Sarah Connor Chronicles Thread

Cause he's a Terminator sleeper agent that's going to try and kill Jon in the past DUN DUN DUN!

I thought it might be some sort of mind control attempt. It would explain why they were suddenly let free. It might also explain why Reese was the only one to survive the slaughter at the stronghold. Afterall, if the humans are using Terminators against the machines, maybe machines could use humans against themselves?

What do you guys think of the Terminator brain chip plot device? Why is Cameron holding out on that chip? I can think of two scenarios. One, she is going to reprogram it and swap it into a future Terminator or two, she's going to use it to reprogram herself (to be evil).

I thought it might be some sort of mind control attempt. It would explain why they were suddenly let free. It might also explain why Reese was the only one to survive the slaughter at the stronghold. Afterall, if the humans are using Terminators against the machines, maybe machines could use humans against themselves?

What do you guys think of the Terminator brain chip plot device? Why is Cameron holding out on that chip? I can think of two scenarios. One, she is going to reprogram it and swap it into a future Terminator or two, she's going to use it to reprogram herself (to be evil).

I was thinking of the "to be evil" theory, but who is she going to rope into swaping out the chip?

skynet was blackmailing him into killing john connor by threatening to release videos of his

Ha, that's too funny! :lol: I didn't realize that Derek Reese was being played by Brian Austin Green of Beverly Hills 90210 fame. :p

Edited by Apollo Leader

• 2 weeks later...

liked it. I wish they would drop the highschool stuff though, personally, I feel like it drags the show down.

The FBI raid set to Johnny Cash was pretty good and the look between kestor and Elison... I have no clue where they're going with it but it makes me hope for a 2nd season.

Yes, Cash Rules....Everything Around Me, C.R.E.A.M. Get the Money, Dolla Dolla Bill Ya'll

i'm gonna be really bummed if they write it so that Cameron rebuilds herself and it's not Summer Glau next season

Unless...she rebuilds herself to look like Jewel Staite...but I think she's on Stargate now, so probably not

Interesting. Wonder where they're going to go with Cameron getting blown up and all. Sarah is going to have a traumatic flashback when Cameron's endoskeleton rises from the fiery wreck and looks at her and John:

"They left me a tight gift".

Can someone explain to me how someone can actually be married to a Terminator (who have shown themselves to be about as socially sophisticated as autistic children) for any length of time and not realize that there's something wrong with them?

Can someone explain to me how someone can actually be married to a Terminator (who have shown themselves to be about as socially sophisticated as autistic children) for any length of time and not realize that there's something wrong with them?

there's a lot of wierd people out there. I was at the movie theater and there was a family who in lock step, were shuffling down the hall, stopping by each poster and commenting on it. Only, they were mumbling and scratching themselves the entire time. I'm sure there are some people out there who would jump with joy if some well built, good looking guy paid them some attention, even if they were a bit socially retarded.

Pretty easy when a terminator is meant to perfectly infiltrate in every way into human society to complete its mission. For all we might actually know is that the original husband could of been killed and the T-888 took its placed....she did think that her husband was acting a bit odd but blamed her work and being away for his behavior.

But the T-888 did whatever was possible to actually complete it's mission and when finished, he didn't need to play the sweet hubby role and killed her.

One thing that kind of got to me was,

Derek's "Birthday" gift to john was sort of cool. John finally gets to see his father for the first time before they actually meet after judgement day.

That part was pretty powerful. But it's weird how John is older than his father. Time travel really farts things up. :lol:

Pretty easy when a terminator is meant to perfectly infiltrate in every way into human society to complete its mission. For all we might actually know is that the original husband could of been killed and the T-888 took its placed....she did think that her husband was acting a bit odd but blamed her work and being away for his behavior.

But the T-888 did whatever was possible to actually complete it's mission and when finished, he didn't need to play the sweet hubby role and killed her.

Except that he would suddenly weigh 600 pounds! Guess he had to keep her on top during the McLovin'.

I got the impression that they were hinting at romantic feelings towards Cameron from John, the way he was looking at her after he put her chip back in. Then they promptly blew her up, of course.

Edited by glane21

I haven't had the chance to watch the 2 hour season finale, but since they had quite a few returning characters from the first two Terminator movies, it would have been cool if they would have brought back the "Hey buddy, did you see a bright light?!?" homeless guy from the beginning of the first movie... he's now a multi-millionaire in the future! :p

I haven't had the chance to watch the 2 hour season finale, but since they had quite a few returning characters from the first two Terminator movies, it would have been cool if they would have brought back the "Hey buddy, did you see a bright light?!?" homeless guy from the beginning of the first movie... he's now a multi-millionaire in the future! :p
Or he could be dead. That would be funnier.

Just went through the last two episodes. Hopefully they get the last four episodes of this season shot and complete in the near future.

Of course the big two questions I have at this point:

1) Why did the Kester Terminator let Agent Ellison live?

2) What exactly happened to Derek Reese and those other humans in that house in the future? One guess is they were sterilized (castrated), but then again Skynet seemed to be interested in using humans as slaves so I would think they would want some humans around. Of course there's still the whole possibilty they have been effected in someway to do Skynet's bidding.

1) Why did the Kester Terminator let Agent Ellison live?
The simplest explanation to me was that Ellison is also trying to find Sarah and John Connor (something the terminator has probably figured out by now), so if the terminator lets him go, Ellison might lead him to his target.
2) What exactly happened to Derek Reese and those other humans in that house in the future? One guess is they were sterilized (castrated), but then again Skynet seemed to be interested in using humans as slaves so I would think they would want some humans around. Of course there's still the whole possibilty they have been effected in someway to do Skynet's bidding.
Why were the high school kids committing suicide? What's the story behind the graffitti? What's the deal with that cute girl John is always trying to talk with? Why didn't Derek fess up that he killed Andy? If he killed Andy, how come he's alive in Derek's past in the future? Why are there other terminators in the past who aren't terminating people?

There are a lot of unanswered questions and things that don't make sense. The whole show has a sense of being rushed, and the ratings for the final episode were a fraction of the premiere's, so I wonder if we'll ever find out.

Of course, Terminator 4 is going to complete disregard this continuity and give people all sorts of crazy stuff to ponder. My prediction is that the franchise implodes within a week of that hitting the theaters. ;p

Edited by Roger

I don't think the Andy thing is a paradox at all. I think the way that time works in the Terminator universe is that everytime someone/thing goes back in time, a new timeline is created. So the events in the original future continue on, but the people/thing from the original future are now stuck in timeline B. This is supported in show, each time someone new comes to the conners, they ask him/her the new "how" of Skynet.

Here's an interesting tidbit: in the novelization of the original movie, the story was a closed loop. In 1984, the terminator was killing the Sarah Connors he found in the phone book, and after they were dead, he was slicing their legs open. This led the cops to believe it was some part of some serial killer's strange ritual.

Turns out that in the future, Skynet had Sarah's medical records that indicated there was a permanent metal pin in her leg due to an injury and the terminator was using that information to see if he was killing the right Sarah Connor. At the end of the story, Sarah blows up the terminator with one of Reese's pipe bombs, and her leg is injured in the blast.

Afterwards in the hospital, they fix her leg up with a permanent metal pin.

Neat, huh? I don't know if that was in the original script or if it was the invention of the novelization's author.

Edited by Roger

Of course, Terminator 4 is going to complete disregard this continuity and give people all sorts of crazy stuff to ponder. My prediction is that the franchise implodes within a week of that hitting the theaters. ;p

Well since the show disregards 3's existence, & 4's possible existence as well, it (the show) should be considered separate from the movies if only for one's own sanity. I also wouldn't worry about it and movie 4's conflict until it's been stated that season 2 is going to be made or not. :unsure:

Edited by chrono

The TV show and Terminator 3/4 definitely exist in separate continuities. Different sets of producers trying to put their own unique "stamp" on the characters and storylines.

One of the side effects of this I've been told about is the Terminator numbering system. The reason Arnold is called a "101" in the first movie, an "800" in the second, and the similar ones are called "888s" in this new series is because the producers have been trying to create unique character names that they can trademark and license for toys and models.

Stupid, huh?

Why didn't Derek fess up that he killed Andy? If he killed Andy, how come he's alive in Derek's past in the future? Why are there other terminators in the past who aren't terminating people? Lol @ that.

That's because he was just dreaming about his past. I get what you're saying though. If there are no parallel universes... When he killed Andy, all of his memories of Andy from the future would be gone. The moment Andy died, Derek shouldn't know who he just killed. But if there are parallel universes, the teenage Derek of the present would've never met Andy.