VF-22S Conversion Parts for 1/60 Yamato YF-21

PsYcHoDyNaMiX

@ruskii... Yea, attaching the VF-22S' faceplate to the existing YF-21's face was my original plan (read my starting post) because there would be no way to actually make the VF-22S' faceplate clear the bottom stem of the antenna inside the cowl. When transforming the 21/22 back to gerwalk/fighter one would have to remove the VF-22S' faceplate or it would get damaged. Instead of snapping/clipping on the faceplate I may end up using magnets for the faceplates if i feel the ones from eugimon's reference site would suit the situation (are strong enough -=X).

I guess I'll be incorporating the slots so the VF-22S' bays can hold the gunpods. XD

Around sometime this weekend I'll have prototype pics of maybe two different faceplates and the modified canopy. The reason for the two faceplates are due to the anime accurate one and the other is based off the VF-1 Riders 1/72 Hasegawa Battroid conversion kit. I kind of like them both for some reason. I'll make them both and post them up, so I can get some feedback.

Max

Sweet! yeah i read your first post but i didn't understand enough to know for myself. Thankyou heaps for clarifying for me. :):D

Hey, i havean AWESOME idea... are you familiar with feff's officer's Gilgamesh?

I would KILL absolutely maim for a plate just like that, is it possible you can do one up like so? i'll pay whatever, i'm not so good at customizing when it comes from building it from scratch.

I guess I'll be incorporating the slots so the VF-22S' bays can hold the gunpods. XD

Around sometime this weekend I'll have prototype pics of maybe two different faceplates and the modified canopy. The reason for the two faceplates are due to the anime accurate one and the other is based off the VF-1 Riders 1/72 Hasegawa Battroid conversion kit. I kind of like them both for some reason. I'll make them both and post them up, so I can get some feedback.

Max

I hope you get some sense of satisfaction knowing lots of members are cheering you on for undertaking this project. I am very interested to see the pics you've promised.

Alright... here is the current progress of my work atm. I realized it's pretty tough to keep up with my planned schedule with a FT work schedule and girl friend. LOL

I still have quite alot of work to do for the canopy and the face plate (puttying the face, sanding and trimming, form a new canopy dome, etc...). I already know what I will be doing for the bay doors and I'm hoping to start them this coming weekend. I think I've decided to not make the VF-1 Riders VF-22 faceplate because it's not even anime nor line accurate (it's the one on the left edge of two of the photos). VF-1 Riders faceplate IMO just won't look right when painted as the colors of the anime. I guess I could depending on the fandom demand. XD

Max

***EDIT***

I apologize for the horrible lighting in the pics. -=X

The masking tape on the face is temporary just so I can get an idea of where to place the visor.

post-4919-1216092718_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1216092724_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1216092729_thumb.jpg

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Alright... here is the current progress of my work atm. I realized it's pretty tough to keep up with my planned schedule with a FT work schedule and girl friend. LOL

I still have quite alot of work to do for the canopy and the face plate (puttying the face, sanding and trimming, form a new canopy dome, etc...). I already know what I will be doing for the bay doors and I'm hoping to start them this coming weekend. I think I've decided to not make the VF-1 Riders VF-22 faceplate because it's not even anime nor line accurate (it's the one on the left edge of two of the photos). VF-1 Riders faceplate IMO just won't look right when painted as the colors of the anime. I guess I could depending on the fandom demand. XD

Max

***EDIT***

I apologize for the horrible lighting in the pics. -=X

The masking tape on the face is temporary just so I can get an idea of where to place the visor.

Can someone post a piccy of this VF-22 Riders faceplate (in game shot or anything) please?

how about this -

IMG_6824.jpg

IMG_6836.jpg

IMG_6837.jpg

IMG_6838.jpg

IMG_6840.jpg

IMG_6843.jpg

Best thing about Feffs mech it even has the cowl. When we get our face plate eventually from Max i'd like to place it

flipped up like in the first pic. The pointy face plate just looks awesome too, adds a more aggresive look, which is

what the 21/22 needs (1/60) as the head just sits too far back into the cowl.

Any feedback guys for Max on the Gilgamesh plate? If we are talking about non anime stuff requested by fans that

Max mentioned we need to ket him know. Sorry about the pics size, i don't know how to thumbnail them. :(

What do you think Max? :)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Remember the SV-51 had a retractable visor/armour as well just remembering Ivanov and his SV-51 before Roy comes out with his VF-0S Reactive...

Anyways, here's the last of the pics i gathered from Feff's scenes in the anime -

IMG_6843-1.jpg

IMG_6833.jpg

IMG_6808.jpg

IMG_6817.jpg

I should dig out my RPG, i think it has lineart there of the Gilgamesh...

This face plate would make the YF-21/22 a new breed of bad ass. Also homage to Mac II, the anime we get no toys for! :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

That's a Hasegawa VF-22S, it is canon, AFAIK, those are not the gunpod but laser mounted for fighter mode, the black diamond shape thingys are missile launchers, so they are not the gunpod

yet, I have no idea where is the VF-22S gunpod mounted

Yeah, it's a bunch of anime magic horseshit, at least the YF-21 was more realistic in that regard. :rolleyes:

-Kyp

As promised...

A second canopy was made and I'll have to re-plot the windows. I had to scrap the first canopy because I decided to get creative one night. XD

The visors for the VF-22s were not set and were held down by tape (and my fingers) to the faceplate. I'm debating if the visors should be recast in clear parts.

The bay doors are being made in steps/layers as shown.

Yes its seems to be that I will be using magnets for attaching the bay doors and faceplate.

***EDIT***

None of these pics are final. A lot more puttying and sanding to go!

post-4919-1217214106_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1217214113_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1217214118_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1217214125_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1217214133_thumb.jpg

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...