Macross Frontier News Thread *Read 1st post*

azrael

New CM!!

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z6anMuOFr0

マクロス F 番宣

恋と友情と惑星の運命が交差する超銀河ラブストーリー、マクロスフロンティア。4月、ヤックデカルチャー!!

Macross F CM 3

Macross Froniter!! A Super Galaxy Love Story in which love, friendship and destiny of the planet intersects. April, Yakku Deculture!!!!

New CM!!

Macross F CM 3

Macross Froniter!! A Super Galaxy Love Story in which love, friendship and destiny of the planet intersects. April, Yakku Deculture!!!!

Nothing new in the CM...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

They also have stricter restrictions on conduct and being able to return fire if attack than military forces in the same situations but the majority of their work is training not fighting.

I doubt that completely.

The military has stricter policies on returning fire as they are direct representatives of their governments (at least in the West), which is why paramilitary forces are used in shall we say "potential wetworks" situations. What would embarass a government's military would go largely unnoticed if it were mercs (or those not bound by a patriotic oath of conduct) doing the shooting.

That isn't to say militaries are innocent, but are held much more accountable than any paramilitary force for their conduct on the battlefield.

Edited by Zinjo

I doubt that completely.

The military has stricter policies on returning fire as they are direct representatives of their governments (at least in the West), which is why paramilitary forces are used in shall we say "potential wetworks" situations. What would embarass a government's military would go largely unnoticed if it were mercs (or those not bound by a patriotic oath of conduct) doing the shooting.

That isn't to say militaries are innocent, but are held much more accountable than any paramilitary force for their conduct on the battlefield.

Actually I dont doubt it one bit. Individuals in PMCs are held to a stricter standard as they arent protected by the Geneva convention and arent afforded the rights a regular soldier would hve. They are also much easier to target for legal actions against them and have about the same protection that an illegal combatant such as a terrorist for example has. By the way I am ex military myself and was actively looking into joining a PMC when I opted out of doing it. But were getting off topic.

Too bad the VF-25 on display isnt completed.

Edited by Sorata

Say are there any more pics of the old discontinued toys that were supposed to be on sale at Wonderfest? I'd be nice to see those after all these times.

I also suppose it's too early to see the Full Armor VF-25 toy or model at the moment, as much as I'd liked to.

Btw Sorata, you probably made a good decision not to opt for some PMC work. Unless you're hard up for some quick cash it's really not worth it from what I've heard. The pay may be good, very good in some cases depending on your skills but that's all you're getting and all they care about. Medical care doesn't extend beyond what the medics they have there can do and if you really get sick, you're going to have to find and pay for your own plane trip and your own way to a hospital. Fear of getting hung up to dry are always in the back of the minds of PMCs there. It is after all a business.

I doubt that completely.

Not the place for this discussion, but I think you need to stop basing your knowledge of paramilitary forces on video games, movies, and comic books.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it mentioned somewhere that Ozma was either kicked out of or denied entry as a pilot into NUNS? I am curious to see exactly who these people who make up the SMS are, how did they end up there.

Not the place for this discussion, but I think you need to stop basing your knowledge of paramilitary forces on video games, movies, and comic books.

I think you need to stop assuming what I think or where I base my knowledge on to avoid making yourself look like an a$$... :rolleyes:

This website mentions that the opening theme song of Macross F is entitled "Triangular" (TORAIANGURA-), singer is Maaya Sakamoto. For a while there I thought Yoko Kanno and Maaya were never going to work together again.

Cool!

Edited by Zinjo

=======================================

080301, 1:02JST(update again...)

Macross F

OP by Maaya Sakamoto, Title is triangle

坂本真綾 / マクロスフロンティア OPテーマ トライアングラー

http://www.chara-ani.com/details.asp?prdid=V22802006

Victor artist web site 坂本真綾

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/maaya/

坂本真綾 OFFICIAL FAN CLUB IDS!

http://www.ids-maaya.com/

Triangle, this title is too....................

= =

ED by Sheryl Norm, Title TBD

シェリム・ノーム / マクロスフロンティア EDテーマ タイトル未定

http://www.chara-ani.com/details.asp?prdid=V22802007

Edited by kresphy

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it mentioned somewhere that Ozma was either kicked out of or denied entry as a pilot into NUNS? I am curious to see exactly who these people who make up the SMS are, how did they end up there.

The description for Ozuma indicates that he was a former NUN pilot.

see translated posting

Couple of updates on the Macross F official site.

2/29/2008:

Macross Frontier "Deculture Edition" (i.e. "Deculture" version of episode 1) will be re-aired on the Bandai Channel (streaming video) on March 7, 2008.

Bandai Channel

2/28/2008:

Macross F E-magazine (for cellphones only) registration has opened. (Japanese cellphones required)

So, a new vf-25 toy will be released by Bandai?

For those of you that haven't been following the Wonder Festival news or the Macross Frontier toy thread in the toy forums, here's what is known so far about Macoss Frontier toys and models from Bandai: -

At Wonder Festival on Feb 24, Bandai displayed some very early, rough sculpts of the VF-25 in Fighter, battroid and Super Fighter. However, these are not really representative of the final products, as they were just made from the anime CAD files printed out on a rapid prototyping machine and were basicallly just fixed posed statues.

However, Bandai also had signs up announcing three (3) distinct product lines for Macross Frontier: -

• 1/60 scale DX transforming VF-25 Alto and VF-25 Ozuma toys.
  • 1/100 scale action figures with simple transformation.
  • 1/72 scale plastic model kits.

Beyond that, little else is known so far.

Graham

So why isn't Hasegawa doing the 1/72's?

I'm sure Hasegawa would love to do the kits, just as Yamato would love to make the toys, but it all comes down to money.

Bandai paid a whole heap of money to be the major sponsor of the show and one of the benefits of this is that they get the exclusive toy and model kit rights for at least a couple of years.

Graham

Wow DT, didn't know you were such a big fan of the VF-25. It's great to see more love for it; I think the VF-25 is a fantastic design, especially the Battroid mode and the transformable armor.

Edited by Mr March

Hopefully with Bandai having the toy and model rights, they'll maybe be cheaper. I can't afford 200 dollar toys anymore : / nor am I really that thrilled with the QC of Yamato anymore after having some broken toys from their chinese manufactures.

But I am gonna jump up and down for joy that these will be coming out atleast.

Wow DT, didn't know you were such a big fan of the VF-25. It's great to see more love for it; I think the VF-25 is a fantastic design, especially the Battroid mode and the transformable armor.

Makes me think of a VF-4 crossed with a Stampede. I just love the design, I think its even better than the YF-21. Just gorgeous.

Maybe it's just me but I'm a bit wary of Bandai's versions of Macross toys. There tend to have a certain simple bland look to them. On the upside they tend to be more durable than the rest due to it.

Not a fair comparison, you are judging toys from 10+ years ago.

Anyways what excites me is that we have only seen 2 VF-25s so far. Who knows, we might have some bad asses later in with awesome color schemes that we have yet to see. I'd love to see the VF-171 in a different color scheme. Who knows, maybe the teal ones were just from one squadron.

Unfortunately that's not quite what it says.

Island 1 is approx 15km in length while City 7 was approx 6km in length (This includes the connecting dock to the Battle section). It says nothing about width.

The monitor was hanging down at approx 2km.

While having sizes, *cough*, is neat. Who said what the sizes are? The magazine or the big head himself?

Yeah I did and since both are adverts in hobby magazines and not official artbooks, and since I don't read Japanese. The question is pretty darn valid. ;)

Usually the info comes from the interviews with the production staff. It's like a "Keeping Tabs" section in some entertainment magazines. It's common practice to have info trickle in like this in anime magazines. You should read cyde01's post for a more complete translation.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=&a...st&p=566060

And the MF website blog got mindless update, BTW. It talks about looking up the 50cm Minmay's skirt. :rolleyes:

Not a fair comparison, you are judging toys from 10+ years ago.

Anyways what excites me is that we have only seen 2 VF-25s so far. Who knows, we might have some bad asses later in with awesome color schemes that we have yet to see. I'd love to see the VF-171 in a different color scheme. Who knows, maybe the teal ones were just from one squadron.

Good point. Man, has it really been over 10 years since Macross 7? Way to make me feel my age.

That point aside are there any examples of recent toys that was made by Bandai? It would give one a good idea on their worksmanship these days.

On the color front, I do wonder who's going to be the one with the blue "ace genius" scheme. Probably haven't introduced yet since we're just on the first episode at the moment.

On the color front, I do wonder who's going to be the one with the blue "ace genius" scheme. Probably haven't introduced yet since we're just on the first episode at the moment.

Michael has the blue trim on his X-Gear and also wears a blue school tie. Alto has red trim on his X-Gear and wears a red shool tie and gets the white VF-25 with black and red trim. Luca has green trim on his X-Gear and wears a green school tie. No guesses for which one is gonna die first.

Michael is reported to be a crack shot, probably why he uses the mecha sized sniper rifle in chapter 2 of the manga.

Graham

Bandai paid a whole heap of money to be the major sponsor of the show and one of the benefits of this is that they get the exclusive toy and model kit rights for at least a couple of years.

Graham

Historically, if Bandai has merch rights to a Macross series, no one tends to release competing items. Mac 2 & Mac 7 are perfect examples. Figures tend to be the only exception I've seen, however that may change with Bandai having trading figure lines out in recent years. :rolleyes:

I thought Alto was supposed to be the genius pilot of this series, mecha color aside.

He's the hero pilot. If they follow the SDFM, Alto may not be the genius pilot of the show...