Mostly the Mospeada

EXO

mospeada-1.jpg

Yeah, and part of the reason the rider looks good on the bike is because, unlike the other versions, there are no large legs to get in the way of things... and though I do like the realistic feel of the legs, one of the things that always turned me onto the ride armor were the bulky legs/boots.

And I didn't even notice the red on the legs til someone pointed it out. But if it is real cloth, looks like it was done for pose-ability reasons. As far tread on the tires, I don't think the anime had any...

I think MH struck gold in the looks department when it came to the transparent plastic on the chest parts.

I find it hard to believe that this thing will be $185 U.S. at this 1/10 scale... (of course, when this thing starts popping up on ebay, the price will rise to something like $260, plus those famous ebay shipping and handling fees).... so we're looking at around $340 or so easy.

What is up with this Beagle company anyways? I've never heard of them. What other toys have they worked on? Are they of this quality? Are they planning to do the other 3 bikes? Mecha?

Edited by fifbeat

Very Smart marketing. I bet that rumor was started by the marketing department. something like this.

"So how much do we sell it for"

"$100-$200."

"You think they'll sell for that"

"We'll tell them now it's going to cost $600 then after the panic has worn off we will assure them it will only be $200. They'll all feel relieved and end up buying two each."

"Wha,ha,ha,ha,ha"

"Then after that we take over the world!"

Well even at $200 I'm going to have to leave this one behind. I guess I have to be happy with my MH Family.

What is up with this Beagle company anyways? I've never heard of them. What other toys have they worked on? Are they of this quality? Are they planning to do the other 3 bikes? Mecha?

When the pre-order goes up on HLJ.com place an order and you wont get ripped.

Beagle haven't done any transforming mecha before, mostly they do (really nice looking) figures, only a few of which have moving parts. There was a pic of the prototype Ride Armour with the Rey Pulse rifle on the front wheel so that would be a safe bet as the next release given the minimal additional modifications needed to create it.

Here is a comparison chart (all have been scaled down to similar sizes)

mospeada.jpg

1. The Beagle version loses the realism and grittiness once in armor mode (mostly due to the painted chest pieces and stiff vertical chest panel). Looks like they're the only ones to follow the no-tread-on-tires to match the anime (just as Gakken did). And even though the realistic leg size does justice to it's 'rider-on-bike' mode, it suffers once transformed. It just looks like those legs are a little too scrawny. This is Japanese mecha. They're not supposed to be puney like this... (look at the others' legs on the CM/MH... nice and beefy, just the way we like 'em) In fact, these legs should be for the Hoquet version... that's what they look like. (is it me, or is she one of the most sexy anime ever?)

2. I still like the MH the best looks wise (in armor mode). It looks the most detailed. And nothing beats the transparent chests pieces (the three little colored dots) which makes a HUGE difference in realism. Even the vertical chest panel has more detail and curves. And the arms have a lot of air around them... there's just nothing stiff looking about it. (one thing that is missing from the picture, is they forgot to extend the legs... so there should be a little more detail and it should be a tad taller...). Love the detail on the white parts (arms and thighs). Maybe I'm just biased since I own the MH's.

3. The CM still looks very "cheap" to me. Screws all over the place. I don't know... never liked it. Proportion-wise, seems like they hit the target. But once we get into looks and detail, it looks like it was made in the Philippines. Even if it was the only ride armor available on the market, I'd still skip it. Looks like it should come with chewing gum or something.

Anyways, I'll probably be picking up a beagle if it stays within an under $200 price range.

(BTW, Thanks Tober for the explanation above.)

Edited by fifbeat

3. The CM still looks very "cheap" to me. Screws all over the place. I don't know... never liked it. Proportion-wise, seems like they hit the target. But once we get into looks and detail, it looks like it was made in the Philippines. Even if it was the only ride armor available on the market, I'd still skip it. Looks like it should come with chewing gum or something.

I agree with you on the Cm's i sold both becouse i just didn't like them.

my MH on the other hand are looking quite handsome :).

I would never compare the beagle to the Cm, it's just too small and fidley for my taste.

I'm going for all 4 MH's (x2) and all beagles (x2). skipping on the Cm's.

good to see that one picture can turn this tread back to life :)

DAMN!!! That looks beautiful! I would love to say "SOLD!"...but, unless I'm getting it for what Gilermo is paying then I'm gonna pass. :( Gilermo.....you wanna pick up 2 for me?

:ph34r:

DAMN!!! That looks beautiful! I would love to say "SOLD!"...but, unless I'm getting it for what Gilermo is paying then I'm gonna pass. :( Gilermo.....you wanna pick up 2 for me?

hahaha, I'm still paying the same as you guys only Euro's.

Surely you can affort 1?

maybe another trade? It's still some way off so everybody can safe up some dough.

I'm still hoping it's here sooner rather than later.

hopefully they'll make a legioss too .

hahaha, I'm still paying the same as you guys only Euro's.

Surely you can affort 1?

maybe another trade? It's still some way off so everybody can safe up some dough.

I'm still hoping it's here sooner rather than later.

hopefully they'll make a legioss too .

I don't know.....maybe I can get just one.....I might just have to....if they sold it for let's say....$120 USD I would get it fo sho! 2000 YEN is not bad though...that's like 185 USD. That's not too bad I guess.....WAIT....what am I saying!?! :blink: I won't give in.....no I won't! <_<

I'm just gonna wait for misterryno to buy it and then sell it to me for cheap. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: .......... :p I can't say you'll get that lucky again brother. Never know though.

Anyways, I'll probably be picking up a beagle if it stays within an under $200 price range.

(BTW, Thanks Tober for the explanation above.)

Tis weird, I feel exactly the same way about the megahouse. The plastic has a skanky thin knock off feel to it to me. Sure the finish is okay, but in terms of proportions and material quality its a big pile of fail for me. The CMS looks like a more detailed and scaled down version of the Gakken. I own both the MH and the CMS, and while I might grab a Lancer M/H If I had to choose I'd take CMS.

Tis weird, I feel exactly the same way about the megahouse. The plastic has a skanky thin knock off feel to it to me. Sure the finish is okay, but in terms of proportions and material quality its a big pile of fail for me. The CMS looks like a more detailed and scaled down version of the Gakken. I own both the MH and the CMS, and while I might grab a Lancer M/H If I had to choose I'd take CMS.

My exact sentiments!

Well, darn, who is the idiot who started the $600 rumor?

About $200 u.s...... im there. =)

(with that said, the MH version still "looks" the best in transformed mode)

Quite a few ppl stated 600ish. But it was a rumour afterall. ;) Welcome to int3rnet forums, speculations abound!

I'm so happy it's gonna be around that much, i might even collect Houquets if they ever do her (hope so)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

:lol::lol::lol: .......... :p I can't say you'll get that lucky again brother. Never know though.

lol man.

I wanna see what the Beagle looks like side on, that should determine if it beats the MH.

I still like the MH from front on more. But it's a static pose too the beagle shown.

The cloth'd rider is awesome!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

lol man.

I wanna see what the Beagle looks like side on, that should determine if it beats the MH.

I still like the MH from front on more. But it's a static pose too the beagle shown.

The cloth'd rider is awesome!

The clothed rider is definetly AWESOME...but the size is my deal. With it being dangerously close to the size of the 1/8 Gakken... :rolleyes: ...that just pushes all the right buttons.

Man Bike mode on Beagle's designs is so freaking tight! To bad MH couldn't pull off that look.. seems like the bike is to small... MH's armor mode is the look to beat in this mode by far. Hopefully we get the best of both worlds once Beagle releases their production version.

/Gene

Edited by g3173

Might grab an MH Lancer? Gakken. Beagle. CM. Pfffffffffffft............ =)

You guys wanna get out of here? Talk to me.

yellow01.jpg

yellow02.jpg

Edited by fifbeat

Are those tires bigger? Or is it the angle? They appear to be bigger than the last couple of MH ride armors.

CM's version of this will look like a bright-purple Jolly Rancher. =)

Edited by fifbeat

Yeah it's been discussed before the tyres are bigger, ppl were hoping that the delay with the original standard MH R/Armours was that they were including them with bigger tyres that the Blowsupierierierierierier (i love stuffing this up) has.

Are those tires bigger? Or is it the angle? They appear to be bigger than the last couple of MH ride armors.

CM's version of this will look like a bright-purple Jolly Rancher. =)

I'm holding on the Stick and Rey restocks until we hear confirmation of wether they'll sport the big wheels or not. Also I hope somebody bundle them along with Yellow, that'd be awsome.

BTW, Robotech.com has the Stig and Rey types listed as June release. They say nothing about stickers being included, but apparently they do include english intructions :blink: My guess is they're second edition with english instruction sheets packed for the US market. Can anybody please confirm that the MH Ridearmors come with japanese instructions only?

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Can anybody please confirm that the MH Ridearmors come with japanese instructions only?

My MH Stick came with Japanese instructions....but my MH Rey came with English instructions (which I posted in this topic a while back). Of course....my MH Rey also had a Toynami sticker on it...so there ya go.

Does anyone know if a new Mospeada anime is in the works? I heard that a new Megazone 23 is in productions.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2005-...gazone-23-anime

wow great news!!! Megazone23 !!

will be even better if there's a new or remake of mospeada!

I'm holding on the Stick and Rey restocks until we hear confirmation of wether they'll sport the big wheels or not. Also I hope somebody bundle them along with Yellow, that'd be awsome.

its really more of a wishlist for collectors. there was never any news or even rumors of bigger wheels for the MH Rey/Stick Mospeadas.

I missed the whole discussion about wheels being bigger. That's great news!! This forum moves so fast I can't keep up even checking the dam thing every day.

My Ray and Stick came with English instructions, Toynami sticker, but no decals.... (That's lame that they passed them out locally in Japan... WTF is up with that?)

However, one of them was missing a handle bar and some peg. That blew. I think it got lost through shipping... not sure. The MH boxes aren't the most sealed enough. Especially if UPS damaged the boxes in the process.

I swear, I dislike UPS. Never ever had a problem with USPS.

I got mine from some toy place on amazon.com. Do a search there; there are some great toys at fantastic prices (I even saw a pop box Hikaru, new, for like $59.... with standard shipping rates)

http://www.amazon.com/Macross-Hikaru-Ichij...320&sr=1-79

Are MH toys limited release?

By the way, they are coming out with another MOSPEADA...

It's called ROBOTECH II: THE SHADOW CHRONICLES lol.... =)

Starring Tommy Yune's hair.

Edited by fifbeat