Street Fighter 4

Here. Straight from Capcom

http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/20...kuma_and_gouken

To unlock Akuma as a playable character:

You need to get at least one "perfect" win in a round, and more than one depending on how many rounds per match you are playing.

- 1 round match: 1 perfect round or more

- 3 round match: 2 perfect rounds or more

- 5 round match: 3 perfect rounds or more

- 7 round match: 4 perfect rounds or more

(including the last battle against Seth)

To unlock Gouken as a playable character:

1. Complete Arcade Mode playing as Akuma and watch (not necessary to watch everything) an ending.

2. Then, unlock Gouken as an opponent, and defeat him.

Necessary conditions to unlock Gouken as an opponent:

- Play with any characters with which you watched the ending once (so play using a character you have already beaten the game with)

- Do not continue at all.

- Do not lose at all. Not even one round (easier if you only play 1-round matches)

- Achieve certain number (or more) of "Perfect" rounds. The number of Perfect Win you need to achieve are:

If you play on

- 1 round match: 1 time or more

- 3 round match: 2 times or more

- 5 round match: 3 times or more

- 7 round match: 4 times or more

- Achieve certain number (or more) of Super Combo -OR- Ultra Combo Finishes. Super and Ultra finishes both count toward this number. The number of perfect win you need to achieve are:

s

If you play on

- 1 round match: 3 times or more

- 3 round match: 5 times or more

- 5 round match: 7 times or more

- 7 round match: 9 times or more

- Achieve certain number (or more) of First Attack (this means you must score the first strike in a match--the screen gives you the "First Attack" message, and you can mostly do this without even noticing):

The number of First Attack you need to achieve are:

If you play on

- 1 round match: 5 time or more

- 3 round match: 10 times or more

- 5 round match: 15 times or more

- 7 round match: 20 times or more

- Then Gouken will appear. Kick his butt to unlock him!

Edited by bandit29

Sounds like there is trouble with some of the Mad Catz joysticks

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172875

Dagnamit... I just ordered me a standard edition version on the bay for a decent price... I hope I'm not so unlucky. Anyone here having issues with theirs?

BTW, I just want to vent about how cheap some Zangief players are.... the next one on my list are the Blanka players... Thnx.

I've noticed an audio problem, and I'm trying to figure out if it's the TV, PS3, or game itself.

After a while playing (usually after winning arcade mode), the sound effects will start being 1/2 or 1 second "behind". Most noticeable with menu selections. Anyone else experienced this? I can't really tell if it's just the effects or ALL sound, since it's very hard to tell if the background music "starts" later than it should. Resetting either game or TV seems to fix it, so that doesn't help narrow it down.

Hasnt happeend to me, but maybe its a PS3 version thing?

I've noticed an audio problem, and I'm trying to figure out if it's the TV, PS3, or game itself.

After a while playing (usually after winning arcade mode), the sound effects will start being 1/2 or 1 second "behind". Most noticeable with menu selections. Anyone else experienced this? I can't really tell if it's just the effects or ALL sound, since it's very hard to tell if the background music "starts" later than it should. Resetting either game or TV seems to fix it, so that doesn't help narrow it down.

No problems with my copies on either of my PS3's or TV's. I'd troubleshoot the cable (HDMI?) and the game disc though if it fixes itself after you adjust your Tv it should rule out the game. Only on SFIV though?

Dagnamit... I just ordered me a standard edition version on the bay for a decent price... I hope I'm not so unlucky. Anyone here having issues with theirs?

BTW, I just want to vent about how cheap some Zangief players are.... the next one on my list are the Blanka players... Thnx.

From looking at the innards of the standard version, looks like that washer will sooner or later destroy the PCB even if you don't notice problems. Many have discovered this. I'd swap the stick out with a Sanwa or Seimitsu. Good thing is it happens to be a very easy swap.

And how are the 'gief and Blanka players cheap in IV? You're not using Ken are you? :p

I actually have been using Ken, even though I was never a huge SF fan before this, I always liked the character. Still, I may graduate to Akuma now that I have him. He seems pretty complex and I'm still learning the ins and outs, so that may not be a smart move.

I actually have been using Ken, even though I was never a huge SF fan before this, I always liked the character. Still, I may graduate to Akuma now that I have him. He seems pretty complex and I'm still learning the ins and outs, so that may not be a smart move.
If you master Ryu, all the other Hadouken flingers only take a bit of adjusting to master. Akuma is downright cheap (I'm talking Seth cheap) in the hands of an expert.

Totally. Those are two worst I've encountered online. Ken/Ryu spammers have nothing on those two. Its either Zangief's powerbombs/throws or Blanka's electric shock.

Last night online fights: Ken, Ken, Ryu, Ken, Ryu, and maybe a Gouken etc.. this is getting ridiculous

Now Ken is my favorite, always will be, but come on people expand your horizons. I barely play as him online because its gets so boring.

BTW Capcom's info for unlocking Gouken worked. I beat him with....Ken lol

Last night online fights: Ken, Ken, Ryu, Ken, Ryu, and maybe a Gouken etc.. this is getting ridiculous

Now Ken is my favorite, always will be, but come on people expand your horizons.

I know what ya mean. But when I'm playing ranked matches, I have to go with the guys I'm best with: Ken, Ryu, and Guile

Player matches, on the other hand, are more fun because I can use characters I'm not so great at without fear of losing skill points.

No problems with my copies on either of my PS3's or TV's. I'd troubleshoot the cable (HDMI?) and the game disc though if it fixes itself after you adjust your Tv it should rule out the game. Only on SFIV though?

It's still "after I beat arcade mode". If I am using someone I normally don't, and it takes me a LONG time to beat arcade mode---I have normal sound all that while, until I win and get back to the title screen.

If I take Ken on easy, then I only have 5 mins of "normal sound"--after I win, sound's messed up.

It MAY be the TV, my TV model has been known to have audio issues--but AFAIK it's only ever been echoes/distotions, not "weird delays related to beating Seth". (and I've never had an issue until this week)

I wish there was a way to end the game without resetting the system. (selecting quit game will effectively reboot the system--it seems restting the signal itself is the solution--whether it's the TV or system that "interrupts" the signal)

I'm going to try just training/challenges for a while, and see how long I can go---then try arcade just to "prove" that's it.

PS----HDMI, monoprice. Blue. 6ft.

After giving this game some more serious playing I have to say, I hate hate hate the 360 controller for this game. It's amazing when you are trying to do some of the most simple moves and your character just jumps up and down for 20 seconds. So I'd say an arcade stick is worth the investment and I'll be getting one.

Game is still lots of fun though, really love Akuma so far.

So wait, I just tried that with Ken, and had a couple of perfect rounds, but still didnt get akuma. playing on easiest and with 1 roudn matches: Does that mena i need to get perfect EVERY ROUND? like 10 perfects or whatever, including against Seth?

I got both Akuma and Gouken the first time trying.

The method on gamefaqs.com worked.

Setting it to easiest and one round works well. Just make sure you're using your best (or cheapest) character. You'll have an easier time getting the perfects early on. Also, to be safe, end as many matches as you can with an Ultra.

Use this method to unlock both of them....except Akuma must be used to unlock Gouken.

I got both Akuma and Gouken the first time trying.

The method on gamefaqs.com worked.

Setting it to easiest and one round works well. Just make sure you're using your best (or cheapest) character. You'll have an easier time getting the perfects early on. Also, to be safe, end as many matches as you can with an Ultra.

Use this method to unlock both of them....except Akuma must be used to unlock Gouken.

After beating the game with Akuma, you can use any character that you beat the game with to unlock Gouken. I used Ken to unlock him.

thanx DA.

Edited by bandit29

You can use any character that you beat the game with to unlock Gouken. I used Ken to unlock him.
Really? Thx, that's good to know.

Somebody should've corrected gamefaqs by now.

Gouken Complete the game with Akuma. Then (in single round matches) get at least 1 perfect, 3 Ultra Finishes, 5 first attacks and don't use any continues.
5 first attacks! Didn't notice that til now.

Got him this morning (Gouken) Wound up with like 3 perfects, 4 ultra finishes and first attacks on almost every match. So more than enough to meet the requirements. I was kinda shocked, I wasn't expecting to get him right off.

I also found a use for Zangief. I'm not really a fan of the guy, but the AI is dumb enough to get continuously owned by his Lariat moves. It makes the endurance challenge mode or w/e completely trivial. I'll probably go in with Akuma tonight and put some actual effort in there, but to just get the costumes, Gief worked wonders.

Edit: Also, the best way is to go 1 round matches. You cannot lose a round if you ratchet up the rounds per match and the requirements get higher. Also be sure to have beaten arcade with Akuma as well before you go through your unlock playthrough.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

I tried to get into a match with Snow Infernus from the Capcom Unity boards today since it was PAC friday for PS3 users.

If you see me on send me an invite I will always accept...if I'm taking awhile it just means I'm in a fight and will be there asap.

Poor Ken Masters, your rep is being destroyed by so many awful players! I mean seriously how many times can I throw someone to the ground after you spam the fierce Shoryuken. And those who use lag switches...it won't help you if all you do is jump at me then go into a fierce shoryuken.

My current BP is 1500

My primary is Chunny

post-7075-1235795645_thumb.jpg

post-7075-1235795937_thumb.jpg

Edited by Isamu Starkiller

And here's what to do to unlock the hidden characters:

[Can unlock with one-round matches on the easiest difficulty level]

Sakura: Clear with Ryu

Cammy: Clear with C. Viper

Dan: Clear with Sakura

Fei-Long: Clear with Abel

Gen: Clear with Chun-Li

Rose: Clear with Dictator

Gouki/Akuma: After unlocking the above six, defeat Gouki

[For one-round matches: At least one perfect, no continues]

Gouken: After finishing the game with Gouki, defeat Gouken with any character

[For one-round matches: at least one perfect, no continues, at least two Ultra finishes]

Seth: Clear with all other characters

I bought the Ryu figure from NECA. I'm not a fan of the art style in the game, and the figure takes after that, however the figure itself turned out fine. Articulation is great, and it is quite sturdy. Mine had a stuck elbow, which took a while to free, and that's my primary issue with it. Other than that it is fun to pose on the desk. I hope NECA makes figures styled after SSF2Turbo, 3rd Strike, or the Alpha series, as I prefer the style from those as opposed to the steroid enhanced look of IV.

Been racking up points against the Zangief players. It's funny how I now get comments that I'm cheap when I'm using Akuma to teleport away when they get too close and use the multiple fire ball tecnique to keep them away. karma.... hah!