Mostly the Mospeada

EXO

I usually just lurk, figured I'd throw up a couple pics. The more the merrier right?

fifbeat, I don't think the head can fit in armor mode, because the hair is fairly long, at least a head length, in the back.

The tires are kinda shiny, I guess you could possibly paint over with a flat clear enamel or something.

I do believe the chin guard wasn't bothered with for that reason, the visor closes where it should, unlike Rey and Stick's.

I just went for the standard pose

Blowsuperior1.jpg

In this mode, I took Yellow's shoulder pads off, so the ride armor shoulder piece would sit down a little further. I also drilled new holes in the rider forearm armor, so in armor mode the front wheel armor would be further up on the arm. I also cut 2 square notches in the bottom of the chest armor, so they would sit a little further down, looks a little more line art accurate IMO.

Here's a pic where I cut.

blowsuperior2.jpg

Now I just need to get a Beagle and a MH Houqet and I'll be set.

blowsuperior3.jpg

blowsuperior3.jpg

Cool Ride Armor collection! I like the one on the left with the bike and rider flying through the air like in the show. ^_^

:ph34r:

Cool Ride Armor collection! I like the one on the left with the bike and rider flying through the air like in the show. ^_^

I should probably buy some clear type of stand, that would have a better effect, I guess. Thats the 1st pose I knew I wanted when I got these suckers.

I should probably buy some clear type of stand, that would have a better effect

Yes it would look cool...but it is cool nonetheless.

Spedfish, that is a great modification.

Thanks, I'm a lineart freak(kinda), it had to be done. I'm surprised MH didn't do something similar, the Chest missile bays are so high, you almost lose sight of the head :lol: That reminds me, the head on mine is pushed on enough to stay but is not pressed all the way down, to help look a little more accurate.

Now I just need to get a Beagle and a MH Houqet and I'll be set.

blowsuperior3.jpg

I am out of the loop in regards to the Ride Armor but I know there was some that were supposed to come out soon.

What company makes the two small ones in front? What scale are they? They look a little "cheap". Is that so? Is there something cool about them I am missing that makes them a must have?

Is the Ride Armor in the back row behind the red bike on the right the CM 1/18?

Is the Ride Armor in the back row behind the red bike on the left the Megahouse 1/15?

You had mentioned in a previous post that the one on the far right in blue needed some work to get it to look like that. Is that a Megahouse? Is it a 1/15 scale? Are they still available? Where do I get one or three? I'm diggin the blade on the right arm in a big way. To me that looks like the best one (mostly because of the blade). I think my pants just moved a little. :rolleyes:

From day 1 (when RT 3rd gen started playing on TV), what was that 25 years ago, my favorite Mecha was always the Ride Armor (with the VF-1S a close second). It’s obvious you have a wealth of knowledge about the Ride Armors. I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction so I can get my old school Gakken (MIB no less) some friends to play with.

Are there any other ones out there, or that will be available soon that are suposed to be incredible?

Thanks for your help!

Edited by sqidd

Some thoughts regarding Megahouse Blowsperior:

- i can roll the bike!! wheels turn ok in armored cycle mode... weeeeee~~~ (unlike the Stick/Rey Mospeadas, wheels were stuck). ^_^

- chest armors too high, and forearm armors are too far forward. Like what spedfish said, might want to consider some mod to look nicer.

- To use the aiming scope, the right side chest hatch must open (scope attaches to a slot between the top two chest missiles). there's a tree of chest missiles parts (for launching missiles posing option), but i can't use the aiming scope if i use these optional missiles.

- the "locking" mechanism for holding the wheels up in ride armor mode is not very well designed. the wheels drop at the slightest touch (same problem as Stick/Rey's)

- figure joints are not as tight as Stick/Rey's.

- when using helmet-less head, i can't move Yellow's head at all coz of his long hair (yes, without the armor on. can't use helmet-less head when armored)

- visor slips open too easily (similar to Stick/Rey's)

- overall... i love it ^_^ (maybe i'm biased :lol: this is my fav design of all ride armors)

Edited by Shun

Well, the 'two small ones' that look 'cheap' are the CM's 1/18 scale, and they look that way because because of their toy-ishly bright anime colors under bright lights. They could look a look nicer if you have the time to grunge them up. See an old pic of mine:

16.jpg

I do believe that for pure armor-mode playing, you'd be better off with the Megahouse version. The slightly larger 1/15 scale makes it a more forgiving toy compared to the fragile-feeling CM's. But... I still prefer the latter because of their all-around better proportions in both modes. And also because the CM's version of Ley/Ray's bike is the only version out there today with an accurately incorporated beam-gun forearm armor. :-)

Still looking forward to CM's release of the Blowsuperior, even though the lack of chest missile really blows.

Well, the 'two small ones' that look 'cheap' are the CM's 1/18 scale, and they look that way because because of their toy-ishly bright anime colors under bright lights. They could look a look nicer if you have the time to grunge them up. See an old pic of mine:

Yours look outstanding. I just don't have those skillz. :( I would also like to have a bigger toy.

I do believe that for pure armor-mode playing, you'd be better off with the Megahouse version.

I will be putting whatever I get right into armor mode and leaving it that way. In that case you suggest getting the Megahouse right?

I'm pretty sure the blue one with the blades on the far right is a Megahouse 1/15 right?

I'm also pretty sure that the green Ride Armor behind the red bike and off to the right is a 1/15 Megahouse too, correct?

So what brand is the Ride Armor that is behind the red bike and off to the left a little? It doesn't look like a Megahouse to me and may even be bigger than the 1/15 MH too boot. To me it looks like the best one as far as fit and finish too. And I like the size. It also seems to be the only big one that doesn't need a stand. Is this the Beagle Ride Armor?

thanks!

Edited by sqidd

If you need pictures of the beagle here is one to give you an idea of what it looks like and its 1/10 scale.

I can't tell, maybe you can. Is the Ride Armor behind the red bike and to the left a 1/10 Beagle?

I dont think the Beagles are out yet...I wasnt sure what that was at first but I think its a model right? You are right about the two on the right being Megahouse...same with the one in bike mode on the right. If you can you might want to talk to Kevin and see if he has anymore Megahouse Lancers left. He should be getting them within 10 days.

I can't tell, maybe you can. Is the Ride Armor behind the red bike and to the left a 1/10 Beagle?

The two most central Ride Armors in that picture look like models (the red one and the one just to it's rear left). I've had a change of heart when it comes to these Ride Armors now that I've had something other than a windscreen break on my CMs I just don't trust the CMs Ride Armors at all. Yeah, they have much better proportions and a very intelligent design (had it been done on a larger scale) but they're just not good toys. So I'll be updating my sit to reflect my change of heart. Honestly though, I would advise everyone to avoid the Stig and Ley from both manufacturers and hope that some day they do reissues with some fixes. MH ought to design a better connection of the armor to the rider figure and CMs ought to develop sturdier connections that actually work (ie no parts popping away from each other in bike mode).

Edited by jenius

The two most central Ride Armors in that picture look like models (the red one and the one just to it's rear left). I've had a change of heart when it comes to these Ride Armors now that I've had something other than a windscreen break on my CMs I just don't trust the CMs Ride Armors at all. Yeah, they have much better proportions and a very intelligent design (had it been done on a larger scale) but they're just not good toys. So I'll be updating my sit to reflect my change of heart. Honestly though, I would advise everyone to avoid the Stig and Ley from both manufacturers and hope that some day they do reissues with some fixes. MH ought to design a better connection of the armor to the rider figure and CMs ought to develop sturdier connections that actually work (ie no parts popping away from each other in bike mode).

SuperHobo

nukatsuka

jenius

Thanks for your input.

So as of right now the Megahouse is top dog huh? But it's by no means perfect from what I have been reading. Is it one of those situations where it's the best of the worst?

jenius

You mentioned wating on the Beagle before buying anything so it could be compared to the current crop right? Someone was nice enough to post some pics of a prototype but that certainly doesn't tell you what it's presence is going to be, quality, etc. The prototype looked pretty good to me though and I like that it's a 1/10th scale. The bigger the better. It would be sweet if it was as big or bigger than the Gakken one from 20 years ago. It also looked like it had the best rider/bike connection of all the RA's. Doesn't effect me much because I will always have it set up with the armor on, but it's nice to know the quality is there. Do you by any chance know anything about a release date?

Do you think the Megahouse ones are worth the $75 or so to get it too your door?

I'm thinking I may pick up the blue one with the blades to tide me over till the Beagle's are released.

thanks

Jason

I don't think either the CMs or the Mega House are currently worth what they cost. Both toys will be pretty big let downs to anyone other than a Mospeada diehard. The Beagle looks to be a dramatic improvement over both but it's also going to run about three times the cost. At 1/10 scale it is slightly smaller than the 1/8 scale of the original large Gakken toy. There are still lots of questions about the Beagle though, it has proportionally small feet so it's unclear how well it will be able to stand on its own. It's also unclear if Beagle will make the other ride armors although they did show one pic of Ray's beam gun in a prototype so at the very least it seems we'll be getting Ray and Stig. Toynami is releasing them here in the states about six months after their Japanese releases repackaged in Masterpiece Collection packaging. Toynami has also stated four MPC Ride Armors will be available which hopefully means that Beagle will indeed make Yellow and Houquet's ride armors as well.

Drifand, if you want a broken Stig Ride Armor cheap to make a custom out of, let me know.

Edited by jenius

sqidd

the back left armor is an Imai 1/15 non-transforming model kit. The CMs are the 2 smaller ones up front, and the rest are the MegaHs. My fav. is definitely the MH Blowsuperior at least after some modifications. I am looking forward to the Beagle, it looks awesome as hell, the boots are on the small side tho. It looks great in bike mode!! If you're mostly concerned with the ride armor, I would go for MH for sure.

As far as prices go, I don't think any of them are worth quite the asking price, but being a Mospeada fan, you can't be too picky, not exactly the most popular series out there. Add in the fact, ride armors are my fav mecha of all time, it really has to suck, for me not to buy it.