VF-0S

flyhighxx

Mine is also a floppy mess, but since I've hot glued mine in a few places, it's perfectly fine since I'm a fighter mode guy anyways.

But since the second release is coming, then you'd best wait and get it.

As for me, like I said, mine is fine the way it is....sitting on my shelf looking damn pretty. :p

-Kyp

I've decided i'm not gonna buy a Roy, i'll wait for the 2 seater.

Unless they place him in a combo deal with the Reactive Armour.

Im in the same boat as you, unless they release a combo pack with reactive armor or a ghost, ill wait for 2 seater vf-0.

Really hope that yamato would consider changing the color of the VF-0S to greyish/white instead of beige white as its fits the scheme more, and to also include the fixes that were incorporated in the VF-0A Shin version.

After looking back at my VF-0S, I realized that the first version is cool enough to keep me from buying the improved version. I mean, mine didnt come with the ever so popular broken tailspike or broken shoulders, so it should be fine. Im also planning to display it in Gerwalk or Fighter mode on a stand, so it wouldnt bother me that much as far as feet locking mechanism is concern. It will be side by side with an SV-51 which I still havent preordered due to lack of funds... <_<

anyways, Im very satisfied & happy with my VF-0S and any more improvements wont be able to break this thick wall of resolution of mine :angry:

well, maybe if they include a free dunkin doughnut coupon at the back of the box... :p

Edited by aaajin

after all my whining, I'm going to stick with the ver 1.0 VF-0s that I have now as well. I don't really fiddle around with my toys too often, and while the joints are loose, they'll more or less hold the poses I put them in.

sigh... maybe yamato will release a combo pack with the reactive armor.

sigh... maybe yamato will release a combo pack with the reactive armor.

If they offered a reactive armor bundle I'd probably go for the VF-0S re-issue. As it is, I too will stick with my 1st edition one... these toys are way too expensive for me to buy multiples just because the latest version has corrected mistakes that shouldn't have been present in the original in the first place.

Edited by mechaninac

Yamato should recall the defective 0's and replace them for the QC free ones, instead of selling us the same toy twice.

agreed. they did it for the garland, they should do it for the VF-0s, it's the EXACT SAME problem.

Could it be that the Garland was marketed and officially sold in the US through HG, whereas Macross products are not? But yeah, it SHOULDN'T make a difference.

yeah, I realize there's a grey area due to the ongoing HG crap. but the difference in response is just amazing. On one hand, we had free replacements. On the other hand, we have denial denial and then taking money for replacements, while no clear confirmation as to whether or not the replacements will even fix the problem.

Then again, it took yamato a year to actually fix the garland, so maybe it was just wishful thinking on our part that they would fix the VF-0. Well, by "our" I mean everyone other than BoB.

The second version of the VF-0S hasn't been released yet so there's no way to tell.

You might want to wait with ordering untill you're sure that the reissue has beter shoulders though.

Cool. Thanks.

Yeah, I'll wait until others have bought the reissue before getting one myself.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm tired of my hobbled VF-0s. I don't even care all that much about the ghost pack, I just want a proper Vf-0s that does lean over because the feet are all wonky. Currently I just squish the foot down on the other side, but when I look at my VF-0a looking all tall and not gimpy, I just feel all sad when my gaze falls on the 0s.

edit: I know, I'll get the combo pack, pose the none gimpy one in battroid and what not, and put the ghost on my ver 1.0 0s and just leave it in fighter mode. sigh.

Edited by eugimon

I'm pretty pissed with my original VF-0S as well, but I'm keeping the one and only one I've opened and owned. Never underestimate the value of it for spare parts, I sure didn't with my 1st edition VF-1S Roy Focker.

On the contrary, something much expected would be released in sept 07

9月發售: 1:60 完全變形 Macross Zero VF-0S 連 Ghost Booster

19,800Yen

pn-0767.JPG

pn-0767-a.JPG

credits to freedomkira of toysdaily.com

PS: Frankly saying, i dun think this would do the sales any good especially with the recent incidents pertaining to VF-0A Shin and replacement parts ^_^

Edited by recon

On the contrary, something much expected would be released in sept 08

9月發售: 1:60 完全變形 Macross Zero VF-0S 連 Ghost Booster

19,800Yen

pn-0767.JPG

pn-0767-a.JPG

credits to freedomkira of toysdaily.com

PS: Frankly saying, i dun think this would do the sales any good especially with the recent incidents pertaining to VF-0A Shin and replacement parts ^_^

Do you mean Sept 07 or 08?

Uh oh....pic quote......

I think it's Sept 08, which will realistically be released up to a month late. Yamato never announces stuff THAT early.

Just curious, why would it take so long for it to be released? If they have the VF-0S 2nd reissue coming up and the Ghost B ready to go, then why would it take a year to bundle them together?

It should be Sept 07. since they have the molds.

That means there would be two Vf-0S being released

1) VF-0S Reissue

2) VF-0S with Ghost Booster giftset

Just wondering did yamato change the base color of the Vf-0S to white cos from the pics it doesnt look beige anymore :huh:

Graham, if you see this, please we need some confirmation on the releases. tks

Edited by recon

I'm pretty sure that promo shot is of a current model VF-0S (non-locking ankles), so it's probably the same color. It would be kinda annoying (but not out of the realm of possibility) if the dorsal blister adapters were a different color than the 1st release biege 0S.

The only VF-0 I'd be interested in at this point would be a D model. I adamantly refuse to buy the same thing twice just because it now has fixes that should not have been needed in the first place (and some of those fixes/upgrades are still debatable). The only thing that could possibly entice me to even consider another VF-0S would be a reactive armor bundle, but I'd still probably opt for an armor set only.