While I'm not a fan of Macross 7......(Macross F)

In all honesty, with Sheryl enrolling in flight school - you know it will happen: the ultimate Fire Bomber homage :)

But of course I'm sure they'll give it some fresh twist!

What, like she'll actually use the flight instruments and control sticks??!!! :blink:

For all we know, Leon has already assigned someone to research just how much chiba units of "song energy" ranka has, as it might come in handy for a showdown with the vajra. :p

actually with this one, i'm already happy enough with the subtle mac7 references. i don't want too much of it.

in fact, i may be sensing a pattern. in Mac7, it had subtle references to one series (Macross plus with the sharon apple songs in car radios), and a full-blown nod to DYRL/SDFM (in several instances!). This time, so far, we have subtle references to mac7 (songs in car radios), and a full-blown nod to Macross zero.

No no no no...

Sheryl's Valkyrie will have a special "Panty Attack"

In Battloid mode, it shoot Zendradi Panties (with "From Sheryl with Love" written on them) at the Vajra, who will suddenly beging to marvel at the wonders of modern fashion, give up fighting and go shopping with Klan Klan :)

VFTF1

No no no no...

Sheryl's Valkyrie will have a special "Panty Attack"

In Battloid mode, it shoot Zendradi Panties (with "From Sheryl with Love" written on them) at the Vajra, who will suddenly beging to marvel at the wonders of modern fashion, give up fighting and go shopping with Klan Klan :)

VFTF1

It's not the Vajra per-se who go shopping with Klan, but their inner beauty men.

What, like she'll actually use the flight instruments and control sticks??!!! :blink:

Actually.....Sheryl is gonna use her whip/microphone as the control mechanism for her own VF-25 "Sheryl Special." :ph34r:

Anyways as someone pointed out.... Macrosss 7 had subtle refernces to Mac Plus and full blown references to SDFM DYRL, and in MF we have subtle refernces to Macross 7 and full blown reference to Mac ZERO. So it made me wonder maybe the Legend of Zero and the Destroids are not just the only MZ references in MF, maybe there will be more like amybe........ Ivanov vs. Fokker dogfights??? :ph34r:

You know what will really happen is that without the leather and boobs, no body - not even the Vajra beauty men - is gonna want to listen to Sheryl's sub-par renditions of her songs.

Ranka is the one true sing-from-the-heart artist - and it will be her songs that triumph:)

VFTF1

You know what will really happen is that without the leather and boobs, no body - not even the Vajra beauty men - is gonna want to listen to Sheryl's sub-par renditions of her songs.

Ranka is the one true sing-from-the-heart artist - and it will be her songs that triumph:)

VFTF1

hey, it's the real VFTF1. welcome back! :D

VFTF1

I've a feeling the real one the Vajra beauty men would like to watch perform would be Chou-Jiku Hime-sama Alto, for he is the beauty man to end all beauty men!

That Macross 7 picture is interesting for many reasons - the greatest amongst them being that Gamlin dresses up as Doctor Who for his wedding! Nice to see he developed a sense of humor :)

VFTF1

From the looks on their faces, it seems that it may have been Milia's idea.

"Don't confuse oil and water, that got me the first time!"

haha. :) yes, but with mylene having lived with humans since birth, she's having difficulty trying to figure out the possible sexual connotation of her mother's statement. :D

Edited by dreamweaver13

• 2 weeks later...

I always took the wedding pictures as dream sequences.

a2c9c52250fc0c90ce035071581b65b2.jpg

Either both are Mylene's dream sequence or the other one being Gamlin's dream sequence.

Well given it has dead persons and the Protodevlin, Gamlin has been known to have quirky dreams.

GAMLIN KICK! (Note: May be too flashy, keep a well lighted room and stay away from the monitor)

Soooo who did Mylene end up with? Did she get married to Basara or Gamilin, or did she stay single? :huh:

In the Frontier manga when Luca sees Sheryl he said that Sheryl is considered the most beautiful voice in the galaxy next to Mylene Jenius.

Now she could have stayed single or she kept her maiden name for recognisibility.

Guess who now lives in Frontier...

flowergirl.jpg

Take this as a grain of salt but Sheryl's "Atashi no Uta wa Kike!" is the girl version of Basara's "Ore no Uta wa Kike!" , which Ranka also used recently, I think ever persistent and never say die flower girl may have had an influence on young Sheryl.

GAMLIN KICK! (Note: May be too flashy, keep a well lighted room and stay away from the monitor)

CONGRATULATIONS! That may be the most annoying gif EVER! I LOVE IT!!

damn that girl, even in her dream sequences, she's utterly confused.

if the macross universe allowed polygamy, she'd jump at the chance. :p

Give the girl a break...did YOU know who you wanted to marry when you were 14...?

I say she ended up with neither.

Give the girl a break...did YOU know who you wanted to marry when you were 14...?

I say she ended up with neither.

good point. but the funny thing is that i always imagined that mylene was still dreaming these dreams until she was 30. (which means she hasn't really decided even then). :D

Basara was 21. Gamlin was 17.

It's not SO bad...she did, after all, turn 15 before the series was over...

Ok, so that may explain Basara's attitude toward Mylene, I mean I never really got the feeling that he was interested

in her romantically. As for Gamlin (if he had a brain in his head), should go after the bridge bunnies after all his

commander dated both of them at the same time!! ^_^