Why I hate macross frontier...

Folom is gone, OH NO!

Where will Sheryl get the fabric she uses to write here songs on?

What about her shoe bed?

Oh the Zentreadity.... :(

Wait... why is Folmo gone? Folmo was on Frontier? :blink: Am I missing something?

Edited by MisaForever

I HATE FRONTIER because it's going to end someday.

I HATE FRONTIER because one week now seems longer than before.

I HATE FRONTIER because i'm playing the same frackin songs in my head over and over again (what bout my star.....)

I HATE FRONTIER because i have to tell myself that that there is an atmosphere.

:angry: Damn you Frontier!! *shakes his fist at the atmosphere*

Edited by dreamweaver13

I hate Macross Frontier because of the constant "bait and switch" bs being used every episode. If you're going to reference something that happened in a previous series, then do it and stop letting everyone down with lame ass retcon or lookalikes.

It's time to move on.... :rolleyes:

What I have disliked so far is the fact that Ranka's first audience ever is now completely and totally dead...

:unsure:

(Hope some of them survived though... hope never dies...)

You know that must really suck. I feel bad for Ranka. You pull an ole' "Minmey culture shock" on some zentrans (that you know will become some great fans later on in the long run). Then your flying high with the man you like, next thing you know, plane goes down, your kidnapped, trapped in a green bubble, and all your new fans just got vaporized by a a hot libarian evil cyborg...Talk about a crappy day. :mellow:

post-351-1215503222_thumb.jpg

You know that must really suck. I feel bad for Ranka. You pull an ole' "Minmey culture shock" on some zentrans (that you know will become some great fans later on in the long run). Then your flying high with the man you like, next thing you know, plane goes down, your kidnapped, trapped in a green bubble, and all your new fans just got vaporized by a a hot libarian evil cyborg...Talk about a crappy day. :mellow:

and you're forgetting that she desperately needs to take a dump! tough luck. :ph34r:

Ranka had an audience at Folmo! :p

Folom is gone, OH NO!

Where will Sheryl get the fabric she uses to write here songs on?

What about her shoe bed?

Oh the Zentreadity.... :(

Her first audience as a professional singer is what I meant... ^_^

Poor Zentradi soldiers... :unsure:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

There was a special episode!? No body told me about this!

And on the note of this thread - when I first saw it, I was frightened because a couple of local fans that congregate at a TF board I visit but also like Macross are really down on Macross: Frontier - going on and on and on about how it's just rehashing old stuff, how the characters are just carbon copies etc etc etc...

In any event - I see there's no need to whip out the "forty million reasons why you are wrong" Reactive Weaponry... so I'll just add my voice to the chorus of Love for Macross Frontier.

It's the perfect series. It pays honor and homage to all that is good in the franchise, while progressing the plot and moving things forward AND introducing new and amazing characters.

Just like SDF Macross was the standard for animated shows in the 80s and kind of 90s as well, I think Macross: Frontier is going to be - or at least SHOULD be - the standard for how animated programs should look, and what themes, threads and motives they should follow.

Also - I think it is wonderful that, in a world where there is more and more Live Action Movie Syndrome - Macross Frontier shows that some things actually do look better in animated form (despite the CGI in Frontier).

I don't think this thread is pointless.

It would be like saying that a 14th thread praising Nekki Bassara is pointless.

Hmmm....

VFTF1

I hate Macross Frontier because its going to be responsible for making me very poor and in debt to some Yakuza :ph34r:

I really need to get a better job before that really happens to me :lol:

I hate Macross Frontier because it will not have TWICE as many episodes as Macross 7, and that is just a CRIME!!!! :angry:

Yep...I spent late February to early April in a six-week Macross watching kinda/sorta marathon (three episodes or one movie per day), and almost HALF of that time was devoted to Macross 7 and its sequels...

I guess we can hope they make a second season to MacF, but I'm not holding my breath...

Yep...I spent late February to early April in a six-week Macross watching kinda/sorta marathon (three episodes or one movie per day), and almost HALF of that time was devoted to Macross 7 and its sequels...

come on... you didn't press fast forward? even the most cringe-worthy parts? even the umpteenth drum intro into planet dance? hmmmmm? ^_^

I hate Macross Frontier because it makes me realize how Ripofftech:TSC is awful. DAMN YOU MACROSS FRONTIER !!! :angry:

It took Frontier to make you realize that? :blink:

I thought it's total essence of sucky lameness radiated from the DVD case like a malodorous, heavy, almost viscous black haze of gaseous incompetence, but that may have just been me...

come on... you didn't press fast forward? even the most cringe-worthy parts? even the umpteenth drum intro into planet dance? hmmmmm? ^_^

Nope, not once. Not even during "Macross's Fastest Liftoff" or the almost entirely nonsensical episode 39. I've watched Macross 7 enough times that I rarely cringe anymore.

Oddly, the stuff that still bothers me is, first: that fire Bomber never really look like they're playing their instruments (you have to hit CHORDS, guys, not just strum!) and the way that the vampires stand around passively while Basara and Mylene and/or Michael decide it's a fabulous time to have an argument.

I even think "Planet Dance" is a fun song, and would sound great if they would just take out that damn harmonica (which, thankfully, they do on a lot of later versions of the song).

EDIT: ALL RIGHT! I've moved out of the realm of SDFM titles, and into the clutch of Macross Plus ones! But what happened to Macross II...? I wanted to be "Ishtar's hairstylist" or "Hibiki's copy editor"...

Edited by Gubaba

yup. someone must have posted without reading the thread at all... wata bummer. :p

Meh. I just choose not to mindlessly latch on to anything simply because it is Macross. If you guys like it, then that's just fine. I've just been disappointed with the last five episodes and have been hoping that something more interesting/exciting than the WTF-1/Quamzin Jr. happens. There is a lot of potential though, so I suppose "hate" is a bit strong.