VF-0S

flyhighxx

Hi guys, I'm new to the forums and I had a question I wanted to ask. I just finshed paying off the house and I have some spare cash I can now spend on Macross toys. I really like the VF-0S and I was wondering if I should pick one up now or wait for it to be reissued with fixes? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

you just answered your own question. :D

why buy an inferior model when you can hold out for a better version?

I couldn't find any information on whether or not it was offically announced that it will be reissued, so I was unsure if I should pick one up now before they sell out or take a risk and wait for a reissue.

a)If you're strictly a MIB collector, get it.

b)If you're a fighter mode lover, get it.

c)If you're the type that has to transform it every now and then, buy another house. Just make sure that house you're getting isn't made by Yamato.

VF0 Type A and S problems are well documented here:- http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=21068

In short Yamato has an impeccable record of faulty first releases, repetitive stupid mistakes for their future adaptations.

If you are A & B of the above, get it. If not you're inevitably adding to the stupidity.

Thanks for the plug!

What were the problems on the first issue one again? I didn't handle mine enough to really notice anything. Wasn't there a shoulder problem on some?

brittle shoulders

back pack that doesn't stay up in battroid

feet that don't lock into place

gunpod that doesn't fit into the arm pegs for stowing in fighter mode.

all in all, the worst yamato release since their early macross plus attempts.

brittle shoulders

back pack that doesn't stay up in battroid

feet that don't lock into place

gunpod that doesn't fit into the arm pegs for stowing in fighter mode.

all in all, the worst yamato release since their early macross plus attempts.

I can keep mine up just fine. :ph34r:

You have to push it up and in untill it clicks into place. Just don't break it though.

The VF0 A&S chestplates jiggle, because there is nothing to hold it like what you get from the 1/48 VF1s - there's another arse backward engineering award there.

The only thing that oughta jiggle are the chestplates on women.

Have you tried pushing/sliding it down? When you do this it clicks and you should see the rear of the front fuselage (about 2-3mm) protruding behind the chest plate.

Both my VF-0S and VF-0A chestplates don't jiggle my girlfriends do :lol:

I agree on the osteoporosis syndrome, although I should knock on wood cause my VF-0A shoulders are still fine just a hairline crack in the left shoulder.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

I can keep mine up just fine. :ph34r:

You have to push it up and in untill it clicks into place. Just don't break it though.

yeah, I know how to transform it... I have two and neither one will lock into place, unlike the 0A which stays up just fine.

And BoB, the other guys are right, the chest plate in battroid does lock in and doesn't jiggle. YOU'RE doing it wrong :p^_^

I love my 0-S. The head, the sculpt, all three modes are beautiful.

The only thing that bugs me to no end is to know that there's a 0 out there that has something that mine doesn't: Friggin' feet locks!

As soon as Yamato re-releses the Zero, I'll have to buy it again.

Edit: Welcome to the boards and congrats on your house, by the way.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

stop shaking it then. :p

Heh, aren't you the smart one. Not shaking it doesn't take away the fact the chestplate is still jiggly loose and the click locking method is a failure. I bet that's how you pacify yourself with the loose chestplate on the 1/60 YF19 as well. :D

Heh, aren't you the smart one. Not shaking it doesn't take away the fact the chestplate is still jiggly loose and the click locking method is a failure. I bet that's how you pacify yourself with the loose chestplate on the 1/60 YF19 as well. :D

yup, I don't jiggle any of my toys much. I suppose if I ran around the house with them making swooshing and laser sounds, I would be more annoyed with jiggly chest plates... but mostly I pose them or transform them so I'm rather happy with the chest plates.

the feet on the other hand... those piss me off.

I don't swoosh them. Just like you, I transform and pose them. Knowing that you did everything by the book and it still jiggles, wobbles... and knowing that this could all be avoided by adding stopper nubs (like the 1/48's) pisses me off.

The problem is, it's there. Even you concede to the fact that the loose chestplate does have some play to it - you're not too bothered by it because aside from the valk in your hands, you're also buying into the need to rationalize to yourself EVERYTIME on why it's OKAY for a Yamato product to have these problems.

• 3 weeks later...

I seriously hope they fix the Leg looseness problem. Battroid posing and locking into fighter mode.

Everything else is pretty sweet i think. AND they gotta throw a Ghost in with Roy too.

Prefferably a different colour scheme maybe?

Ahh i got it! A skull Squadron colour scheme for Roys Ghost. That would be filth! White/black/Yellow.

Sweet!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

GAH!

I'm going to fix the arms on my two busted 0s and try to offload them on ebay... and get a proper one instead.

It's not just the arms, the whole thing is a loose floppy mess. thighs, bicep swivels, feet, backpack... it's just mad making.

is not...everything is tight with mine, except a few exceptions including the feet and backpack which don't bother me at all...

the fighter mode rocks BTW

and did anyone mention that the tampoo printings on the new VF-0A are about as detailed as the one on the 0S? :)

I actually agree with eugimon...a lot of things in my VF-0S is loose...from the missiles to the legs...It is just not well made in my opinion and it is also the only Yamato Valk with which I always had serioues problems.