Macross Villians

The biggest macross villain of all time is Shōji Kawamori , the guy has managed to addict thousands if not millions of people to an anime. He's worse then the guys who invented beer and drugs!

Edited by whispo

hmmmm... come to think of it... interesting that after all the macross series that have come and gone, i can't think of a real honest-to-goodness old school "evil"villain. yup, even gepelnitch had his/her redeeming moment at the end. just goes to show how well rounded macross characters are... even the "villains". in effect, it's actually hard to label anyone in the macross universe as an actual "villain", in the classic sense of the word.

but in answer to the question, my favorite would still be Kamjin! the ultimate bad-as$. even in his short appearance in DYRL, he owned Focker. hehe.

worst (read as: most annoying) would be those twin protodevlin near the end of Mac7. GAD, i hate hearing them laugh. arg.

Temjin didn't have enough screen time, but I think he would have made a great villain had he not been (probably) killed for certain by the dimension eater, assuming he survived the being shot down and having the Q-rea stabbed in the crotch.

Oh yeah, and I hated those damned twin protodevlin at the end of M7. Horrible laughs.

Edited by Sumdumgai

I find most of the Macross villains entirely disposable and tragically ineffective. Not at all unexpected given that Macross is a children's show.

For the most part, the villains only manage to inflict real damage during their final finish in which they themselves die. Kamjin, Bodolzaa, Sharon Apple, Gepernitch, Gigile, D.D. Ivanov/Nora Polyansky, et cetera. They were all tragically impotent and if they did cause any significant damage it was just before they got taken out like punks :)

Generally speaking, the only effective forces in Macross are generally the mass of anonymous armies. The Zentradi as an Army were devastating; they beat the UN Spacy fleet early in the war and then obliterated Earth, nearly killing the entire human race. The Varauta destroyed the Megaroad-13 fleet, the Macross 5 fleet and gave the Macross 7 fleet hell. The Vajra also appear quite lethal, though they are more or less on equal terms so far with the NUNS/SMS. Hell, Roy got taken out by three nameless Queadluun-Raus, not any named villain :)

worst (read as: most annoying) would be those twin protodevlin near the end of Mac7. GAD, i hate hearing them laugh. arg.

"Anima..."

"...Spiritia."

"Hoh hoh hoh..."

"...Ho Ho Ho!"

Jeez, did they ever suck. Thank goodness they got eaten by Geperunichi-the-Spiritia-Black-Hole...

"Anima..."

"...Spiritia."

"Hoh hoh hoh..."

"...Ho Ho Ho!"

Jeez, did they ever suck. Thank goodness they got eaten by Geperunichi-the-Spiritia-Black-Hole...

ach... the memory of their "twin-dialogue/laugh" gimmick is just plain painful. :mellow:

but i'll tell you the villain that has yet to be defeated...

Basara's mountain. far as i know, he never did get to make that mountain move. toughest villain yet. B))

The X-9 ghost from Macross Plus. The baddest of the bad boys. A killer with no soul. Some would say that it was just a tool being used by Sharon Apple, but come on, we all really know that deep down this machine was EVIL. Besides, if it had been successful UN SPACEY would have gotten rid of all the Valks. AARGH!!!!

Taksraven

I find most of the Macross villains entirely disposable and tragically ineffective. Not at all unexpected given that Macross is a children's show.

For the most part, the villains only manage to inflict real damage during their final finish in which they themselves die. Kamjin, Bodolzaa, Sharon Apple, Gepernitch, Gigile, D.D. Ivanov/Nora Polyansky, et cetera. They were all tragically impotent and if they did cause any significant damage it was just before they got taken out like punks :)

Generally speaking, the only effective forces in Macross are generally the mass of anonymous armies. The Zentradi as an Army were devastating; they beat the UN Spacy fleet early in the war and then obliterated Earth, nearly killing the entire human race. The Varauta destroyed the Megaroad-13 fleet, the Macross 5 fleet and gave the Macross 7 fleet hell. The Vajra also appear quite lethal, though they are more or less on equal terms so far with the NUNS/SMS. Hell, Roy got taken out by three nameless Queadluun-Raus, not any named villain :)

I don't think I can classify Sharon Apple as a villain, she's just an AI learning how to be a human in a wrong way ^_^ .

I'll tell you, Luca is the real villain from all Macross series :ph34r:

The X-9 ghost from Macross Plus. The baddest of the bad boys. A killer with no soul. Some would say that it was just a tool being used by Sharon Apple, but come on, we all really know that deep down this machine was EVIL. Besides, if it had been successful UN SPACEY would have gotten rid of all the Valks. AARGH!!!!

Taksraven

:lol: You're right. replace the valkyries?? DIE, GHOST, DIE!!!!!!

The biggest macross villain of all time is Shōji Kawamori , the guy has managed to addict thousands if not millions of people to an anime. He's worse then the guys who invented beer and drugs!

Villan or Hero? It is a fine line!

Well...we know cream pies don't work against HG, so maybe banana peels should be next...let's save the dimension eater as a last resort...we don't want to take out a quarter of the planet just to get HG.

If your worried about collateral damage, how about sending the VF-25S with Full Armor towards their HQ? :ph34r: Without Nukes of course. B))

Oh yeah......Ultimate Macross Villain: Quamzin Kravshera. HANDS DOWN!!!! ^_^

You're right. replace the valkyries?? DIE, GHOST, DIE!!!!!!

I thought the GHOST survived the headon collision with Guld, whose impact created a brief time-bending wormhole & sucked the GHOST into nearly 3 decades earlier & crashlanded on US soil. Hell, I even heard Pentagon covered up the whole shebang, & managed to dig up from GHOST's wreckage of a certain AI dron system that ultimately being redeveloped over as 'EDI - Extreme Deep Invader" UCAV drone & being tested aboard USS Abraham Lincoln. Some scuttle butt said the drone vaporised in North Korea back in 2005, but US Govt. never acknowledge the darn incident.