sv-51

arrow

I just received Nora yesterday. That bird is a beauty. I was unable to put on the missiles. I decided to wait and ask you guys. I was forcing it and felt like I'm going to break something. Anyone can give me tips on putting on the missiles? Couldn't find anything on You Tube. Also, I couldn't figure out how to insert the adapter for fighter mode to go on the stand.

Edited by sharpnel

I just received Nora yesterday. That bird is a beauty. I was unable to put on the missiles. I decided to wait and ask you guys. I was forcing it and felt like I'm going to break something. Anyone can give me tips on putting on the missiles? Couldn't find anything on You Tube. Also, I couldn't figure out how to insert the adapter for fighter mode to go on the stand.

I found they go on best if you angle them so that the "nose" of the missile is pointing down, the rear clip locked into the hole, then push up and lock the front in as opposed to just trying to press the missile straight into the locking hole.

which sv-51 is the best to get? the one with the no problems.

I like the ivanov color the best, but i'll just get the one with the best quality control&improvements.

was the manufacturing order- ivanov, nora then the tan?

My SV-51 military production is realy good no problems with it

I found they go on best if you angle them so that the "nose" of the missile is pointing down, the rear clip locked into the hole, then push up and lock the front in as opposed to just trying to press the missile straight into the locking hole.

Ok, I will give it a try tonight. Do I need to tranformer Nora to almost gerwalk mode to insert the adapter for fighter mode to go on the stand. The instruction does not tell you how to put it on.

I may of missed it, but I'll look it over tonight. Thanks.

Congrats on getting Nora... love the color and wicked in fighter mode and gerwalk mode.

Re the adapter... you can actually use either the one for fighter (w/ 4 inserts) or the one for gerwalk (w/ 2). of course the one for fighter is more secure but the one for gerwalk is secure enough and easier to put on. to put it inside Nora :rolleyes: ... you just need to spread her legs and thighs to be able to put it in :D. (for the thighs, you just need to angle them outward until it disconnects from the main body a little and then slide in the adapter.)

just nitpicking :rolleyes: ... i think the boosters are on the wrong side (left, right). the crosses should be showing on the outside. well, i put mine the other way around. :rolleyes:

it's one hell of a BIG bird ain't it.

You're right. I didn't noticed the crosses. The VF-0S has no chance against Nora.

Hey guys. Just bought my sv-51 nora at Volks in Akihabara an hour ago. Its still in the box. I think Ill just leave it be for a while. Hehe. There were Ivanov types available and I think they were the version 2s but didnt want to take a chance with them as there are still reports of version 2 ivanovs being defective.

I just bought my Ivanov a couple of hours ago too. So massive even when compared to my 1/48 VF-1S!

I struggled between Nora and Ivanov too. From the design point of view, I like Nora much better with the color and more importantly, the golden feathers. I basically decided to buy the Nora.

But then I came by a discussion forum, and saw some pictures of the Ivanov. So sinister! In fighter stand-by mode (vertically placed on the display stand), it looks like a coffin; and my favorite is the gerwalk mode, that it looks like a giant crow. Imagine this crow threatening the 1/60 VF-1S! ^_^

Never like the battroid mode in either color though. But for certain, the Ivanov is more evil.

It was a difficult choice to buy Ivanov, Nora or buy both. I have already run out of spaces!

You're right. I didn't noticed the crosses. The VF-0S has no chance against Nora.

I would have liked to have seen Roy go after Nora if it weren't priority to get Shin back to the Asuka,

i reckon that would have been a grand fight. I still think DD was a better pilot overall, Nora was somewhat careless and deffinently reckless.

Roy pretty much never got touched after all the effort Ivanov put into their battles, I've yet to see Roy angry, that would be a scary thought.

We all know what Hikaru turned into at the end of DYRL? Determined and badass. Roy would even give Max a hiding if Max was is happy self.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Finally, I bought my Nora version too. Looks great and soild.

But somehow I still like my Ivanov better, still it "completes the picture" with both. Just like buying Max 1J without Miria 1J. Nay.

With the boxes stacked up the ceiling, I start to worry for the upcoming 1/60 models.

• 2 weeks later...

I have Ivanov's, never transformed it one time. I love the SV-51, it's my favorite fighter in macross, but Battroid and Gerwalk are just nasty looking. Almost as nasty as Nora's paint scheme. I'll take a problematic Ivanov over a fixed Nora. But like I said, if you never plan on transforming it...

I have Ivanov's, never transformed it one time. I love the SV-51, it's my favorite fighter in macross, but Battroid and Gerwalk are just nasty looking. Almost as nasty as Nora's paint scheme. I'll take a problematic Ivanov over a fixed Nora. But like I said, if you never plan on transforming it...

wait.. nasty as in nasty good or nasty bad?? I've always liked the SV-51 battroid and gerwalk modes, gerwalk especially... I was sold once Ivanov used that telescopic head thingy in gerwalk O_O

Guys, is there any way to differentiate between SV-51 Ivanov ver.1 or ver. 2 (ie. no mentioned quality problem)?

I searched the answer to that question before buying my first valk. And the answer is .... no, theres no sign or label to diffrentiate versions. Best thing to do is to ask the shop owner or attendants if it is the version2 or not B))

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered my SV-51 Gamma "Ivanov" last week from HLJ as an early birthday gift to myself (have been considering it for months now), and it's on it's way. Hopefully it arrives here before the weekend.

What I wanted to know is, can it be posed in launch configuartion WITH boosters and fuel tanks? I have seen photo's on the Yamato website showing it in launch position, but that was a clean model with no ordnance. I'd also like to build a Fuel-air strike bomb like the one from ep. 4, any ideas what parts would be best? It looks like the standard SV-51 fuel tank with braking flaps (like the real world snake-eye, image below) at the rear.

mk-82-snake-eye.jpg

I ordered my SV-51 Gamma "Ivanov" last week from HLJ as an early birthday gift to myself (have been considering it for months now), and it's on it's way. Hopefully it arrives here before the weekend.

What I wanted to know is, can it be posed in launch configuartion WITH boosters and fuel tanks?

yep.

What I wanted to know is, can it be posed in launch configuartion WITH boosters and fuel tanks? I have seen photo's on the Yamato website showing it in launch position, but that was a clean model with no ordnance. I'd also like to build a Fuel-air strike bomb like the one from ep. 4, any ideas what parts would be best? It looks like the standard SV-51 fuel tank with braking flaps (like the real world snake-eye, image below) at the rear.

mk-82-snake-eye.jpg

the FEAB's the SV-51 used were fairly massive weapons. they were something like twice the length and twice the width of the 51's standard fuel tanks. (in fact I think it's about the same size as the fold booster for the YF-19/YF-21)

a more accurate description would be like the micro missile pods with the tips replaced with a set of massive braking flaps, but twice as long and twice as wide.

if you wanted to build one, I would think you'd want to start with something much bigger than the SV-51's drop tanks (some 1/48th USG 600 gallon fuel tanks maybe?)

Anyone own the mass production type? Seems like not many people talk abt this CF.

Shud hv better QC quality than previous?

I will be getting it next year for sure. I do notice that nobody seems to have much love for it, probably due to the drab colors; but it actually doesn't look that bad now that I've looked at it for a few months...

I imagine it has no QC issues. My first wave Ivanov had a couple of QC issues (wing pin did not want to close fully and missiles were reeeeaaally a pain in the butt to attach to wings), but my new Ivanov has no such problems, while my Nora is tight and perfect as well.

Pete

I will be getting it next year for sure. I do notice that nobody seems to have much love for it, probably due to the drab colors; but it actually doesn't look that bad now that I've looked at it for a few months...

I don't mind the colors-I'm quite fond of the staid look of it, and am probably going too pick up one myself over the Nora or Ivanov. (not to say one or both may join it eventually..)

If anyone wants a Yamato 1/60th SV-51, go to HLJ now! They have them on sale "Inventory Clearance". For just 13.080 yen (€ 105 euro's or $ 147 USD) you can get a Ivanov or a mass production variant. Damn... Wish I had waited a few weeks before ordering mine... :wacko::angry: