Graham reviews the new Yamato 1/60 VF-1

Shawn

is the VF-1A due to come out this 29 July? anyone knows when the non-FP version VF-1s will come out and for how much? thanks

I know that the 1S is out on the 1st (i'm gonna camp outside the store over night ;) ). The Guys at Sakuraya (Japanese electronics store) told me they'd have it for 6000en. Can't be right.

Is this news of a July 29th release for the 1A correct?

I know that the 1S is out on the 1st (i'm gonna camp outside the store over night ;) ). The Guys at Sakuraya (Japanese electronics store) told me they'd have it for 6000en. Can't be right.

Is this news of a July 29th release for the 1A correct?

Not sure, though I'm hoping it is. Some sites just say August, but this site says it's on July 29:

http://www.toyslogic.com/index.php?main_pa...kp6hnugvq2o44i2

hope this is true :)

Yup, I was supposed to get another VF-1S but with this one possibly being released much earlier than expected, I've reconsidered :)

Well, I got a set of free FPs so i'd rather wait for the stand-alone 1A but I guess i'll get it anyway.

Cool, good list. here's mine -

Hikaru VF-1S (with Strike/FP Pack) x 1 or 2

Max 1S (or 1A)

Max TV-1A

CF-1A x 1 (or 2) (Strike/FP pack extra)

VF-1J Hikky (with GBP-1S) x 1

VF-1J Max & Millia (with their respective Super/FP packs) x 1 each

VF-1D x 1

VT-1 x 1

VE-1 x 1

Probably gonna love the Max and Millia most after the 2 seaters, as i haven't got any variable max and Millia stuff. Only litte Gashapons.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

so who's still with me waiting for the Hikky 1S or 1A?? Seems everyione is getting Roy now after Swoosh's provocative pics. >_<

I am ^_^ , though of the three, I would have preferred to get Hikky's 1J. I'm more of the TV series than the DYRL. But since I'll be getting an affordable version 1 1J with GBP tomorrow, I wouldn't mind getting the ver 2 1A first. Here's the rest of my wish list for VF-1 ver 2 1/60s:

1A Kaki

1A/J Max

1J Milia

1A Cannon Fodder

1D

Also, if I can't find an affordable ver.1 Elientseeker, I hope they make a version 2 :)

Ver 1's that I want to get:

1A CF

VE-1

VT-1

Edited by pochimus prime

15 friggin pages!

i just want to read the complaints if theres any.

can someone give me the executive summary please.

haha...yeah, too much to read, anyway, QC seems as good as the YF-21, everything nice and tight, only problems found was that MW member Alex was beheaded, a picture surface on 2chan about a broken hinge on the arm but noone has encountered this problem but are afraid to manhandle the hinge in fear it could break...

I'm going to go nuts on the 1/60 and buy every release. I don't have any 1/48's, so resentment is not an issue for me. And I don't really collect anything else.

After these and the Beagle ride armor, I just need someone to make a decent Legioss and Tread, and then I can stop buying toys.

I'll stop buying toys the day Yamato covers all the destroids, enemy mecha and other VF's from SDF Macross, DYRL? and from the Advanced Valkyrie Program ;)

The same goes for Mospeada :lol:

I also need some other mecha from Megazone 23 and then i'll be a happy camper!!!

hi new here...

IMHO, owning the new 1/60 VF-1 makes you want to collect these instead of the 1/48s... easier to display (smaller and lighter), new, 30-40% cheaper (easier on my wallet!) and very pretty... although, i feel the 1/48 is much sturdier coz of the 2 potential problem areas previously mentioned (ball-jointed shoulder much much tighter than the square part(?) it's connected to ; cover for the hip-bar connection - make sure not to make it go side-ways when applying force). but i think if one is careful enough, nothing will "break just by touching it." ^_^

trying to keep up with this thread and i might have missed it but with this new 3rd generation from yamato/ second attempt with the 1/60 scale with the VF-1 which will they come with next, now that Roy Focker 1S has come out? I believe I read somewhere in this thread that Yamato has plans for Hikaru but a 1A or 1S? Can someone put me up to speed?

trying to keep up with this thread and i might have missed it but with this new 3rd generation from yamato/ second attempt with the 1/60 scale with the VF-1 which will they come with next, now that Roy Focker 1S has come out? I believe I read somewhere in this thread that Yamato has plans for Hikaru but a 1A or 1S? Can someone put me up to speed?

just get both and swap the heads... you'll get an instant hikaru 1s (albeit with yellow arrow) and a one-of-a-kind focker 1a :rolleyes:

Surely the Hikaru 1S will be before the VF-1D? It's so easy to make up with the 1A just around the corner... thoughts?

True. Some retools are necessary for the 1D, and only a redeco for the 1S. I wanted to stay away from the Hikky 1S since I want to concentrate on TV instead of DYRL, but I can't get enough of these new 1/60's :p

So let met get this straight:

The heads are swappable right? So if you get both the Roy 1S and the Hikaru 1A, you can just mix and match and basically have a Hikaru 1S Strike right there? I mean, even the sticker sheet has different color schemes for the fast packs so that you can use any of the skull squadron members color schemes right?

Apologies to ruskiiVFaussie for saying that I would wait for the Hikky 1S. But for the time being, I've decided to begin my collection with the skull leader valks. ^_^

Money (and wife) permitting, I'll probably get into the other valks later on.

So let met get this straight:

The heads are swappable right? So if you get both the Roy 1S and the Hikaru 1A, you can just mix and match and basically have a Hikaru 1S Strike right there? I mean, even the sticker sheet has different color schemes for the fast packs so that you can use any of the skull squadron members color schemes right?

Apologies to ruskiiVFaussie for saying that I would wait for the Hikky 1S. But for the time being, I've decided to begin my collection with the skull leader valks. ^_^

Money (and wife) permitting, I'll probably get into the other valks later on.

that's basically it, some disasembly and unscrewing may be required like the 1/48, just take the 1/60 vf-1s head off, paint the arrows red, put it on the hikaru vf-1a and their you go, you got a hiki vf-1s... only problem is that the number are tampoed, you'll have a hiki vf-1s skull 011, ehhehehehe