Second season of GitS: Stand Alone Complex!

wakobi

• 2 weeks later...

Rather then make a new thread, this seemed the best place to ask this question..

I'll mark it for spoilers, since the episodes haven't aired on AdultSwim yet but are on the 4th DVD Volume.

In episodes 15 and 16, we learn that the Tachikomas are being sent back to the research lab due to their rapidly developing AIs. Do they come back? I'm rather fond of the big lugs, so I'd be kind of upset if they just got rid of 'em... =\

Rather then make a new thread, this seemed the best place to ask this question..

I'll mark it for spoilers, since the episodes haven't aired on AdultSwim yet but are on the 4th DVD Volume.

In episodes 15 and 16, we learn that the Tachikomas are being sent back to the research lab due to their rapidly developing AIs. Do they come back? I'm rather fond of the big lugs, so I'd be kind of upset if they just got rid of 'em... =\

Hell, I can tell you what happened to them but I wont. I already seen all of it. I am now on 2nd Gig.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If someone told me a week ago that LMF finally released Episode 20 I would have kicked them in the nads and walked away LAUGHING. But MAN this isn't a joke because it's FINALLY come out!

B))B))B))B))B))B))

;)

• 1 month later...

Yeah, same here. Must be due to their move to DVD rips. SAC is one of those shows that throw around a lot of vocab I never usually run into so I perfer to watch it subtitled, but with the slow release speed I'm just about ready to walk over to the video rental shop and see the last few anyhow.

I only hope the Appleseed TV show they were talking about turns out this good. Appleseed could use a good break for once.

I only hope the Appleseed TV show they were talking about turns out this good. Appleseed could use a good break for once.

Whoa there....an Appleseed TV series? I've never heard of this. Is this instead of the proposed sequels to the movie that the producers had hinted at?

Whoa there....an Appleseed TV series? I've never heard of this. Is this instead of the proposed sequels to the movie that the producers had hinted at?

I read that a couple of weeks ago on Animenewsnetwork. There's gonna be 2 movie sequels and a full tv series.

here's the article:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=6489

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Whoa, I had no idea anybody else was doing 2nd Gig. I'm guessing it has something to do with Laughing Man's somewhat...intermittent release schedule. I'll have to grab those three tonight.

318449[/snapback]

Not really about Laughing man this time.

• 4 weeks later...

I havent seen GITS-SAC, yet. <_< But i was just wondering does the major do her thermo-optic camo thing in the series. You know the stripping of clothing to make herself invisible then assasinate or fight somebody, like in the 1st movie. ;) BTW who was the major's voice actor in the movie (original not dubbed), is she the same one on the series?

Some more questions:

Oh yeah, one more thing who the hell's the voice behind the major in the dubbed GITS 1? BTW the voice of bateua seems to be the same guy who did Guld in the dubbed macross plus. :unsure:

EDIT: Just found out who the japanese VA is for the Major, Atsuko Tanaka. have'nt found the one for the dubbed variant. :angry:

Edited by grss1982

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished watching it. Is it just me, or did the plot feel a little dragged out (about 4-5 eps too long) and did they seem to waste a lot of the ideas they seemed to be aiming for during the last 2 eps?

Also, I'm sensing a pattern here. So far, we haven't really had a GitS sequel that has really been totally satisfying (comic, movie, TV series). Is this some sort of curse?

Everything I've read suggests that Production IG is not interested in a 3rd series.

330739[/snapback]

Never say never...

9-22-05 (8:39AM EDT)---- 3rd Ghost In The Shell TV Series Forthcoming?

The prize ceremony for the 9th Kobe animation awards was hosted several months back and there Director Kenji Kamiyama took the stage to recieve the Individual Award for his work on Production I.G.'s Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex TV series. Longtime cermonial emcee Kazuo Iwasaki of AM KOBE conducted the interview portion of the show and started off by mentioning the work had now been circulated around the world. He asked the director if he had something secret he wanted to share, at this point Mr. Kamiyama was slightly hesitant, saying "well... I'll tell you what..". After a couple of glances in the direction of Mr. Ishikawa of Production I.G. Kamiyama said "Think of... a sequel to 2ndGIG. " The audience which filled the hall erupted into "oooooo". Kamiyama followed up by saying he didnt know what shape it would yet take.