M+ Soundtrack on Iron Chef

kensei

I'm wondering...they did copyright payments? :p. By the way I heard macross DYRL music in a radio comercial here in México.

Copyright laws are different in different countries.

That said, I have no idea how it applies to music being used in different features here in Japan, though I suspect it has something to do with the derivative use clause of the copyright law.

Anyhow, it's pretty common to hear music and sometimes even soundeffects from other motion picture (TV, movie, etc.) properties being used in TV shows, variety shows in particular. There was one popular show last year that continued for a long time to use a one or two second music sample from Macross Zero!

Other MW members have pointed out a sound clip from Ghostbusters used in Gunbuster, I've heard the Terminator "theme" on more than one occasion, and the theme song to Iron Chef is the theme from Backdraft. (If you're a fan of Iron Chef, watch Backdraft again. When the theme starts when they show the end credits, it's a really wierd feeling! "If memory serves...")

I can beat all that, though not with sound, but image.

Lynn Minmei. In EastEnders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EastEnders). Yes, she didn't disappear mysteriously after all but hitched a ride back in time with the Doctor and now lives a quiet life - well, as quiet a life as can be had in an Albert Square populated by the cast of EastEnders - in good ol' Lahn-dan town. Rumour has it shes the real reason Den and Angie split up...

...someone who isn't already resident in the U.K. please tell me you know what I'm babbling about...? :lol:

Edited by F-ZeroOne

I may have been hallucinating but I swear that when I was in the supermarket a few months ago the music that was playing was some American pop song with the exact melody for Do You Remember Love. I was shopping and thinking "hey, wait a minute, thats not Minmei!@"

Sorry if this is off topic....

I remember when the New York Battle first aired on Food Network! I was SO excited when I heard the Macross Plus music. Once I heard it, I just knew that Bobby Flay was going to get his butt kicked. :lol:

• 2 months later...

Adding to the reverse Macross connections to other music, I just discoverd the Titus soundtrack wasn't only used for 300, but Macross Zero seems to have a few samples of it as well. The biggest one is around 3:25 into the track "Sky Shine" on the Macross Zero ost 1. The main theme from "Crossroads" on the Titus soundtrack is sampled in...

that reminds me that around 1995 there was a tv program here in Mexico called Nintendomania and when the gameboy's games reviews were about to start theye played the music when isamu is in the simulator in mac + ep. 1.

Mmm, I remember the show I actually loved it. But I knew about mac+ until 2000 more or less <_< .

And the host, a guy named Gus was the greatest mexican gamer at that time. Everyone of us wanted to be like him :lol: even when he used to be almost the ugliest guy on local TV! :lol: . ¿A poco no mano? ;) .

Ah memories ^_^ .

:lol: You nailed that one on the head vermillion01, track 3-VF-Zero for the first 13 seconds is the same as that theme in Startship Troopers. It doesn't just sound similar, try to play them at the same time.

On Macross Plus music in Iron Chef, check out the France Battle. Yoko Kanno's music is all over the place, be it from Macross Plus or Escaflowne (in the second battle). Plus you get to see a chef from La Tour d'Argent in action for the first abttle. I got to eat there a couple times, and there's no comparing them to any other restaurant I've ever eaten at before. Best food ever!

The M+ and Escaflowne music is in the second battle with a Chef from another restaurant. You might want to watch the whole episode, since it's different from the usual Iron Chef episodes.

Iron Chef France Battle (part 7)

I think I found the other track from Mac0 that was hauntingme... Track 8 - Wind of falling into ruin. About 30 seconds in it sounds like battlestar galactica, where in the miniseries, they are about to make a hyperspace jump and leave half the fleet behind. Its not as apparent as starship troopers but, its there.