The PlayStation 3 Thread 80GB Edition

Gaijin

Warhawk is fun for instant online mayhem. Choose the right server or start your own and it's pretty lag free. Motorstorm is great for dirty off road racing fun.

Walmart Warhawk deal....isn't one. I'm thinking they mispackaged my box with 2 headsets since all other sites I've found online only mention 1 headset per box.

Also....LAIR on PSP! via remote play.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/play-lair-on-...-psp-295886.php

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/lair-playin...sp2k-295887.php

Warhawk is fun for instant online mayhem. Choose the right server or start your own and it's pretty lag free. Motorstorm is great for dirty off road racing fun.

Walmart Warhawk deal....isn't one. I'm thinking they mispackaged my box with 2 headsets since all other sites I've found online only mention 1 headset per box.

Also....LAIR on PSP! via remote play.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/play-lair-on-...-psp-295886.php

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/lair-playin...sp2k-295887.php

Thanks for the nfo. I'll pass on Lair since since I don't want to update my psp.

Ok...so I bought a 60GB system on Saturday from Best buy. Then Circuit city comes out with a 10% off any purchase over $199 good Through monday. Best buy refuses to pricematch. So now I gotta switch all my settings and redownload some demos before I take the other one back.. Freaking sucks.

I don't know about your local Circuit City, but the units in my area have a restriction on the 10% discount, and that limitation applies to all video game consoles...

I don't think all that hassle is worth 50 bucks to me. YMMV.

Definitely recommend Warhawk, though. Good easy fun. Not quite as good with infantry as BF2, but still damned fun.

I don't think all that hassle is worth 50 bucks to me. YMMV.

Definitely recommend Warhawk, though. Good easy fun. Not quite as good with infantry as BF2, but still damned fun.

Hey taking it back saved me $50. I bought warhawk with the $50 and a 10% off coupon from circuit city.

For those still looking to buy.

Circuit city is still honoring the 10% off any purchase of $199 through tonight. So you save $50 on the PS3. Then if you buy one accessory you get a free membership to their games club for a year. This usually costs $20 but gives you 10% off any games or accessories you buy for PC or any game platform for the next year. The accessory I picked up is a USB adaptor allows me to use my old PS2 controllers and guitar hero guitar on the PS3. Pelican makes it and it's $15. Pretty good deal I think.

Cheers.

Hey taking it back saved me $50. I bought warhawk with the $50 and a 10% off coupon from circuit city.

For those still looking to buy.

Circuit city is still honoring the 10% off any purchase of $199 through tonight. So you save $50 on the PS3. Then if you buy one accessory you get a free membership to their games club for a year. This usually costs $20 but gives you 10% off any games or accessories you buy for PC or any game platform for the next year. The accessory I picked up is a USB adaptor allows me to use my old PS2 controllers and guitar hero guitar on the PS3. Pelican makes it and it's $15. Pretty good deal I think.

Cheers.

is this a regional thing? The website and my local CC makes no mention of the 10% off thing.

is this a regional thing? The website and my local CC makes no mention of the 10% off thing.

Maybe, I got an e-mail ad from CC with a print your own coupon for 10% off any purchase $199 and up. They had been honoring them all day.

Edited by jwinges

So I played some warhawk last night and used the bluetooth headset. I didn't hear a lot of chatter. I think I heard one person asking if his was on. I checked my chat settings and they are ok.

Are you guys hearing other people through your headsets when playing Warhawk? Or did most people just download it and don't have the headset?

I've only used my headset once. I'll probably synch up and use my regular cell phone headset as I hate the earpiece on the Jabra that came with Warhawk.

You know...we should see if the mods will allow us to sticky a PS3 game sale/trade thread. These $59 game prices are rediculous. Even though 1/2 off is typical on ebay there's no guarantee that the discs will be in decent condition. Same with Gamefly...I bought Madden 07 ($9)for the wii from them but it was scratched to crap. Still works fine though.

The latest PSN updates. I'll be buying that ninja gaiden add-on :ph34r:

Leading this week's offerings are add-on packs for Evolution Studios' dirt racer MotorStorm and Team Ninja's action game Ninja Gaiden Sigma. The MotorStorm Weekend Add-On Pack includes a new track, four new vehicles, nine additional races, and a new online mode and is available for $5.99. The new vehicles waiting to be caked with mud are the Wakazashi Razor bike, Wombat Mudslide ATV, Atlast Varjack mudplugger, and Atlas Arizona big rig. Each vehicle is also available as a stand-alone download for $0.99.

Also available is the Ninja Gaiden Sigma Weapons Master Add-On for $2.99. The first of three planned updates, the Weapons Master pack augments the game with five survival modes.

The PlayStation 3's growing pile of game demos also expands by two this week. Though the full version of Midway's Stranglehold was pushed back to September 25, the free trial can now be had on the PSN. EA Sports is also passing off its third demo in two weeks to the service with a trial of NBA Live 08. NBA Live 08 will officially take the court October 2.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6178354.html?...newstop;title;3

Can anyone tell me if there's a way to play 2 player on the motorstorm demo...or any of the other racing demo's? THanks.

Motorstorm is one player. Not sure about other demos.

I got my copy of Warhawk. It's awesome & easy to play

Motorstorm is one player. Not sure about other demos.

I got my copy of Warhawk. It's awesome & easy to play

I'm loving warhawk. The rank system is kina funny though. I won a couple of medals and jumped 2 ranks without earning the requisite points. This is so much better than Halo 2.

I've beat official mode with all people now in DWGundam. I'm now working on original mode. The storyline is beyond retarded in original, but it's pretty fun. Glad I got to play as Epyon!

I think I have maybe five pilots left to finish original mode, official mode already done. I've got 96 missions played, over 45 hours, and over 50,000 kills. It's obsessive on the Xbox 360, because they spaced out the Achievements just enough that that you feel you're only a few more missions from unlocking another (ex, the next one I'll get is for 100 missions, followed by completing it with everyone in original mode).

OK...I'm torn as to which game to get.

Dynasty warriors gundam....BTW is there online play?

---or---

Heavenly sword

I'd go with Heavenly Sword over Gundam but that's because I'm not into Gundam. :lol: Rent both or try the demos of both first and see which you like better.

I say Heavenly Sword(s) because.....what the HELL is TWING TWANG?!?!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/v...and-Other-Stuff

I really want to know what Twing Twang is also. I'm leaning toward heavenly sword since I'm betting the gundam game will start going for cheap on ebay sooner than Heavenly sword. Hell I bought gundam crossfire for $9 the other day on ebay.

Well. Gundam will definitely give you more hours of play time! Geez, this Jerid guy is wicked. What series is he from?

Z Gundam.

Hell I bought gundam crossfire for $9 the other day on ebay.

And you still got ripped off. I seriously can't believe Bandai picks that steaming pile of dookie to bring over to America, but the awesome Gundam Battle series for PSP never made it. It's like Bandai wants Americans to hate Gundam...

Rumor has it there are more price cuts on the way for the PS3 as well as a new 400 dollar SKU.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/10/mole-sa...holiday-season/

That would be nice but don't expect anymore of the ps2 chip to be around. I'm happy with the $450 I paid for mine 60GB. I think its kind of funny that they even show you in the directions how to upgrade the hard drive. I'd like to toss a 500GB or Terabyte drive in there.

That would be nice but don't expect anymore of the ps2 chip to be around. I'm happy with the $450 I paid for mine 60GB. I think its kind of funny that they even show you in the directions how to upgrade the hard drive. I'd like to toss a 500GB or Terabyte drive in there.

well, if the price cuts do happen, I think MS will have to do something interesting to keep the 360 competetive. They may have the game title advantage for now but when ps3 has a stable of A list titles AND blu-ray, the shine off of Halo 3 is going to get dim real fast.

well, if the price cuts do happen, I think MS will have to do something interesting to keep the 360 competetive. They may have the game title advantage for now but when ps3 has a stable of A list titles AND blu-ray, the shine off of Halo 3 is going to get dim real fast.

I'm really shocked that Sony doesn't promote their online play more. Especially the fact that it is free. I think it works better than xboxes also in that I have seen absolutely no lag in warhawk even with 32 players playing.

can somebody explain what all the 720p,1080i,1080p mean? i have a 47inch 1080p tv, but i hate going into the ps3 to change the settings to play one game(720p rainbow 6) and a diffrent resolution for another (warhawk 1080i) i tried wiki-ing it but i just fell asleep trying to understand it, can somebody give me a simple way to understand it? thanks

the number indicates the number of vertical pixels and the "i" indicates interlaced and "p" means progressive.

Interlaced means your TV draws odd and even number pixels in alternating fashion and your brain stitches it into a moving picture, progressive means that every pixel has the potential for being redrawn at the same time.