Yamato SV-51γ Nora type

UN Spacy

i said "a lot", not the whole continent nor a whole group, plus "a lot" has no real numeric value.

where am i going with this? not sure. :D:p

i've had plenty of good transactions with overseas vendors and i've had plenty of good transactions with US vendors. but like eugimon pointed out, US vendors don't act like they're doing you a favor when you're shopping with them, while a lot/few/many/couple/handful of overseas vendors do. sometimes a US seller might get the best of you but a US Seller is different from a US vendor.

i.e. the seller "iwillshaftyou" on ebay might give you some trouble, but the vendor "ihavearealstorefool" on ebay will probably treat you right. :D

My bad.

By the way, are you joking about those ebay names? iwillshaftyou?!! that is just too funny!!!

My bad.

By the way, are you joking about those ebay names? iwillshaftyou?!! that is just too funny!!!

no reason for apologies my man! :)

i'm almost always joking around. the way you know i'm being serious is when you see one of these :mellow: at the end of my posts. :D

Does anyone know if there is any chance to getting a review to any of the SV-51 releases as there will be at least three variants? It seems like some of the issues that concerned the Ivanov release may or may not have been resolved in the Nora release.

My 1st Ivanov had all the problems, my 2nd Ivanov had half the problems and my Nora had none of the problems. It seems as if the Noras are the way to go. And they look a lot outstanding to boot.

Edited by sqidd

damn just completed my payment request from hlj for the nora type. ems shipping is expensive making these toys even more expensive. i think at some point i may have to stop collecting or just focus on macross stuff.

Hi

Thanks for writing. First of all, let me apologize yet again for sending a mass email. With the slowdown, my mailbox is overflowing, and I need to let you all know what is happening as soon as possible.

Please read the below email carefully, and then check your account, using the Account Maintenance system. If the problem is not solved, and if it is not something you can do using the Account Maintenance system, then please contact me again. Please put ATTN: KENNARD in the subject line so I can answer you more quickly.

We are very sorry about the delays you have been experiencing. Following our move into a larger warehouse, we are experiencing a rougher than expected shakedown, and Murphy's Law is in full force. This means that everything is actually moving slower than usual - although this is a temporary state. Everyone is working hard to get the problems fixed, and once all the bugs are worked out, the overall process should become much faster.

We were finally able to process orders for payment yesterday - the first time in over a week. This should get most of your orders moving, and we will process them through shipping as quickly as possible. At this stage, we cannot guarantee that SAL packages will arrive by Christmas, although EMS packages should still make it, unless they run into problems with customs.

Again, we are very sorry for the delays. We think that in the long run, this will make things much better for our customers, and we appreciate your patience while we are putting things together.

Thank you very much for shopping with HobbyLink Japan!

Good enough for me. I even replied back to them saying thanks, lol Probably prefer not the thanks coz i'd just add to the overflooding of their e-box again. :p :P :p My e-mail i sent them was nice and to the point. Politeness goes a long way! :)

besides, it's not like i'm dealing with Treasure Island Sports inc... never again. :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Only problem i've ever had with them is the continuing saga of not combining orders logically, but it's something everyone of us just needs to except wih them. Protocols suck.

I got a few other things combined with my SV-51 coming soon, that's like 50 something US worth of EMS.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Good enough for me. I even replied back to them saying thanks, lol Probably prefer not the thanks coz i'd just add to the overflooding of their e-box again. :p :P :p My e-mail i sent them was nice and to the point. Politeness goes a long way! :)

besides, it's not like i'm dealing with Treasure Island Sports inc... never again. :lol:

Meh, if they really appreciate their customers patience they should offer a discount to those that stuck with them even when there were cheaper and faster solutions in Ebay.

Angolz, a Hong Kong based online store, gave me a 10% discount on my next purchase because of a misshap they had so Asian companies really can do other things besides the very easy to type "we are sorry".

Long ago I accepted ocombining orders with HLJ is a miracle but doing such a big change in their instalations just before X-mas season was not a really good move for the consumer.

HLJ is a fantastic company.

It's always tough to move to a new wharehouse/system - add to this the fact that it's Christmas.

I've been extremely pleased with the service. Prompt, efficient, lighting fast and alway courteous. Plus prices you can't beat.

VFTF1

They also finally replied to (one of) my email(s) and were very apologetic and polite. They offered to change my order to make up for it which was very nice and sent me a new payment request for the changed order. However they did not change the order completely correctly but I do appreciate their willingness to comprimise.

So, now I feel just a little bit bad for talking Sh!T about them. I will probably continue to buy from them in the future but perhaps more selectively.

It was definitely a really bad idea for them to change locations just before the holiday season. I am sure that they are freaking out!!

my guess would be that a HLJ employee lurks here, noticed the influx of hate from several people, he contacted whoever is in charge over there so a simple spark doesn't break out into an inferno.

if you look for macrossworld on a map, you'll notice its in the center of the universe and everything else revolves around it. B))

my guess would be that a HLJ employee lurks here, noticed the influx of hate from several people, he contacted whoever is in charge over there so a simple spark doesn't break out into an inferno.

if you look for macrossworld on a map, you'll notice its in the center of the universe and everything else revolves around it. B))

Well take one time i directly used one of their images and i got a warning from a fellow from hlj.com.

Of course they are here. :-) I say welcome, and hope they endevor to keep us happy little customers. :D

btw my payment was received and my order is being processed for shipping. Good stuff!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

HLJ is a fantastic company.

It's always tough to move to a new wharehouse/system - add to this the fact that it's Christmas.

I've been extremely pleased with the service. Prompt, efficient, lighting fast and alway courteous. Plus prices you can't beat.

VFTF1

Hmm....your experiences with HLJ must have been very different to mine. I've always found HLJ to be snails pace slow. Experience has taught me if you want anything in a hurry, never, ever order from HLJ as they are the slowest company I have ever dealt with at processing orders.

Graham

Hmm....your experiences with HLJ must have been very different to mine. I've always found HLJ to be snails pace slow. Experience has taught me if you want anything in a hurry, never, ever order from HLJ as they are the slowest company I have ever dealt with at processing orders.

Graham

Yep - my experience with HLJ is very different :)

VFTF1

I've never had a problem with HLJ.com over the last five years I've been doing business with them.

Their last shipment which was sent thru SAL shipping only took 9 (that's right NINE) days.

That's even faster than EMS and the package was just as pristine.

Maybe you guys are just unlucky.

Graham

its pretty sad considering you actually live on that side of the globe yet it still takes them forever.

IIRC, the only thing i ordered from them was the aoshima dropship and APC. it got here fast but the box was all jacked, the flaps were torn, dents to every corner, etc. then i was informed that HLJ doesn't care about nor guarantee box conditions. basically i felt like they picked out he worst one and sent it out to me. i haven't ordered from them since.

its pretty sad considering you actually live on that side of the globe yet it still takes them forever.

IIRC, the only thing i ordered from them was the aoshima dropship and APC. it got here fast but the box was all jacked, the flaps were torn, dents to every corner, etc. then i was informed that HLJ doesn't care about nor guarantee box conditions. basically i felt like they picked out he worst one and sent it out to me. i haven't ordered from them since.

My experiences have also been somewhat differant. I order from HLJ alot so I'm very familiar with them. I've always recieved my ordered items, in very good condition, and in a relativly quick time. I'm patcient so I 've never really been bothered by the slow turn around times. So I find them to be a reliable and trusted source. But I find the're order status system, and lack of any ability to combine or control orders to reduce shipping, an archaec and annoying setup. I consistiently recieve multipule items shipped in the same week in seperate boxes (within 1-2 days apart) that could easily have been shipped together. When using EMS it really adds up.

I've only had one good experience, but shipping took a month to get to me. The CDs were in very good condition, as was the box. That was all I can say though.

First experience, HLJ took my money and refused to give it back. Too much hassle for $100 USD, so I left it. That was back in high school, though, so they have improved, but not by much.

I just got this from LOS

2.06.07 - Coming Soon

Arriving Tuesday, December 11th is Macross Zero 1/60 SV-51 Nora Type. With the same features, weapons, and accessories as Ivanov's SV-51 this Anti-U.N. variable fighter can switch between three modes: Fighter, Gerwalk, and Battroid. Nora's SV-51 is personalized in reddish-purple with gold stripes. A special base is included for displaying all three modes. Pre-orders will be processed Sunday, December 9th.

I ordered from an ebay seller almost 2 weeks ago now, because I wanted them damn thing ASAP.

I guess I should have listened to Yoda.

Very excited! Just got my Nora type yesterday. It looks absolutely stunning with the dark magenta coloring and Tampo'd "bird of prey" markings. I'd even go so far as to say it's probably the second best color scheme/design next to the VF-1A Low-Vis 1. Also, everything is snugger than the first run Ivanov.

speaking of hlj's business i got the payment request on the 3rd and i received the package express mail today in california. i'd say that is pretty quick. i've never had problems with hlj for several years now and all of the packages are perfect. now it's a matter of finding some room to store the nora.

Edited by sh002