What Made You Say, "Ouch! That's Gotta Hurt!"

Gubaba

I started rewatching all of Macross recently, and for soem reason, a short scene in SDF episode 10 really stuck with me. It's when the asteroid fragments are hitting the Macross and one of them kind of casually drops down and rolls over a poor little Destroid Defender...it's a quick scene, and it always made me kind of chuckle, but this time I was struck by how many silly, pathetic deaths await bystanders, Destroid pilots, and CF pilots throughout all the various chapters of Macross.

So, which one made you wince, or laugh, or just say, "Man, sucks to the THAT guy!"?

Give me your favorite cannon fodder deaths!

(My other faves: "Hikaru's infamous first kill," the guy in DYRL who gets decapitated, and the ship getting destroyed in Frontier...although I'm not sure that counts.)

The VF-0 pilot that was shot down by Nora who promptly gets blown up after making a successful escape from his destroyed fighter. I kind of said "that sucks" to myself as I was watching that episode of Macross Zero.

Then there was the Super VF-1A in DYRL during the last battle when Hikaru is trying to convince MinMei to sing. You know, the one that shows up in front of the port window, turns and then gets blown to smithereens. That actually made me laugh

i can recall two CF or genereic characters deaths in macross that surely had to hurt: the first on is from cac 0 ep. 2 almost at the start when ivanov shots straight at the cockpit hitting the pilot. if you go step-by-step you can actually see the guy being decapitated. the other one is when ivanov made ragu with the guys onboard the asuka. i think he killed 5 out of six guys in front and smashed with the manipulator the one who was wounded.

I know he's not tech. cannon fodder but... Kakizaki got blasted quick in DYRL right after he laughs at Hikaru,something like.... "'ah ha she told you....ahhhhhh" He didn't even get a chance ot do anything , didn't even fire a misle or the gunpod , he just dies..thats fodder'ish.

I know he's not tech. cannon fodder but... Kakizaki got blasted quick in DYRL right after he laughs at Hikaru,something like.... "'ah ha she told you....ahhhhhh" He didn't even get a chance ot do anything , didn't even fire a misle or the gunpod , he just dies..thats fodder'ish.

Kakizaki was ALWAYS cannon fodder, right from the moment he was introduced...he just needed to to...um...ripen or marinate or whatever cannon fodder does to get ready for that eventual big boom.

- The zentran pilot in DYRL who got up close and personal with Miriya pulse blaster, a direct hit on the nose.

- Another zentran pilot in DYRL who got another face lift from Max gunpod at point blank range.

- Another winner from DYRL, Bodolza got a quick face lift from Hikaru VF-1S, too bad he didn't survive to see the result :lol:

Edited by Morpheus

I'm still particular to the military dude chilling with the little girl in the sandbox, shown a few times during the SDF Macross TV series.

One minute, you're just having a quiet, quaint, and peaceful moment.

The next moment, you're getting nuked and charbroiled to bits.

------------------------------

Also, the Zent' dude who gets pulled out of his Regult and gets capped by Max in DYRL got an f'ed up deal too!

I always thought Ivanov's death in the tail end of M0 was kind of brutal. Probably the most graphic of deaths in that whole OVA and possible next to all of Macross. However there is one I would probably say would be the most painful and that would be Gulds death (movie version) as you see the man with a burst eye ball, his ribs cracking and caving in his lungs causing him to spew out a large amount of blood into his helmet probably causing him to briefly sufficate only to smack dead on to the ghost, and if he did survive THAT ordeal for a few moments, then lets not forget the final scene...he's float DEAD IN SPACE :p

Not so much an "Ouch!" moment but the Guard who's just dying to relieve himself only to be kicked in the stomach by Max's Valkyrie. Not only has he got one hell of a bruise but he must have soiled himself because of that kick. AND....then Max puts on the uniform. EW.

Edited by Alex

That was early in Episode 4, when it was clear UN Spacy was lossing ground. The VF-2SS took damage during transformation and was stuck almost in Battroid mode. the Male Power then ripped front and back main assemblies.

my favorite in MACII was later that episode when a single VF-2SS was overwhelmed, pleading for backup before a Female Power Suit, first crushed his Head Camera, then kicked the cockpit in, causing it to explode.

That was early in Episode 4, when it was clear UN Spacy was lossing ground. The VF-2SS took damage during transformation and was stuck almost in Battroid mode. the Male Power then ripped front and back main assemblies.

my favorite in MACII was later that episode when a single VF-2SS was overwhelmed, pleading for backup before a Female Power Suit, first crushed his Head Camera, then kicked the cockpit in, causing it to explode.

haha yeah that's right. Gotta re-watch soon.