Star Wars toys

The new Clone Wars series is really renewing my interest in Star Wars. My 5 year old daughter likes it as well. The new toys that have been coming out are pretty good. I really do hope that they will release Wedge's X-wing. IMO the best things they have been doing are with the figures. Actually, I am so glad I wasn't into the figures much until just recently. The new sculpts and articulation are really good now. With so many different figures out there I really have to pick and choose my most favorites; otherwise, it can really get out of hand with the budget.

Funny little story. I was at one of my local Targets and saw the newer Darth Vader's Tie Advanced. I could tell it has been there a while. I was thinking about it, but passed it up for some reason. The next day I had a change of heart and I went back to buy it on my lunch break. Literally, about 1 minute later another guy comes rushing into the aisle. He noticed the Tie Advanced under my arm. He did something like an "awe, man!" under his breath glanced around the shelves a bit and walked off. :D

Those of us that frequent the Walmarts, Targets, and TRUs, can always tell immediately when a store hasn't really been hit by any collectors based on the selection of figures and vehicles. This particular Target had some figures that I have never seen at any other stores in my area.

Graham, buy him LEGO Clone Trooper stuff--best of both worlds. (well, 4.5 is a bit young for LEGO---but you could play with it too!)

Exponentially more expensive too. The V-19 Torrent starfighter is only $19.99 in the 3-3/4" line, and $49.99 in the lego line.

I really do hope that they will release Wedge's X-wing.

It's a good bet they will, most likely a TRU exclusive.

IMO the best things they have been doing are with the figures. Actually, I am so glad I wasn't into the figures much until just recently.

Same here. At first, I regretted not buying the figures much in the late 90's, but this year, I was glad I didn't. The new ones are awesome, specifically the ones with full articulation.

the new Clone Wars series IS quite good. Im loving it!

And the toys they have now are awesome too.

i love toys.

I like the clone scenes in the series, the jedi's have been kiddified to hell in this series. I at least hope Plo Kloon is as bad ass as he looks. The clones also have the best toys in the animated line too, full articulation, and removable gimmick missle launchers. The jedi's have been gimmicked out and lose articulation. Now the vehicles kick ass. I saw the V-19 in person the other day and for a $20 toy, it is HUGE! Now I hope we see new pics of Obi Wans Clone Wars starfighter, the Delta 2 with removable front section.

My son love the Clone Wars cartoon and thinks the Clone Troopers are much, much cooler than Jedi (as do I).

And Black Valkyrie, your sig is back to front. Don't ya' know it should read "A Gundam is no match for a VF". :p

Graham

Agree. Although as doodled in the Gold Book a Valk needs an energy saber/sword for hand to hand. Frontier is starting to get that right. :p ;D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

My son love the Clone Wars cartoon and thinks the Clone Troopers are much, much cooler than Jedi (as do I).

And Black Valkyrie, your sig is back to front. Don't ya' know it should read "A Gundam is no match for a VF". :p

Graham

Technically when you compare a it, its a fly in front of a Gundam and its beamsaber is a fly swap :) .

Back to the topic :

Guys I`ve been searching a for ROTJ Luke but there are so many version and most of them got negative reviews, so which is best one.

Guys I`ve been searching a for ROTJ Luke but there are so many version and most of them got negative reviews, so which is best one.

If you don't mind customizing, you can probably make your own from the ones currently out.

Also, it depends on which version of ROTJ Luke you want. Do you prefer Jedi Luke during the Jabba scenes or Jedi Luke's get-up during the final duel (aka DSII Luke)?

If you want a close approximation to DSII Luke, you should probably buy the current Legacy collection Luke (the sandstorm version). I'd personally swap out the head for something more neutral and less windswept (the one from the Luke & Mara Jade comic pack is pretty solid).

For the Jedi-Robed Luke, last year's Jedi Luke with the bone accessory would probably work. You'll have to force/glue his robes down onto his shoulders to get rid of the "bath-robe" look and make it look more accurate.

Some folks don't like either figure because the elbow and knee joints are too blubous. But I don't mind them too much. Plus, I'm a fan of the additional articulation on these particular figures.

To throw in an additional curveball, Hasbro announced they'll finally be making a DSII Luke........in 2009. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Holy mother of Mog, Black Valkyrie!!! I don't think you have enough Lego Clone Troopers! :lol:

Edited by Mog

Technically when you compare a it, its a fly in front of a Gundam and its beamsaber is a fly swap :) .

Back to the topic :

Why would a VF pilot be stupid enough to fly right in front of a Gundam at point blank range and stand still while the Gundam hit him with his beam sabre. VFs are all about superior speed, mobility, range and firepower.

Graham

Why would a VF pilot be stupid enough to fly right in front of a Gundam at point blank range and stand still while the Gundam hit him with his beam sabre. VFs are all about superior speed, mobility, range and firepower.

Graham

You forgot to mention the higher mortality and lower survivability rate. Add CF pilots and voila! the 1km radius of a Gundam becomes a giant fly trap. :lol:

I think you may be looking for the Star Wars Original Trilogy Collection #06 Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight. These come on an old school original looking cards.

http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC06lukejedi.asp This is considered a basic figure from the OTC line.

I think what you really want are the Vintage Original Trilogy Collection or the Vintage The Saga Collection which are completely new sculpts with a ton of articulation. These come with an extra clear plastic case that protected the entire card packaging. I don't believe they have a Jedi Knight Luke in this style yet.

Here is an example of the the Han Solo figure:

Packaging

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/...nsoloclamfr.jpg

Articulation

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/...ated%20Smuggler

These are some figures in this collection. I'm not sure if there are any more than this.

(Click on a figure to get more detail photos)

http://www.rebelscum.com/OTCvintage.asp

http://www.rebelscum.com/TSCvintage.asp

http://www.rebelscum.com/TACvintage.asp

Here is a good example of all the different Bespin Luke figures that have come out.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/...0Day%20|%20VTSC

There was even a special mail in figure of Georg Lucas in Stormtrooper disguise.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=h...oper%20Disguise

Also, be on the look out for various figures in the newest The Legacy Collection series that you will see in stores right now. These are the newer packaging that are mostly white with a large clone trooper helmet in the background. Many of these figures have the same kind of articulation as I described above. For example, the Darth Vader with removable helmet is an excellent figure and arguably the best Darth Vader figure to date.

http://www.rebelscum.com/TLC08Vader.asp

Check out this YouTube review

Edited by sharky

You forgot to mention the higher mortality and lower survivability rate. Add CF pilots and voila! the 1km radius of a Gundam becomes a giant fly trap. :lol:

One day, ONE DAY, Variable Fighters in the Macross Universe will be uber super fun happy slide powerful just like your wannabe pansy Super Saiyan Gundams. :lol: That's all they got, super special metal alloy and mecha beams that put the SDF-1 to shame almost. peh D/Ball Z mecha

I'd love to see a fight with the Gen 1 or 2 Macross Destroids go up against the 08th team. I reckon that would be a close battle.

That's what bandai and Big West should be working towards, crossover battle anime! :D

sorry for being off-topic.

So if we are talking about Jedi ROTJ Luke i got the one with the meat bone. :lol: And i'm more than happy enough with it's sculpt.

So many pics i gotta share, i'll try and make an effort this weekend.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

One day, ONE DAY, Variable Fighters in the Macross Universe will be uber super fun happy slide powerful just like your wannabe pansy Super Saiyan Gundams. :lol: That's all they got, super special metal alloy and mecha beams that put the SDF-1 to shame almost. peh D/Ball Z mecha

I'd love to see a fight with the Gen 1 or 2 Macross Destroids go up against the 08th team. I reckon that would be a close battle.

That's what bandai and Big West should be working towards, crossover battle anime! :D

sorry for being off-topic.

So if we are talking about Jedi ROTJ Luke i got the one with the meat bone. :lol: And i'm more than happy enough with it's sculpt.

So many pics i gotta share, i'll try and make an effort this weekend.

In the SRW games, Valks pretty much die if they get hit... they're just good at not getting hit, and they can still dish it out. Gundams, are a little more durable but there are tougher mechs in the game (Gunbuster).

I decided to breakout my POTF A-Wing and do a little re-work. So, I picked up another Walmart A-Wing to swap some parts.

Although the POTF A-Wing is over 10 years old :oI really like the color scheme and weathering.

(POTF on the left; Walmart Exclusive on the right)

Star_Wars_Clones_025.jpg

I ended up swapping the cannons and the cockpit for the revised POTF A-Wing

Star_Wars_Clones_027.jpg

Star_Wars_Clones_026.jpg

I had a spare GI JOE Hawk figure. I did quick head swap. I had to shave a bit of the inside of the sculpt to get it to fit on the neck post. Now, we have a little more variety with the rebel pilots

Star_Wars_Clones_028.jpg

Edited by VF1A-FAN

So, which version of the Clone Wars movie did everyone get? There doesn't seem to be so many versions as when Iron Man came out.

Target version with the red clone trooper cover and a 96 page graphic novel. (this is the one I picked up)

The Best Buy steel book version (looks cool as well)

Blu-ray version with red clone trooper cover

Single disc version

I have made several toy purchases, but I haven't had time to post pics and or mini-reviews. I'll try to get to them in the future.

My recent acquisitions:

Tie fighter (toys r us exclusive with large solar panels and pilot figure)

Hoth speeder bike action pack

General Grievous starfighter

Darth Vader's Tie Advanced

A bunch of new figures

A bunch of the small Titanium vehicles

Larger Titanium republic gunship

I'll be looking to get Anakin's modified Jedi Starfighter. (the youtube reviews are coming back positive on this vehicle)

I recently received a bunch of the Star Wars Miniatures figures from a friend to sell them and I have no clue how much they'd be worth. Anyone here have any idea if these things are in general worth any real money? I got around 40 figures and few vehicles with most being jedi/sith and a couple storm troopers?

They are pretty cool little figs, but I'm not a huge Star Wars toy fan. Not enough giant robots with pilots spouting cheesy phrases for my taste....though the cartoons have been great for Star Wars...

post-2213-1226604124_thumb.jpg

Edited by protostar8

Ohh, I'm drooling. Actually, I have been wondering when they would make this style of Jedi starfighter with the center seated droid. I prefer this style over the others. I also like that you can actually put in a droid figure. I will definitely be on the lookout for it now.

One thing I am not doing is getting very many The Clone Wars figures. I only picked up Ahsoka because she is not in the live action figure line, and she is a good figure with good articulation. I'm just not digging most of them for various reasons. For one, the articulation on most of them is not as good. I don't like some of the stylized versions of Yoda, Anakin, etc. either. I will be getting a Legacy Collection/Saga Legends Anakin/Darth figure for my modified Jedi starfighter. He is much better articulated than the Clone Wars Anakin.

He is much better articulated than the Clone Wars Anakin.

An animated style Clone Wars Anakin with full articulation was released a few weeks back in a battle pack, the B'Omarr Monastery battle pack with 2 STAPs. There is a rumor that the main characters in the series are slated to receive full articulation in next year's assortments, it doesn't surprise considering that their brand recognition is high, kids are guaranteed to buy any version of the character, and Hasbro knows collectors will buy the fully articulated versions. Me, I am waiting it out to see what the new versions look like.

One thing I am not doing is getting very many The Clone Wars figures. I only picked up Ahsoka because she is not in the live action figure line, and she is a good figure with good articulation. I'm just not digging most of them for various reasons. For one, the articulation on most of them is not as good.

Agreed, so far the Legacy Line is doing a far better job of giving us the figures we want, articulation wise.

Does anyone have a good tip on how to straighten out guns and other things. My General Grievous starfighter has this canon that mounts underneath, but it came seriously bent.

My thought was to heat it in order to soften it. My first idea was to get it over a gas burner on my cook top. I was trying to be careful not to melt it. Well, I got a bit impatient and the tip bubbled up and got scorched. I just cut the tip off. That took care of the tip, and I think it looks better that way. It still was bent, so I boiled some water and started to dip it in for a moment to soften it. It worked for the most part in that it got soft enough to bend, but I had a hard time getting it really straight after it cooled down.

BTW, the bottom canon looks like an x-wing canon just in a gold color. As I said, I cut the tip off so that it doesn't have what I call blast deflectors on the tip. I think this gives the canon a look more in line with the style of General Grievous's starfighter anyway.

I serious need to post pics.