THE INCREDIBLE HULK

EXO

As far as the numerous cameo's go, I caught Lou Ferringo but missed Bill Bixby. Tony Stark's scene did seem a bit shoved in there due to the reshuffling that they must have done. I wonder, did so many people walk out of Iron Man without seeing Fury that they decided not to do that again.

I'm guessing that's why they reshuffled the scene to where it is too. The movie had already ended, but now they go to the bar scene with Ross and Stark. It does seem kind of off, pacing wise. Still a cool scene though.

As for Bill Bixby. At the very beginning of the movie, while Banner's still in South(or is it Central?) America, he's in his apartment watching tv trying to teach himself the local language. While flipping through the channels, one of the shows that pops up is "The Courtship of Eddie's Father" starring, of course, Bill Bixby! Bixby's only onscreen for a couple of seconds and in the tv clip he does utter a line of dialogue. Like I said, blink, and you'll miss it. It's definitely no accident that they picked that show as one of the ones Banner was flipping through. I thought it was a really cool and clever homage. :)

Speaking of cameos, did anyone else expect Stan Lee to hulk out after drinking the soda? :D

Don't make me hungry! You wont like me when I'm hungry!!!

They picked up a lot from the TV shows, the comic books and the video games and used them very wisely. I especially loved the piano sequence from the TV show. Man I wanna see it again!

Speaking of cameos, did anyone else expect Stan Lee to hulk out after drinking the soda? :D

:lol: Yeah, what gives? :p I don't mind having Stan's cameos last a bit longer than a few seconds.

I don't know actor names, nor do I know anything from Hulk's universe, but little homages, easter eggs, etc. are always welcomed when used properly.

The only other thing I noticed that I know of was the cameo by the Hulk TV series actor (sorry, don't know his name) as the security guard. I thought that was cool. :D

I was kind of hoping that Mr. Blue would be Tony Stark, but what ever. I hear that Mr. Blue becomes some guy named (the) Leader. I don't know who that is, but it sounds funny to me (in context to the scene in the movie where his head starts bulging). :p

I was kind of hoping that Mr. Blue would be Tony Stark, but what ever. I hear that Mr. Blue becomes some guy named (the) Leader. I don't know who that is, but it sounds funny to me (in context to the scene in the movie where his head starts bulging). :p

SO SAYS THE LEADER!

hulk2_115.jpg

Or to quote Modak in the 90s Hulk Cartoon, "so says the leader, so says the leader, so says the leader... it's like sticking a finger down my throat"

Very solid. CG was pretty meh but serviced the story well enough. The best action sqeuence had nothing to do with the Hulk CG.

It was actually of Blonsky as the not-quite-Abomination super soldier. Seeing him in action was refreshing after looking at what was obvious CG, and made me realize a Captain America film could *totally* work, with the Cap being the same sort of serum enhanced super soldier, and would actually be amazing to watch.

Very solid. CG was pretty meh but serviced the story well enough. The best action sqeuence had nothing to do with the Hulk CG.

It was actually of Blonsky as the not-quite-Abomination super soldier. Seeing him in action was refreshing after looking at what was obvious CG, and made me realize a Captain America film could *totally* work, with the Cap being the same sort of serum enhanced super soldier, and would actually be amazing to watch.

You're not the only one.

While watching that scene I could totally see Captain America doing everything Blonsky was doing. Actually, it reminded me a lot of a similar scene from the Ultimate Avengers animated movie, which is an ok movie, but the highlight is the end when it's Hulk vs. The Avengers.

You're not the only one.

While watching that scene I could totally see Captain America doing everything Blonsky was doing. Actually, it reminded me a lot of a similar scene from the Ultimate Avengers animated movie, which is an ok movie, but the highlight is the end when it's Hulk vs. The Avengers.

ultimate cap versus ant man in the Ultimates has a similar sort of fight that features cap doing parkour type moves and using the environment to take down a larger/stronger foe.

Did anyone else lol at the bit where Banner turns a computer on and Norton antivorus pops up. :lol:

That was pretty funny plus the scene Betty shows Bruce a pair of Purple stretchy-shorts.

It would seem that's the case.

:ph34r:

Or did he just get better at "aiming" it? They definitely implied he was learning to control it at the end, but they could really take it in any direction. Maybe the Hulk doesn't like being controlled, and then we get the split personality disorder.

:D

i dont get the dislike of the CG in the film. I htought it was pretty solid for the most part. Certainly Hulk and Abomination looked awesome...

Yeah, I thought the CG was pretty respectable. There was a couple of shots that looked off, i'm thinking of the CG apache flying to the university and that shot where the hulk is in the spot light and I thought when Hulk and Betty were in the park that they didn't line up quite right.

It wasn't ground breaking or anything but certainly no worthy of some of the complaints thrown against it.

I think the texture of the Hulk was over done but the CG was better than the last. I was watching comparisons the other day and the Ang Lee version didn't look as good. For some reason I thought it was better until I saw that.

The mannerisms of the Hulk was better though. He certainly looked like a tough buy. The scene when he was walking after Banner crashed from the copter made him look like an absolute badass.

I wonder if the first movie appealed more to people who remember the origin of the Hulk and know all the angst between bruce and his father? The more modern books all but ignore that aspect of banner, imo and I think that might have thrown a lot of newer hulk fans for a loop.

Or did he just get better at "aiming" it? They definitely implied he was learning to control it at the end, but they could really take it in any direction. Maybe the Hulk doesn't like being controlled, and then we get the split personality disorder.

:D

Sure why not? In the comics Banner/Hulk have had a few different personalities over the years...

I was thinking the exact same thing during that scene. Honestly, my biggest complaint about the movie is Liv Tyler. She's hideous and I can't believe just because of what daddy does her down syndrome mug gets to be on film because lord knows she can't act. Also, the fight at the end seemed weak. There was all this buildup throughout the movie and the fight didn't even last all that long. Meanwhile General Dumbass and his tard Daughter sit there in the helicopter for 20 freakin minutes instead of at least attempting to run away. Also... I felt that "HULK SMASH!" was wasted.

Other than that, I thought it was a fun movie. Better plot than the first one, but the CG doesn't look *that* much better. In fact, I noticed it clashing a lot more than when I watched the first.

Edited by Max Jenius