RON5864 Macross Repair Bay Custom Diorama Set!

miriya

I am just surprised to the simplicity of the items used on the hangars. The way the "greeblies" are tactically placed on such a small space is breath taking. Ron, congrats on such well thought-out built...

That's phenomenal work RON5864!! You should really think about a way of mass producing this item; with mods of course out of respect for miriya's custom. But again, that is really beautiful work, and congrats miriya you lucky so & so :rolleyes: . Hurry & take many more pics for us to drool over.

That's phenomenal work RON5864!! You should really think about a way of mass producing this item; with mods of course out of respect for miriya's custom. But again, that is really beautiful work, and congrats miriya you lucky so & so :rolleyes: . Hurry & take many more pics for us to drool over.

Thanks. I am actually going to build a similar set for Macrossman in a few weeks. It will take 5-6 weeks to finish. This will be a partially assembled set, so that it can be shipped in a smaller package. Then Macrossman will have to put it together to finish the set. But I am sure I will get it done way before MacrossCon 2008 starts. :lol:

I was just thinking earlier today how great it would be if more fans could have one of these beauties. I am not sure if RON5864 would want to but I suppose that if there was enough interest it may be possible for him to do a medium sized batch of these all at once in sections like he is doing for macross man as sort of prefab kits that only require some glueing.

Also I do not mind if RON5864 makes one just like mine for someone else. I would be honored. But being hand built no two are the same.

Thanks for the congrats everyone.

I will take loads of pics when this beauty arrives to me at the end of the week. So hopefully by Saturday or Sunday. Latest would be a week from tomorrow probably.

There's a guy in the model kits folder that is selling this kind of gear. To save everyone PMing Ron requesting dioramas, it might be worth checking out the resin sets. I'm pretty sure they're still available.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=25359

Yes, this is a great kit. I have one which I am very slowly working on. However I had contacted Ron5864 to make one in the exact size that I wanted for a specific need. Also I really liked Ron5864's style. Additionally having him paint it all up for me (a noob) is great. I have had the kit above for a while now and have not had much time to work on it. I will have Ron's built diorama before I even apply the first primer coat on my other kit. The kit above really works best with 1/72 or even 1/60 valks. Standing a battroid in it looks a little bit strange since it is taller than the doorway. But yes that kit is really cool and I totally recommend it to anyone who is interested. And thanks for posting it here.

The Diorama arrived to me last night. It was driven up to me in N. Cali from S. Cali by a friend and it arrived unscathed. It is absolutely fantastic. I am still setting it up with the figures and still need to get lights to illuminate it. But I will post pics of all the glorious splendor as soon as I can. I am such a lucky motherjumper. Thanks RON5864!

Pics coming within a few days.

The Diorama arrived to me last night. It was driven up to me in N. Cali from S. Cali by a friend and it arrived unscathed. It is absolutely fantastic. I am still setting it up with the figures and still need to get lights to illuminate it. But I will post pics of all the glorious splendor as soon as I can. I am such a lucky motherjumper. Thanks RON5864!

Pics coming within a few days.

AWESOME!!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM BROTHER!!!

:ph34r:

Thanks, I never did post that video link anywhere in this forum. That was my first animation video with a couple of my old sets.

Here is the video link to the second one I did with Max and Miria before they fight their way into the SDF-1.

I might do a third video when I get some time in. Maybe a Macross Frontier animation with Alto's VF-25 and Klan Klan's Pixie squadron training in the asteroid belt.

So many projects, so little time.... ^_^

Alright ladies and gentlemen...

The set has arrived to me safe and sound. I have put it on my new shelf. Set up my valks in it with the support crew. And added some lights. Here are some pics....

post-4840-1210532106_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1210532132_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1210532171_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1210532199_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1210532224_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1210532244_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1210532274_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1210532301_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1210532341_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1210532389_thumb.jpg

WOW! :o :o :o

This NEEDS to go in the customs section of the main site!

Great work on the lighting!

I am so fart!ng jealous!

Cool. How do we get it into the main site? The lights I picked up from Home Despot. Battery powered LEDs with sticky tape ends.

Thank you!

"When its time for making business then its business time" I love the conchords!

OH MY JEBUS!!! I FINALLY got around to checking these out now...and... :mellow: ...THAT IS AWESOME!!! Great set up brother. MORE PICS!!!

:ph34r:

Wow Miriya! :blink: That is better than I had ever expected. It really looks like something Yamato would have set up in their corporate museum or for their major toy conventions. You really did a fanastic job on the setup. The way the lighting is gives it a realism look to the set. It is awesome that the support crew fits so naturally well in this setting.

It's cool that you gave Miriya's VF-1J a mixed combination of armor and super pack. I haven't seen that before.

I believe that same gantry can fit a 1/60 red Yamato Q-rau. That's assuming Klan Klan wants to drop by for repairs. ^_^

Glad you are happy with it.

I got a couple of orders so far. I will probably make each diorama a little different to give each one a unique appearance.

Um, I-I-I, ummm...WOW!!! This is exactly what I envensioned! The LED's give it that warehouse lighting look and just brings the factory to life! I soooo saw this in my mind with your ground crew set (Valley Girl Style..again!) Man this is just awesome! I can't wait to see what Ron will concoct next! You're a lucky dog!!!

:blink:

OO

The diorama (and videos) look awesome! I'm LED'ing myself now too. Gotta love all the soldering! AWESOME pictures AND work! Thanks for sharing! - MT