I took picture with a Coke can, so that you can see the actual size.

F@*^ heck that is big maybe you should post your next pics with the G1 prime in shot top remind us of just how huge this really is.

If you clicked the link and went to the full write-up, you'd know they are :p The shoulder spikes are AN (short spikes for the sides and a long spike for the middle... now I have a set of two longs and a short for another project) along with the mono-eye and the machine gun barrel... AN makes gorgeous stuff, and I've had alot of this lying around for a while waiting for a project.