1/60 Vic Viper

wolfx

Just noticed that in the picture showing the five fighters coming out, there are six names listed in the information section below. Anyone know what it says is the six fighter, which I don't see pictured?

the japanese "letters" seem to be the same that for the Darius, i think it's another Darius ship ( don't remember the name ???)

Edit : SILVER HAWK ! it's written :-p.....

Edited by wolverine59

the japanese "letters" seem to be the same that for the Darius, i think it's another Darius ship ( don't remember the name ???)

Edit : SILVER HAWK ! it's written :-p.....

So both the ones that come from the Darius game are Silver Hawks? Is one just gonna be a repaint then? And has anyone found these for sale anywhere other than HLJ for a decent price?

I'm curious as to why this thing is so cheap...or am I just THAT used to Japanese toys with overinflated prices?

In any case, I hopped on that HLJ Early Bird faster than a pat of butter hops on a hot skillet. I've wanted a toy of the VV since I was piloting it in 8 bits.

I'm curious as to why this thing is so cheap...or am I just THAT used to Japanese toys with overinflated prices?

In any case, I hopped on that HLJ Early Bird faster than a pat of butter hops on a hot skillet. I've wanted a toy of the VV since I was piloting it in 8 bits.

Probably cuz its just a chunk of PVC and not a plastic toy nor die-cast. Definately less complicated than those PVC girls that they make.

I have a feeling the 2 modes for the Sonic Diver are actually 2 different figures cuz the wings don't look like they're articulate to do the transformation.

VV is not that big of a model kit considering it's 1/60, so that might explain the price.

My question is, is it colored like Gundam kits?

I also wonder how big is that transforming Reijin...

Now:

" This item is an injection-plastic kit of a science-fiction/anime item. It requires both cement and painting to complete or use. 20cm long when completed"

poo !!!

Nooo! I'll wait a bit before cancelling my order just to be sure, but if turns out to be a kit, NO THANKS. I have a hard enough time assembling by damn socks in the morning.

Bandai speed grade model kits are fully painted on sprue, and they are cheap. So VV and Reijins could at least be painted, but I may be wrong.

I don't see a sky girl on a Reijin, but it might be a wise idea not to do at this scale.

For the Einhander fans...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=274009

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=241792

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=16428

I ran a search on Brickshelf and turned those up. Thought they were pretty good. Now if only someone could build a mini-fig of it or some company make a candy toy of it...

Edit:

Just found this guys page with an einhander toy/custom thing built out of some cool building blocks. Anyone know what these blocks are called?

http://sakurairo-figure.hp.infoseek.co.jp/BJPM.html

There's even a YF-21 further down the page.

Edited by protostar8

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=16428

I ran a search on Brickshelf and turned those up. Thought they were pretty good. Now if only someone could build a mini-fig of it or some company make a candy toy of it...

This gallery is mine.

I built that several years ago. Unfortunately at the time I didn't have enough blue wings to make it completely accurate, and that was before I started buying parts from Bricklink.

Lately I've been thinking about building one of the Raiden fighters with some power-up boxes. :lol:

This gallery is mine.

I built that several years ago. Unfortunately at the time I didn't have enough blue wings to make it completely accurate, and that was before I started buying parts from Bricklink.

Lately I've been thinking about building one of the Raiden fighters with some power-up boxes. :lol:

Cool. I just played through that game again on MAME the other day.

How much do things like that cost for you to make via Bricklink?

Edited by protostar8

Well, I bought the R-9A Arrow-Head that came with the R-Type Tactics game (cost $10 shipped from YesAsia on Ebay). It's really cool for $10! It comes fully painted, but unassembled. So it was kinda fun figuring out how it all went together (18 pieces total if you count the stand). No instructions, so if you get one, save the picture from the auction so you know how the stand and fighter fit together. If the fighters from the game are gonna be as nicely detailed after painting, then I'll definitely be tracking them down!

Cool. I just played through that game again on MAME the other day.

How much do things like that cost for you to make via Bricklink?

There's no real way for me to answer that. It really depends on what parts you need, how common those parts are, who has them, how many they have, etc.

Bricklink has fluctuating prices and is very susceptible to supply and demand, since it's a fan-based site. Basically people open sets, sort the pieces, and sell them. The older and less common a piece, the more likely it's going to be expensive.

There's no real way for me to answer that. It really depends on what parts you need, how common those parts are, who has them, how many they have, etc.

Bricklink has fluctuating prices and is very susceptible to supply and demand, since it's a fan-based site. Basically people open sets, sort the pieces, and sell them. The older and less common a piece, the more likely it's going to be expensive.

Okay, thanks for the info. Any opinion on a good program to build them digitally first (I think the official lego builder software is horrible b/c it has so few pieces in so few colors).

I didn't know that Sky Girls (a lolicon show) was so popular:

http://www.konami.jp/visual/skygirls/

I still don't understand the link to the R-Types. Are they in the same universe?

F.

Not even in the same company. It'd just be nice to see some R-Type fighters get the same treatment the Vic viper is getting.

The Gradius link is just an easter egg for the fans. No continuity connection.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Did anyone get one of these from HLJ? I had 2 on pre-order, but it looks like they sold out before they got to my order :angry:

Now they're listed as 'discontinued'

Hmm...I logged into HLJ and for my "Items On Order" it's still listed as Future Release, but when I click on the product page it says discontinued like you mentioned.

I'm not gonna cancel in case they do come through.

Hmm...I logged into HLJ and for my "Items On Order" it's still listed as Future Release, but when I click on the product page it says discontinued like you mentioned.

I'm not gonna cancel in case they do come through.

Try playasia

they had some up for preorder the other day. Plus you can use the playasia coupon code.

Well, I put in a shipping request at HLJ the other day when I saw they'd been discontinued, and now they're prepping to ship both of my Vic Vipers.

They're still listed as discontinued :huh:

Actually, that's not really odd. If the item is discontinued, it could take them a few days to get all the orders shipped out. It just means that they won't get more. HLJ from my experiences generally gets enough of the item to fill current orders (on pre-order stuff at least). I've seen this same "problem" occur with several limited edition items and I always got my pre-ordered ones.

• 3 weeks later...