Macross Ace Frontier for the PSP.

These Gundam games, do they have water depth at all?

I am hoping for atleast Gerwalk depth (around battroid knees/waist), i love splashing around doing badass rolls, even better would be to fly way low and skim the water!

I WANT TO HAVE THE VT-1 IN THIS GAME! training missions. :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

While I'm also looking forward to this game, I'm a bit skeptical as to the flight mechanics. While I liked the VFX series, the only Macross game that comes close to the flight dynamics inherent to Macross in my opinion is the SDFM Game from Sega-AMD.

Now if this game were being developed by the Namco guys who brought us Ace Combat, that would be a different story!:ph34r:

Ever since Namco merged with Bandai, I've been dreaming of a Macross game that uses the flight model of Ace Combat. I REALLY hope that they've got an "Ultimate Valkyrie Simulator" in the works for the PS3!

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I'm at work and could't go through all 14 pages, why is this game only coming out on PSP?? Are there any plans on making one for the non-portable consoles??

Because PS3 and 360 games cost a lot of money to develop and both have a small user base in Japan so it's hard to recoup costs. Third party Wii games sell like crap.

The PSP is cheaper and easier to develop for, and the developers already have a lot of experience on the system with the three Gundam Battle games.

Could we expect training levels?

Not like training missions, just you, and your valk free range.

Gundam Battle historically has had training missions but IMO they have been more annoying than anything else. Of course completing all the training missions gives you bonus tune points to start with.

Cool, just hope we can have free reign without time limits.

No doubt there will be cheats.

Likely you'll need a modded psp for the cheats to work as most cheats I see that aren't button codes or passwords are for CWCheat, and that requires the psp to be modded.

Again, if anyone needs help with the whole modding thing, let me know. I can help. The psp is also modded via software mods, so it's technically not even illegal in the US.

With you guys talking about software mods, but then waiting to buy new models, I'm not sure what to do. I am thinking of buying a second-hand one because I heard it's much easier to do all these hacks and whatnot on the older firmware versions, but if the new 3000 model has a firmware update then it may not be as much fun.  Still, better screen sounds good....

If anyone's considering buying a PSP for this game, might want to hold off until October when the PSP-3000 comes out (the current one is the PSP-2000, known as the slim). The new one has a built in mic (handy for the built in Skype feature) and a much better screen.

I know it's ironically payed off that I've been waiting for a better slim line colour :lol:

Edited by bluemax151

Considering that the 2000 series actually got rid of a lot of the inherent problems in the original 1000 series, I'm not seeing as much of a need to upgrade to the 3000. The screen might be nicer, but the 2000's screen is pretty damn nice still. The speaker isn't very appealing either, as the PSP seems like a less than ideal platform for Skype. Not to mention having to wait for the firmware hacking to catch up.

With you guys talking about software mods, but then waiting to buy new models, I'm not sure what to do. I am thinking of buying a second-hand one because I heard it's much easier to do all these hacks and whatnot on the older firmware versions, but if the new 3000 model has a firmware update then it may not be as much fun.  Still, better screen sounds good....

My 2 cents:

I got a PSP just to play this game (since it looks like there will be no PS3 version any time soon). But in the meantime I got some games to play.... and I must say that swapping discs to play is not so nice, especially when you're on the go.

Then I found out about the software mod. And I installed it on my PSP. WOW.

You can fit more than 7 games (depending on the size) on a 8 MB Memory Stick... without the need to swap anything.

I think the 2000 is the best way to go. If the updates in the 3000 were a built-in Hard Disk and bluetooth, I'd definitely consider it. But it's basically the same. And as yellowlightman said, the hacked firmware might take a while to appear.

My 2 cents:

I got a PSP just to play this game (since it looks like there will be no PS3 version any time soon). But in the meantime I got some games to play.... and I must say that swapping discs to play is not so nice, especially when you're on the go.

Then I found out about the software mod. And I installed it on my PSP. WOW.

You can fit more than 7 games (depending on the size) on a 8 MB Memory Stick... without the need to swap anything.

I think the 2000 is the best way to go. If the updates in the 3000 were a built-in Hard Disk and bluetooth, I'd definitely consider it. But it's basically the same. And as yellowlightman said, the hacked firmware might take a while to appear.

Wait, so you didn't need a pandora battery? I was under the impression you needed that, and something called a "magic memory stick" to install the Custom Firmware on the PSP, without which you cannot load games from the Memory stick...

I was planning to get one soon and get Metal Gear Portable Ops while I wait for Ace Frontier, but man, all this research is tough.

Edited by Renato

While I'm also looking forward to this game, I'm a bit skeptical as to the flight mechanics. While I liked the VFX series, the only Macross game that comes close to the flight dynamics inherent to Macross in my opinion is the SDFM Game from Sega-AMD.

Now if this game were being developed by the Namco guys who brought us Ace Combat, that would be a different story!:ph34r:

Ever since Namco merged with Bandai, I've been dreaming of a Macross game that uses the flight model of Ace Combat. I REALLY hope that they've got an "Ultimate Valkyrie Simulator" in the works for the PS3!

I'm with you about the flight-mechanics on this game... as mentioned before it'll be very generic, just like flying Mu La Flaga's mobile armor or even Aegis Gundam in the Seed games...

I do hope Namco/Bandai do something... we can only dream for now...

Wait, so you didn't need a pandora battery? I was under the impression you needed that, and something called a "magic memory stick" to install the Custom Firmware on the PSP, without which you cannot load games from the Memory stick...

I was planning to get one soon and get Metal Gear Portable Ops while I wait for Ace Frontier, but man, all this research is tough.

I did use a Pandora Battery. I had some options: go to the nearest electronics mall to have someone do it, or research the "how to" in the internet.

But instead of trying to find which of the 1001 ways to create a Pandora Battery and "Magic Memory Stick" worked ( with the risk of spoiling more than 1 battery if I didn't do it correctly), I bought a set.

Apparently there are some online retailers that sell the Battery + Stick. I found one, ordered it and in 2 weeks + 5 mins (2 week shipping time + 5 min actual installation time :p ) my PSP was modded. And best of all, I did it ^_^

I did use a Pandora Battery. I had some options: go to the nearest electronics mall to have someone do it, or research the "how to" in the internet.

But instead of trying to find which of the 1001 ways to create a Pandora Battery and "Magic Memory Stick" worked ( with the risk of spoiling more than 1 battery if I didn't do it correctly), I bought a set.

Apparently there are some online retailers that sell the Battery + Stick. I found one, ordered it and in 2 weeks + 5 mins (2 week shipping time + 5 min actual installation time :p ) my PSP was modded. And best of all, I did it ^_^

I custom firmware'd my 1st gen PSP, and it's been working like a champ. I have friends who have the Slim who I helped install the custom firmware using a self-modded pandora battery and magic mem stick. It's quite simple... And even a lot easier if you have a friend that has their PSP modded already.