Street Fighter 4

Yeah, I actually got really good with Dan. I originally didn't realize he was just a joke character because the machine I would play on had him unlocked, no need for codes or anything. So I practiced with him, got really good, and would anger a lot of people by beating them with him. I really liked SVC Chaos Dan. That wrist-breaking-unblockable-punch was awesome. :D

I really like Sakura. She was so refreshingly new yet familiar. And that you can do damage with her taunt is hilarious. I've actually countered a level three super by taunting (my friend hit me hard for that one).

I've always hated how the computer never has to charge to do charging moves, like with Guile.

My SF favorites!

Ryu: All versions of SF, but his Dragon Punch in SF3 rocks! He was also the first one that I began to learn.

Ken: All versions of SF also, for very familiar gameplay yet different in speed and combination ability.

Chun-Li: Really only with the SF2 game versions for me. Had alot of fun with her back then.

Sakura: For SFA2/3. Like Ken, familiar gameplay to Ken & Ryu. She didn't have the power of Ryu or combo madness of Ken, but it was fun beating people with her :lol: "Damn man... you just lost to some schoolgirl..."

Juni & Juli: SFA3 only, naturally. 1 of them had a playstyle similiar to Cammy, the other had some great moves but hard to pull off.

As far as the AI goes, I was always annoyed with the AI pulling off charge moves with no preperation, especially back in the SF2 days. After playing Guile players so much, it irked me alot when the AI walks up to you and does the Flash Kick thingie. Same thing with Blanka's cannon ball.

Great SF2 moment of enjoyment: Hitting Blanka out of a Cannonbal attack with a Dragon Punch :ph34r: "Wow, look at that health meter go!"

I still remember SF's height at the arcades here in the US. Crowds of guys lined up, their quarters slotted at machine. Winner stays on, takes on all challengers!

----------

As for 2D fighters, my favorite series were Street Fighter and Samurai Shodown. I had fun with Last Blade 1 & 2 when I saw them over in Okinawa and Japan, but never got good with it like in SF & S.Shodown.

Favorite Samurai Shodown character? Yagyu Jubei before they removed him. Otherwise, Haohmaru or Genjuro.

Favorite Last Blade character? The Samurai with that black western cape thingie.

3D? I didn't stick through a series long enough really. But I did play alot of Tekken 2 and the first Soul Calibur game. Wow, that was a long time ago.

Anyways, my favorite Tekken character was Nina.

Edited by Warmaker

I found Gen to be an interesting character with the whole style-switch ability. Too bad they didn't work more on it, because I thought it was a pretty cool idea.

I remember getting so mad fighting Sagat in original SF2. I just couldn't beat him back then. I also remember all the retarded rumors there were about how to play as Ryu and Ken's master, who was this old guy with white hair. So the code to play as him was to hold start, do some joystick movements, hit a succession of buttons, and start hitting and shaking the arcade machine. It was only slightly less retarded than the guy who told me the code to revive General Leo in FF3/VI was to take the cartridge and slam it on the ground. There was also the rumor I remember about Guile being able to pull out a gun and get an instant win if he shot his opponent.

There was also the rumor I remember about Guile being able to pull out a gun and get an instant win if he shot his opponent.

So LOL :lol: . Though it reminds me of the trick in SF2 arcade with Guile that freezes the game in that odd jumping pose.

I found Gen to be an interesting character with the whole style-switch ability. Too bad they didn't work more on it, because I thought it was a pretty cool idea.

I remember getting so mad fighting Sagat in original SF2. I just couldn't beat him back then. I also remember all the retarded rumors there were about how to play as Ryu and Ken's master, who was this old guy with white hair. So the code to play as him was to hold start, do some joystick movements, hit a succession of buttons, and start hitting and shaking the arcade machine. It was only slightly less retarded than the guy who told me the code to revive General Leo in FF3/VI was to take the cartridge and slam it on the ground. There was also the rumor I remember about Guile being able to pull out a gun and get an instant win if he shot his opponent.

"You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance!"

I remember the EGM issue talking about "Sheng Long" when my classmate brought it to school.

I got into SF later than all my friends, but was amused by their insane devotion to the game. I mean, a boatload of guys played it, and during lunch would go down the street and play the standup SF2 for the break ^_^

It's official, SF IV is going to suck.

Capcom of Japan explained that they're not involved with SF IV and it's basically a Capcom of America project. Hello Final Fight Revenge and SF: The Movie! <_<

"The title is fundamentally a development on the American side. There is nothing that we can domestically comment at the current time, including its platform or release period."

http://www.gpara.com/article/cms_show.php?...27&c_num=14

LOL! Now Capcom of America is saying that Capcom of Japan is developing the game. :lol:

http://www.capcom.com/BBS/showpost.php?p=3...mp;postcount=52

I hope it's true, but then again COA did say that Guile's brother was Gunloc from Saturday Night Slam Masters and COA was an inch away from including Sheng Long in the Street Fighter: The Movie arcade.

this is why i was skeptical. i heard from somewhere a few years back that capcom of japan was abandoning fighting games and handing the franchise over to capcom usa. as proof, we haven't seen much since sf3 and capcom vs snk.

"You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance!"

I remember the EGM issue talking about "Sheng Long" when my classmate brought it to school.

I got into SF later than all my friends, but was amused by their insane devotion to the game. I mean, a boatload of guys played it, and during lunch would go down the street and play the standup SF2 for the break ^_^

I love how on the page with the Sheng Long article they had their "find the april fools joke hunt" contest info... cause no one would think that the joke was the very article above the info on the scavanger hunt.

But then I once saw a movie magazine that had a contest asking how James Bond like's his martinis and if that wasn't enough on almost ever other page of the mag they had an add that said "shaken no stired" on it. :lol:

What's up with the SSFIIT remake anyawy? How long exactly does it take to redraw sprites/maybe correct colliison for redrawn sprites? That MF should be out already!

As for American made SF, capcom fighting evolution anyone? i.e. super trash!

What's up with the SSFIIT remake anyawy? How long exactly does it take to redraw sprites/maybe correct colliison for redrawn sprites? That MF should be out already!

As for American made SF, capcom fighting evolution anyone? i.e. super trash!

Its taking long since the backgrounds are being redone in 3d, and the sprites are going to have more frames per movement to make the animation smoother than the predeccessor. While the engine will most likely stay the same, the game will look a lot different than the original.

Its taking long since the backgrounds are being redone in 3d, and the sprites are going to have more frames per movement to make the animation smoother than the predeccessor. While the engine will most likely stay the same, the game will look a lot different than the original.

Oh GAWD! I can't WAIT for the remake.. i'm getting all giddy thinking about it! What platform will be on anyways?

Its taking long since the backgrounds are being redone in 3d, and the sprites are going to have more frames per movement to make the animation smoother than the predeccessor.

I wish! :(

First off, the backgrounds are still going to be 2D and in all honesty they look pretty juvenile. Second, the new backgrounds are going to feature less animation than the original.

1216127400_a1fb413a84.jpg

As for the character sprites, they're going to feature the same number of frames of animation as the original game, so don't expect SF III fluidity. All they're doing is redrawing the sprites, backgrounds, and I believe include remixed music. There's also going to be an additional mode that's going to be more balanced than the original, but again the game still won't have any additional frames of animation or 3D backgrounds. The Double Dragon XBL game employed the same technique: redraw the old sprites in HD but keep the frame count the same. Let me just say that it sounds much better than it actually looks.

We are using the same number of frames of animation as the original. Since we are using the same art code, we cannot add frames and this will change the basic gameplay of start up frames and the like. Also, as a download-only title, we are not allowed unlimited size on the all of the platforms we are releasing on. Adding to the frames of animation will greatly increase the size of the game.

http://blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/digital.p..._w_first_bg_art

Well we've already got the first sign of the apocalypse. KOF XII is going to have new sprites for all their characters, dumping a number of decade old sprites.

Those pictures of the SFII remake look weird to me. Something just feels off in them, although they look so clean... :D

Street Fighter needs a new boss. Not a lame one like Gill in SF3. Rugal, Goenitz, and Orochi were tough bosses in KOF and pretty cool in their own rights. Bison was good back in SF2. In SFAlpha it started to get old for me. I was pleased that he wasn't the boss in SF3, then I got to the boss and was displeased with the red/blue man walking around in his underwear. :p

I could see Sagat as a boss. Hell, I remember screaming at the SNES with my friends when we'd try to fight our way past him to get to Bison, only to get a royal a** wooping from him. We'd take turns getting the crap beaten out of us. With the improvements he's gotten from Alpha, Sagat has a pretty impressive set of moves.

I never got far in original Street Fighter, but wasn't Sagat the final boss of that game?

Please no evil clone of Ryu. :p

Street Fighter needs a new boss. Not a lame one like Gill in SF3. Rugal, Goenitz, and Orochi were tough bosses in KOF and pretty cool in their own rights. Bison was good back in SF2. In SFAlpha it started to get old for me. I was pleased that he wasn't the boss in SF3, then I got to the boss and was displeased with the red/blue man walking around in his underwear. :p

I second that last sentence.

Not just as the final boss, but even as a character, Gill's design was as tacky, cliched, and corny (as in Children of the Corn corny) as humanly possible.

The team faced the serious challenge to create a even worse character, but attempts failed in creating Urien. :)