Transformer Super Thread 6

I've honestly never painted with computer before. Here's my first try at good ole' Optimus:

prime_final.jpg

I know it's amateurish, but I had fun making it :p

Thats not bad at all. Did you do the line art as well, or was this just a coloring job?

Thats not bad at all. Did you do the line art as well, or was this just a coloring job?

Yeah, that's my line art. I used a fan-made paint program at KUPIKA.com to draw this Prime. You can see an animated MOVIE showing how I drew it at:

http://kupika.com/animoekaki.php?id=c47a2b5b9bc2f9asqg3n

I'm just learning how to draw on computer; I never really have until now. That website has little 10 year olds that draw like seasoned pros. Check out their artworks (mostly anime girls). I am at awe in the wake of their talents. I wish I could draw like them.

My Prime isn't really accurate to the cartoon. It's just how I remember parts of Op from my head. I know I think the forehead vent thing is too big, the helmet is inaccurate, and there's too much "face" space around his eyes or something. And I don't even know if his ears (antennae) are right. I can't ever remember if Prime has one set or two sets of antennae. This attempt at G1 Prime from my head isn't accurate; cuz I've never bothered to learn G1 Prime officially. Lazy.

Edited by redemption

All I know is that they're giving Powerglide glowy nipples and that's just wrong. :blink:

I agree, Powerglide's robot mode just looks ... meh. :mellow: I need to see how this guy looks in colour.

Got my Animated Bulkhead today. Looks great in alt mode but I wont have a chance to transform it until I get off work. I'll try to take some pics later. Seems like a pretty solid toy.

Nice. Looking forward to seeing pics and hearing what you think of him eriku!!

Bulkhead is AWESOME. I haven't had this much fun with a Transformer in years. He looks wonderful in both modes and has a very fluid and intuitive transformation. He's very, very sturdy, like he stepped out of the 80's. Articulation is fantastic, even in his stubby legs. I might find more to say later, but right now I'ma gonna go play some more. Enjoy the pics. :)

post-430-1201929172_thumb.jpg

post-430-1201929178_thumb.jpg

post-430-1201929183_thumb.jpg

post-430-1201929187_thumb.jpg

post-430-1201929192_thumb.jpg

post-430-1201929204_thumb.jpg

post-430-1201929211_thumb.jpg

post-430-1201929218_thumb.jpg

post-430-1201929224_thumb.jpg

post-430-1201929228_thumb.jpg

Bulkhead reminds me of a Sharkticon

Sharkticon1a.jpg

and also that guy named "Crunch" from the MIGHTY ORBOTS:

orbots_awe_sk2.jpg

The left arm does that. It has a button on the forearm that releases the "wrecking ball".

I thought some might find this amusing. Real World Bulkhead:

BulkheadRW.jpg

Wow, thanks for that photo! I wonder if that's roughly what they were going for or if it's just coincidence. As for the lever, it's sort of a mystery to me because all it does is move the forearm from a straight to bent position...which really isn't any kind of special feature, especially since it's actually harder to move the arm into that position with the lever than it is to just do it manually.

The wrecking ball release lever is fantastic because it's the same color as the rest of Bulkhead and pushes down flush with the arm when not in use. You hardly know it's there until you pop it up to eject the wrecking ball. The wrecking ball itself ejects with some pretty good force, but the string it's attached to is relatively short so it wont go far. I'm tempted to remove the string and see how far the ball shoots.

Your Bulkhead looks very khaki-drab compared to all the green ones I've seen (he's a cross between Hunter green and Olive Drab in the cartoon, and most of the toys I've seen have matched that pretty well...) weird. It looks good tho.

It's probably the relatively soft one-directional lighting I use. He's very green.

So basically his right arm has a "Smashfist" action feature like Snarl (Of Beast Machines) does. He only has one wrecking ball that lauches out on a "cable" right?

When I get my Animated Starscream in this coming week I'll post a review.

Yeah, smashing lever on one arm and wrecking ball on the other. Another thing I forgot to mention is the shoulders are on springs so the sort of swing around into place during transformation. And when you slide the chest into place it automatically brings the head around into place. Basically it's some really smooth and unobtrusive automorph. Not necessary at all, but fun nonetheless.

I can't wait to add the new Revoltech Rodimus to my Hot Rod/Rodimuii collection ....

Is that tiny HotRod on the left the one that comes with Star Convoy?

That new Powerglide is a great interpretation. I love this new line to bits. It's how TFs should have been done.

I still hope for a chance of the Botcon Exclusives to be modified and mass produced.

I'm also very impressed at the new Prowl. He manages to hide away those shoulder cannons in Alternate mode, quite a feat. Classics usually have their weapons attached to them and for the most part hidden, I'm really interested in how the transformation is going to go.

Octane also looks fantastic, I like this version of the land vehicle better, it's like an armoured APC, well, sorta.

Good chance TakaraTomy will redeco Starscream and Ramjet into Thundercracker and Dirge, rather than Hasbro doing it. They don't need to honour any exclusivity agreements Hasbro made.

Not sure if they'll go to the trouble of making new wings for Thrust, though (Botcon new tooling parts are paid for by the convention organiser, and the cheaper aluminium toolings are likely degraded by now).

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Except for the fact that A-10's aren't silver, and don't have red trim...

It's no more "realistic" than making a purple firetruck. Sure, SOME trucks are purple, but not firetrucks. SOME jets are silver with red accents, but not A-10's...

Was the thread temporarily locked bc/ you were made SO ANGRY by my lack of Warthog knowledge :lol:

Bare metal with red trim could at least work a little better than all primer-red... it'd look like stuff out of Mechwarrior, when new 'Mechs come off the assembly line in bare metal with red panel-line markinsh.

I'd personally LOVE to see Powerglide in olive drab (or whatever the name is for the real-world green colors I've seen A-10's in). I'm a sucker for mechs and bots in that color, which is one of the reasons I love Animated Bulkhead so much.

Edited by eriku

I have no idea why it was locked, I came by and re-opened it when I saw it was locked. If I was really nosy, I could check the admin logs and probably see who closed it and when.

Excluding a few one-off experiments, A-10's have carried two schemes:

3-tone "European 1" scheme. 2 shades of green (one rather 'evergreen' and another being a more olive version of olive drab) and a VERY dark grey. (same shade of grey on a Jolly Rogers tail, when they don't use pure black) Used from the 70's through Desert Storm.

2-tone "compass ghost" scheme. Your standard 2-tone light grey found throughout the world, from F-15's to Gripens. Post Desert Storm to now.

Except for the fact that A-10's aren't silver, and don't have red trim...

It's no more "realistic" than making a purple firetruck. Sure, SOME trucks are purple, but not firetrucks. SOME jets are silver with red accents, but not A-10's...

I beg to differ. Not about the A-10, but about purple firetrucks. SOME firetrucks are indeed purple. For the record, I live in Greensburg, PA, a city between Latrobe and Pittsburgh. Nearby is a little town called Grapeville. And Grapeville's firetrucks are, in fact, purple.

post-187-1202083329_thumb.jpg

Ok. :p But asides from "temporarily stripped bare for heavy maintenance work" I have yet to see a bare metal A-10. And NEVER one painted silver. The whole "bare metal military jet" thing kinda ended with the Century series. (Thus the reason the Thunderbirds now paint their planes white, when for many years they were bare metal)

PS--is that really a fireTRUCK? Looks a lot like it's based off the same thing that movie Ironhide is, just the Chevy instead of GMC version.

Maybe I should have said metallic orange with yellow wheels and teal fuel tanks. (which I HAVE seen on a semi, but am even more sure no fire department uses)

Maybe I should have said metallic orange with yellow wheels and teal fuel tanks. (which I HAVE seen on a semi, but am even more sure no fire department uses)

Apparently there is a city in Florida that has pink fire trucks. A buddy of mine who's on a local FD here said he was offered a job with said FD in FL and declined for that reason alone.