POSSIBLE CUSTOM ON YF19 1/60

Ghostkiller

Hello guys

I need expert point of views :p

is the scheme below a possible custom that can be realised on the yamato toy ??? :ph34r:

if someone could use a photo of the yf-19 from yamato and apply this scheme to see how it could turn out it would be really nice as I do not know how to do it ???

:unsure:

mgjune02page12.jpg

mgjune02page14.jpg

Hi Ghost, MWers are dreaming about this scheme for years :)

Also Graham mentioned it to Yamato for a possible future release...

Their answer was positive, bu we don't know what will gonna happen in the future...

thks Charger

do u think I gonna wait for yamato ???

what about seeing me doing it

starting tomorrow I think

I have just figure out and unscrewed the baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it looks positive so far !

:ph34r:

so it is coming up soon shhht it is a secret :p

It scares me sh**less to see a 19 that way. :ph34r:

I can't agree with you there...for I know (and all of you do to) that Ghostkiller has some MAD SKILLS!!!

:ph34r:

Well for clarification, it scares me sh**less to see the 19 that way, because I have one here on my desk and it hurts to think of it dismantled like that. I know ghostkiller is going to do an awesome job on customizing it, but when I see that pic I go: "ooooh! :ph34r: "

I know ghostkiller is going to do an awesome job on customizing it, but when I see that pic I go: "ooooh! :ph34r: "

That makes two of us; when I see a dismantled Macross variable fighter, I think "ooooh!, here comes a custom." :) I can't wait to see what Kicker 773 has for us to see, too.

no will try to get them after the paint is done ?

I know that mw's members will help me on that

nice skills are around

^_^

It has been my experience that decals take a while to get from the maker to one's work table -- like all good things, these take time. So, it's going to be a while before we get to see your Super Nova completed. Anyway, we're looking forward to seeing this.

Well, if you haven't decided on a color yet, you could always make one not seen before. I always wondered why we only saw #4 and #6. The scheme looks like it's loosely based on the F-18 prototype markings, and I know there was a red one of those, so you could always do that. :)

supernova1.jpg

The different versions of the decals have smaller markings that were different from one another, but the computer versions above are simplified, and I just changed the colors and numbers. Even if you don't get all the small markings, this is going to look awesome. :D

David's answer to my question about the shade of blue for YF-19 custom:

Re:YF-19 Custom Blue, Jan 26 2008, 12:10 AM

The problem is, while the blue and orange YF-19's seem to be based off the F-15 prototypes, the colors are quite different. There is no "real" or "military" match for them that'd look similar. Following the real F-15's would make the blue MUCH darker, and the orange would be day-glo.

Edited by charger69

Navy I think may be too dark, depending on the brand. I don't know if you can buy it like that in cans, or which brands make it, but I know some companies make a specific shade of blue called "Blue Angel Blue," specifically for painting Blue Angels planes.

You may not be able to find that exact shade, but you could probably find references on what paints to use to duplicate it. Personally, I think that shade would look beautiful. :)

Either way though, I'd try testing it first on some piece of scrap plastic, or even paper, just to check the shade, and make sure you're happy with it.

Edited by Chronocidal

Blue Angel Blue looks fine to me :)

Here what I've found on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TES1772-Blue-Angel-Blu...5QQcmdZViewItem

Color references:

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/colorcharts/s...modelmaster.htm

Blue Angel Blue:

http://www.colorserver.net/showcolor.asp?fs=15050

Testors:

http://www.testors.com/catalog_item.asp?itemNbr=785

Edited by charger69