Harry Pottter and the order of the phoenix

Saw it today myself. Honestly I liked the other films better. What hurts this one is that book itself was far to large for a single film. If anything the film should have been a lot longer. The movie is 2 hours and 18 minutes. It should have at least been three hours if not just touching a 4 hour mark to make the story flow a LOT better.

Though they could only do so much I think to keep the time frame reasonable. There is just so much story. The book this is adapted from is close to 900 pages long. I understand not having it all for a live action movie. It just isn't possible and I understand changing things around as well. It works out for the best. However having read the book I couldn't help but notice that certain things that would have made transition betweens better were missing. The film felt very choppy as a result and blew threw things way to quickly. It felt like a clip show at times due to how the film moved from scene to scene, event to event.

I'm not sure though if its due to the things that were left out of the film or simply bad editing. Perhaps both in the end.

It was still enjoyable for what it was worth but it if anyone really wants to enjoy this they really should take the time to read the novel. It's extremely more enjoyable on all fronts from start to finish. In fact I've started reading it again as a result.

Stories this long should be broken into two and made into an extra film. Move the plot point around to make a faux ending, add another film, make more money. Seems like an easy equation to me... but I'm glad I'm not the one having to do it. I'm no Harry Potter guy, never read the books, but I've enjoyed the movies so far. I always like hearing people who have read the books comments and then contrasting them against completely un-initiated people like myself's opion.

Eh, I've always hated how crappy the wizards are in Harry Potter. Weak spells reused over and over again. Plus every single time, it's all about Harry having "love and friendship" in his life. Love and friendship make a good wizard? Pff, what a joke. If Voldemort really wanted to kill Harry, he would have bought a damn gun.

I haven't read the books, but damn, this is getting old.

Saw it today myself. Honestly I liked the other films better. What hurts this one is that book itself was far to large for a single film. If anything the film should have been a lot longer. The movie is 2 hours and 18 minutes. It should have at least been three hours if not just touching a 4 hour mark to make the story flow a LOT better.

My friends and I were talking about this earlier tonight.

The movies could easily be 3 hours long and people would still sit through them multiple times.

People liked Titanic enough to do it. Why not a good genre?

My friends and I were talking about this earlier tonight.

The movies could easily be 3 hours long and people would still sit through them multiple times.

People liked Titanic enough to do it. Why not a good genre?

I would have like to have seen it broken up into 2 films with a simultaneous release...or even make them 2 weeks apart. They'd have made a ton more money and would have had a better film.

My main problem was that the movie is good in it's parts, but the whole leaves much to be desired. While the previous films, especially 3 and 4, cut out the excess fat and then made some changes in order for it to be a coherent story, it is almost like 5 took sections of the book and filmed them without trying to bring some cohesiveness to it. IMO, this is the first movie that truly relies on the viewer having read the book first. Most people I know who like the movies but have never read the books admit they were a little confused with this one.

i havent seen it yet but it sounds to me like this would have done well if they'd done it like the Kill Bill movies and just had it split in 2 or 3

Man. People were lining up for this thing for Midnight and 3am showings in San Diego. I hope they at least got something out of it...

i havent seen it yet but it sounds to me like this would have done well if they'd done it like the Kill Bill movies and just had it split in 2 or 3

Maybe, or maybe just being a bit longer. It's based on the longest book, yet it's the shortest movie. It might've been better if there was more of a connection between the different scenes, but it just jumps so quickly...

I am guilty of not reading the novels yet, but i am in the process of ordering the whole set. (hopefully the gold covers!)

I will start reading all of them and then make more a educated judgement regarding the movie adaption.

I really liked this movie, the battle at the end was extremely well done. A bit more biff, looked kick ass.

The poor kids, people are going on about how they use the same spell over an over, but the fag teachers

aren't teaching them anything! (thanks to the ministry).

I think they did well at the end considering the lack lustre school they attend!

And that old hag got it good, she was perfectly bitcky in this movie, made me really hate her.

This movie was good! But of course the book will be better.

The way i look at it, i see some of the movies first, and when i read the book, the voice actors voices pop

up at me when i read, makes my reading more enjoyable.

Luna is very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is trippy.

Sirious better not be dead!!!!!!!!! He's the coolest!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

My main problem with it was the horses you could only see if you were dead... at the beginning everyones like wtf harry then at the end everyone has no problem what so ever jumping on these invisible horses that hagrid never showed them and fly on them to london...

My second problem was the beginning when they flew away on their brooms through london...

third problem was seamus just going hey whatever your right totally randomlly without the whole tabloid interview to persuade everyone...

and the 4th problem they didn't tell you the prophecy in detail which I'm fairly sure they did at the end of the 5th book and who told it...which makes umbridge look ever more like some stupid twit...

the parts they did do from the book were really well done though :p at insane pacing though

Hmmm harry is all grown up right now... wonder in which sequel he's gonna be layed :D

That's something my wife and I were joking about if Rowling ever decided to continue the series after book 7: Harry Potter, The College Years. See Harry in his first frat party!!! Chug! Chug! Chug!

Considering how long the book was, I was surprised at how short it was. Immense chunks of the story were taken out and I must say, compared to the others, it was not that good, but still better than most summer movies.

The order(no pun intended) that I would I would rank the 5 movies, from best to "worst" would be:

1. Prisoner Of Azkaban

2. Chamber Of Secrets

3. Goblet Of Fire

4. Philosopher's Stone

5. Order Of Phoenix

Let's just hope with the DVD release there will be heavily edited movie to fill in the gaps.

Or atleast lots of selectable scenes to see and make use of the shortened mess this movie is.

I haven't any of the DVD's... does any of them carry much deleted scenes or directors cut stuffs?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Watched it today. I'd have to rank this movie as my least favorite of the other movies (I never read the books). I think the reason I didn;t like it as much is that the kids didn't really learn something new or meet interesting people/magical creatures here. The only time the movie felt like the other movies was when the kids get together and learn spells and practice. Probably the only other memorable scene was the battle at the end which was nice. This movie felt more like Harry either pitying himself or angry back and forth.

I'm guessing since everyone says that the book was the longest, then that explains why there seemed to be a lot of missing explanation in the movie. Well maybe there will be a cliff notes on the Harry Potter books in the future. 3/5 stars for me.

What about Looney Luna? I think was was an interestingly cool new character introduced in the movie.

The uhh, forgotten her name, new twisted teacher that takes over Hogwarts was a right royal batty,

and the actor was magnicifant. And they gave Sirious more screen time in this one, and he is the coolest.

Let's just hope with the DVD release there will be heavily edited movie to fill in the gaps.

Or atleast lots of selectable scenes to see and make use of the shortened mess this movie is.

I haven't any of the DVD's... does any of them carry much deleted scenes or directors cut stuffs?

The DVD's typically have around 5-10 deleted scenes as a special feature, but they aren't integrated into the film.

I may have to see it again, but I think this one may be my least favorite of the bunch. One of the first things I said to my wife was that I truly hope they have a director's cut, or special edition, with this one, putting back in anything that they actually filmed and finished, but had to cut. It really needs it.

The DVD's typically have around 5-10 deleted scenes as a special feature, but they aren't integrated into the film.

I may have to see it again, but I think this one may be my least favorite of the bunch. One of the first things I said to my wife was that I truly hope they have a director's cut, or special edition, with this one, putting back in anything that they actually filmed and finished, but had to cut. It really needs it.

Cool thanks for the info, if enough people complain maybe they will re-work the dvd release to fix most of the

errors they made. But do it in the first Special Edition release, not later down the track after you buy the special

edition, and bring out "another" special edition after that. I HATE that. Like this 1.5 2.5 bullsh^t. X-Men!!!!!! :angry: