HLJ has new pictures for the Escaflowne

GobotFool

sorry but it's soooooo ugly

i cant understand how people like this "mecha"

Its not ugly, its different. Also Kawamori designed it, and it transforms, and not only does it transform it transforms into a dragon ;) That sold me on it ;)

Any idea why he's getting them for so much less than the direct Japanese yen conversion rate?

Actually unless something changed, the price point was at $50. I have a pre-order up at Twinmoons for somewehere in the mid $40 range. I am not sure where HLJ got that 7800 yen price.

IIRC, the price point for toys released in Japan has always been traditionally higher for the same item with a Domestic release.

It's only because the Escaflowne is being released Stateside by Toycom that it can sell for so much less.

Otherwise if Valk Exchange, Twinmoons and other e-Tailers were to import this item (so it would be Yamato's name on the box as opposed to Toycom's) the price would be more in line with the 7800 Yen that HLJ is charging.

-b.

Any idea why he's getting them for so much less than the direct Japanese yen conversion rate?

Actually unless something changed, the price point was at $50. I have a pre-order up at Twinmoons for somewehere in the mid $40 range. I am not sure where HLJ got that 7800 yen price.

IIRC, the price point for toys released in Japan has always been traditionally higher for the same item with a Domestic release.

It's only because the Escaflowne is being released Stateside by Toycom that it can sell for so much less.

Otherwise if Valk Exchange, Twinmoons and other e-Tailers were to import this item (so it would be Yamato's name on the box as opposed to Toycom's) the price would be more in line with the 7800 Yen that HLJ is charging.

-b.

no he is gettign japense version for preporders

ali

I got to handle a painted test shot last week for about half an hour. The paint application on the toy is very nice.

From what I recall, a lot of the lower leg is die-cast, most other parts are ABS.

The toy is insanely complicated with more joints, hinges etc than a dozen VF-1 toys added together :o However, despite the complexity, it did appear quite sturdy.

Without access to the instruction manual, which I think is not ready yet, I gave up trying to transform the toy.

Graham

A transforming Escaflowne toy/product really doesn't look right. Well, the fact that it transforms via semi-morphing, probably shows why it's like that. BTW Graham, did the folks at Yamato mention anything about the transformation design being borrowed from Studio Halfeye? It really looks like Studio Halfeye's version, so I was just wondering.

Despite the fact that I said it doesn't look right, I think I'll pick one up. :)

I got to handle a painted test shot last week for about half an hour. The paint application on the toy is very nice.

From what I recall, a lot of the lower leg is die-cast, most other parts are ABS.

The toy is insanely complicated with more joints, hinges etc than a dozen VF-1 toys added together :o However, despite the complexity, it did appear quite sturdy.

Without access to the instruction manual, which I think is not ready yet, I gave up trying to transform the toy.

Graham

Graham since you were just at yamato any word on if the votom line is still being pursued? Any word on when its gonna be out?

A transforming Escaflowne toy/product really doesn't look right. Well, the fact that it transforms via semi-morphing, probably shows why it's like that. BTW Graham, did the folks at Yamato mention anything about the transformation design being borrowed from Studio Halfeye? It really looks like Studio Halfeye's version, so I was just wondering.

Despite the fact that I said it doesn't look right, I think I'll pick one up. :)

I think the Yamato Escaflowne, is heavily based on the SHE version, but with some difference of course, like the addition of ratcheted joints.

And before some of you start screaming about Yamato ripping off SHEs design, this is not correct as Yamato has licensed the design from SHE and employes them as technical consultants.

Graham

Graham since you were just at yamato any word on if the votom line is still being pursued? Any word on when its gonna be out?

What I have heard that it is still being pursued, but it currently undergoing a a redesign based on feedback from the license holder.

Graham

sorry but it's soooooo ugly

i cant understand how people like this "mecha"

Its not ugly, its different. Also Kawamori designed it, and it transforms, and not only does it transform it transforms into a dragon ;) That sold me on it ;)

It's not because it's Kawamori who designed it that it's great ...

Moreover about the transformation into a dragon, I think the transformation is "like the getter robot" :p :P , (if you want to have a dragon which look like a dragon and not a heap of bones pasted together like in a museum ) I'd prefer see a good dragon toys and a good "robot" toys

Anyways, I like this anime in spite of the macross+ pinochio nose syndrom and the weird mecha :)

Something happens in the show once and also in the movie where the suit turns black for a short while. Looked pretty cool like that actually.

I still cannot recommend the series enough for those who have not seen it. Great show. The movie was good too, just a little rushed, but still well executed.

I look forward to getting my figure, it looks pretty well done.

Edited by Anubis