Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

Judging by that pic, I suppose this can be considered as the successor of CvS2.

If the game engine is as solid or even better than CvS2, then this will wonder into my collection.

Man I think I have to start saving up for next gen console...

What format? If it comes out on PS3 (which i am thinking of getting) i'd certainly grab it.

Plus for Soul Calibur... can't beat the PS control pads for mine.

Well PS3 would be an awesome choice since it's easier to play japanaese imports (no region protection). That and the fact that I do have a PS3.

post-22-1211363911_thumb.jpg

Trying to think of what notable Tatsunoko properties would be good for a fighting game aside from Gatchaman...

I'm guessing Macross won't make an appearance.

Mach Go Go, Casshern, Tekkaman, Samurai Pizza Cats, the SoulTaker, etc.

And why not Macross? Yeah, no Valkyries, but Roy Focker would be my first choice for a Tatsunoko character to hit a Street Fighter.

heres a list of animes i took from wikipedia of tatsunoko production:

1960s

* Space Ace (Uchuu Ace) (1965)

* Mach Go Go (Speed Racer) (original) (1967)

* Guzula (Oraa Guzula Dado) (original) (1967)

* Dokachin the Primitive Boy (or simply, "Dokachin") (1968)

* Judo Boy (Kurenai Sanshiro) (1969)

* The Genie Family (Hakushon Daimaoh) (1969)

1970s

* The Adventures of Hutch the Honeybee (Mitsubachi Monogatari Minashigo Hacchi) (1970)

* The Funny Judo Champion (Inakappe Taisho) (1970)

* Hippo and Thomas (Kabatotto) (1971)

* Animentari Ketsudan(1971)

* Saban's Adventures of Pinocchio (1972)

* Kagaku Ninja Tai Gatchaman (G-Force, Battle of the Planets) (1972)

* Tamagon the Counselor (Kaiketsu Tamagon) (1972)

* Demetan Croaker, The Boy Frog (Kerokko Demetan, U.S.: The Brave Frog) (1973)

* Shinzo Ningen Casshan (or simply, "Casshan") (1973)

* Shin Minashigo Hutch (New Honeybee Hutch) (1974)

* Hariken (or "Hurricane") Polymer (or "Polymar") (1974)

* The Song of Tentomushi [Ladybug] [1] (Tentomushi no Uta) (1974-1976)

* Time Bokan (1975)

* Uchuu no Kishi Tekkaman (Tekkaman: The Space Knight) (1975)

* Goliath the Super Fighter (Gowapper 5 Godam) (1976)

* Paul's Miraclous Adventures (Poru no Mirakuru Daisakusen) (1976-1977)

* Yatterman (or Yattaman) (1977)

* Temple the Balloonist (Fuusen Shoujo Tenpuru-chan, a.k.a. Sabrina's Journey) (1977-1978)

* Ippatsu Kanta-kun ("Home Run" Kanta-kun) (1977-1978)

* Tobidase! Machine Hiryuu (1977 - with Toei Doga)

* Kagaku Ninja Tai Gatchaman II (Eagle Riders) (1978)

* Zenderman (or "Zendaman") (1979)

* Gordian the Warrior (Toushi Gordian) (1979)

* Kagaku Ninja Tai Gatchaman F (1979)

* Daddy-Long-Legs (Ashinaga Ojisan) (1979 - TV special)

1980s

* The Littl' Bits (Mori no Yoki na Kobitotachi: Berufi to Rirubitto) (1980)

* Rescueman (Time Patrol Tai Otasukeman) (1980)

* Muteking, The Dashing Warrior (Tondemo Senshi Mutekingu) (1980-1981)

* Firebird (Yattodetaman) (1981)

* Gold Lightan, The Gold Warrior (Ougon Senshi Gold Lightan) (1981)

* Superbook Series One (Anime Oyako Gekijo) (1981-1982)

* Dashu Kappei (Dash! Kappei, a.k.a. Gigi la Trottola, Chicho Terremoto) (1981-1982)

* Gyakuten! Ippatsuman (1982)

* The Super Dimension Fortress Macross (1982) (Producer credit only, show created by Studio Nue)

* The Flying House (Taimu Kyoshitsu: Tondera Haosu no Daiboken) (1982-1983)

* Mirai Keisatsu Urashiman (Future Cop Urashiman) (1983)

* Itadakiman (1983)

* Genesis Climber Mospeada (1983)

* Superbook Series Two (Pasokon Toraberu Tanteidan) (1983)

* Time Bokan: Oudou Fukko (1983)

* Okawari Boy Starzan S (1984)

* Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross (1984)

* The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love? (1984) (Production credit only, created by Studio Nue)

* Yoroshiku Mekadokku (What's Up Mechadoc?, a.k.a. A Tutto Gas) (1984-1985)

* Honou no Alpine Rose (a.k.a. Judy and Randy) (1985)

* Shouwa Aho Soushi: Akanuke Ichiban (1985)

* Robotech [An adaptation of Macross, Southern Cross, and Mospeada] (1985)

* Hikari no Densetsu (Legend of Light, Tale of Hikari, a.k.a. Hilary, Cynthia ou le rythme de la vie, Piruetas) (1986)

* Doteraman (1986)

* Outlanders (animated by AIC on Tatsunoko's behalf; is not listed on Tatsunoko's website) (1986)

* Akai Kodan Zillion (1987)

* Guzula (color remake) (1987)

* Shurato (Tenkū Senki Shurato) (1989)

* Konchuu Monogatari: Minashigo Hutch (new series) (1989)

1990s

* Samurai Pizza Cats (Kyatto Ninden Teyande) (1990)

* Robin Hood no Daibōken (1990)

* Tenkuu Senki Shurato: Sousei e no Antou (1991)

* Uchu no Kishi Tekkaman Blade (Space Knight Tekkaman Blade; Teknoman in the U.S.) (1992)

* Casshan: Robot Hunter (1993)

* Video Girl Ai (1993; produced by IG Tatsunoko)

* Time Bokan: Oudou Fukko (Episode 2) (1994)

* Shirayuki-hime no Densetsu ("The Legend of Princess Snow White") (1994)

* Tekkaman Blade II (1994)

* Gatchaman 94 OVA (1994)

* Dokkan! Robotendon (1995)

* Neon Genesis Evangelion (1995, animation production)

* Cinderella Monogatari (1996)

* New Hurricane Polymer (1996)

* Mach Go Go (Speed Racer X) (1997)

* Generator Gawl (1998)

* Seikimatsu Densetsu: Wonderful Tatsunoko Land (1999)

2000s

* Time Bokan 2000: Kaitou Kiramekiman (2000)

* The SoulTaker (2001)

* Yobarete Tobedete! Akubi-chan (2001; spinoff of Hakushon Daimao)

* Nurse Witch Komugi (co-production with Kyoto Animation) (2002)

* Karas (2005) - Tatsunoko's 40th Anniversary work

Edited by Hikaru's VF-1S

And why not Macross? Yeah, no Valkyries, but Roy Focker would be my first choice for a Tatsunoko character to hit a Street Fighter.

Roy would kick ass. He'd be able to do 2 things:

* Go into Drunken Fighter Mode

* His Super Special would be an airstrike with a VF-1S :lol:

Also, what about teammates?

Could you imagine a Millia & Max team? What kind of team special would they have? :lol:

Or better yet, a Hikaru & Kakizaki duo. Except Hikaru gets more powerful when Kakizaki gets knocked out B))

Depends on what kind of "hit" you're talking about, although I can see Roy putting the moves on Chun Li.

Well PS3 would be an awesome choice since it's easier to play japanaese imports (no region protection). That and the fact that I do have a PS3.

No region protection? um If i'm in Australia, that means i'm PAL, but youz are different right? I'm not sure.

I really do hope your correct on this, make my purchase all the more sweeter lol.

Specially if we get Macross Frontier for the PS3. I also heard you can buy different hardrive space.. i think it was 80 Gig

there is backwards compatibility for the PS2 not like in the lower sized PS3 modules?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

No region protection? um If i'm in Australia, that means i'm PAL, but youz are different right? I'm not sure.

I really do hope your correct on this, make my purchase all the more sweeter lol.

I haven't heard anything about TV region issues. I wouldn't be surprised if the different refresh rate caused some issues, but the PS3 has no region-coding on games.

Specially if we get Macross Frontier for the PS3. I also heard you can buy different hardrive space.. i think it was 80 Gig

PS3 uses standard hard drives. You can fit a terrabyte in there if you're so inclined.

Pretty sure a PAL PS3 won't support a NTSC/Region A game...my US PS3 won't play a region free PAL DVD...even when hooked up via HDMI(my other reg DVD player does).

Other than the Karas or Gatchaman characters.. the rest of the possible cast from Tatsunoko is underwhelming...

just give us Capcom vs Sammy vs SNK already.:

Morrigan vs Dizzy vs Mai Shiranui my dream match lol

or Ken vs Sol vs Terry Bogard

Edited by dejr8bud

do we know for sure if it's a fighter? After All Namco Vs Capcom was a strategy RPG.

And I wonder, if it does indeed have Macross, Southern Cross and MOSPEADA characters (or any of the three) if it will be changed to Robotech characters for the the English release... infact they might not be able to have Macross characters in the Japanese version, but include them a english language exclusvie characters under the Robotech brand... that would be interesting.

PS3 uses standard hard drives. You can fit a terrabyte in there if you're so inclined.

Standard notebook hard drives. I don't think anyone's made a 2.5" TB drive yet. I think Samsung was bragging about a 750GB one that they're not even selling yet. Newegg's only got up to 320GB.

do we know for sure if it's a fighter? After All Namco Vs Capcom was a strategy RPG.

And I wonder, if it does indeed have Macross, Southern Cross and MOSPEADA characters (or any of the three) if it will be changed to Robotech characters for the the English release... infact they might not be able to have Macross characters in the Japanese version, but include them a english language exclusvie characters under the Robotech brand... that would be interesting.

Its a fighter

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0805/game080522a.shtml

post-121-1211505904_thumb.jpg

post-121-1211506037_thumb.jpg

Edited by dejr8bud

Standard notebook hard drives. I don't think anyone's made a 2.5" TB drive yet. I think Samsung was bragging about a 750GB one that they're not even selling yet. Newegg's only got up to 320GB.

Oh.

Then... you could do it with some extension cords? :p

I wonder though: could capcom please use the cool megaman in Megaman X instead. The original megaman is a result of the limitations of the NES and is ugly.

Original Megaman looks like he does because that's how Capcom wanted him to look. Even in the japanese art(and art at the time VERY RARELY matched the game).

I could point to a slew of NES characters that aren't chunky and SD.

And X looks almost identical without armor. The forehead has a large red crystal instead of a blue rivet. HUGE difference.

WITH armor... I think most X designs are somewhat overdone. The X1 armor is the only one I really like.

Pretty sure a PAL PS3 won't support a NTSC/Region A game...my US PS3 won't play a region free PAL DVD...even when hooked up via HDMI(my other reg DVD player does).

Actually, PS3s can switch resolutions depending on the game. I made the mistake of ordering DMC4 PAL version for my NTSC-J PS3, when I loaded it up, it palyed the game in PAL resolution. Same thing happened with a friends PAL PS3, where he booted up NBA 2k8 and it loaded in NTSC.

That is if it will even get ported stateside. I've a feeling this one is staying in Japan.

Also, more screenshots.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1215298_1124.html

Edited by d3v

So if i get a PAL aussie PS3 i could actually play a Jap release game? I ant that to be the case but i'm a little confused.

Thanks for the link with pics!

Ryu with the Super Haduken is jaw-droppingly awesome.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie