Mospeada 1/48 Inbit models?

Hi everyone.

To avoid derailing another member's thread, I've decided to start one of my own to see how much interest there might be for any 1/48 Inbit models?

In particular, I am thinking primarily of the Gurab (Invid Shock-Trooper to Rt fans.) In 1/48 scale, this Inbit would be right around 11.5-12 cm in height, and you'd have the option to build it with or without beam cannons.

In essence, my proposal would be the following: I could produce a weekly, step-by-step scratchbuilding guide, demonstrating how I build a scale Inbit from the ground up. Each interested party could pay, for example, $75, which, if enough folks take interest, would fund my time and materials for the scratchbuild.

Afterwards, when the build is done, I would then send each member a free resin model kit as a 'thank you' token... You just pay shipping ^_^

That having been said, I'd be curious to know how many people would be interested, if at all?

So far:

Ignacio Ocamica 1

Ghadrack 2

Phyrox 1

Pat S

WWWMWWW

Jardann

Cobywan

Edited by captain america

Hi everyone.

To avoid derailing another member's thread, I've decided to start one of my own to see how much interest there might be for any 1/48 Inbit models?

In particular, I am thinking primarily of the Gurab (Invid Shock-Trooper to Rt fans.) In 1/48 scale, this Inbit would be right around 11.5-12 cm in height, and you'd have the option to build it with or without beam cannons.

In essence, my proposal would be the following: I could produce a weekly, step-by-step scratchbuilding guide, demonstrating how I build a scale Inbit from the ground up. Each interested party could pay, for example, $75, which, if enough folks take interest, would fund my time and materials for the scratchbuild.

Afterwards, when the build is done, I would then send each member a free resin model kit as a 'thank you' token... You just pay shipping ^_^

That having been said, I'd be curious to know how many people would be interested, if at all?

I certainly would, as I said in the above-mentioned thread. As long as it looks close to the line art, I'm in.

I prefer it in 1/72... I know that the Inbits are small, but in 1/72 will be a great addition to my 1/72 collection!! :wub:

I certainly would, as I said in the above-mentioned thread. As long as it looks close to the line art, I'm in.

Lineart is my bible. I only work with original source-material for all of my models, and the fact that the Inbit are relatively straightforeward means that there will be very little interpretation needed. The biggest snag with the Gurab are the proportions of the legs, which look nicely flared at the front in some views, and symmetrical front/back in others. Personally, I prefer the former, as it gives the Gurab a more organic look.

The image below will be my primary take on proportions

post-632-1178639678_thumb.jpg

I'm in, and I'd be happy to View your Thread twice, and naturally donate for my viewing pleasure twice, of course to help fund your scratch-build :) If one were so generous, could they expect (2) free kits? :)

Oh yeah, I posted these a while back on the monkey boards, if you ever got motivated to do some more contemplate:

post-1344-1178640614_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ghadrack

I'm in, and I'd be happy to View your Thread twice, and naturally donate for my viewing pleasure twice, of course to help fund your scratch-build :) If one were so generous, could they expect (2) free kits? :)

Oh yeah, I posted these a while back on the monkey boards, if you ever got motivated to do some more contemplate:

Absolutely! I figure that each subscription should be good for one free model, and someone can get as many subscriptions as they please ^_^

Hi LSB.

The idea was that you would be able to choose either the standard Gurab, or the beam gun version if/when freebee time comes around. The model itself would be what is refered to as 'free pose' in the industry: what that means is that you would be able to build the model in the static pose of your choice.

If the models will be only in 1/48, I'm in.

Nobody more prefer it in 1/72? :p:ph34r:

I love 1/72, but for the inbit/invid it might be a bit too small. 1/48 goes well with the approximate Alpha scale, which is the clincher for me. Although I wonder if 1/72 would be small/easy enough that we might see a range of invid and not just the gurab...? That would be a deal maker for me.

If the models will be only in 1/48, I'm in.

Nobody more prefer it in 1/72? :p:ph34r:

I think the reason why no one wants one at this point on that scale is because they have already been released last year from wonderfest and most likely, like myself, they already have one...

wouldn't it be easier to recast the ones already available?

if not may be yahoo japan??

I love 1/72, but for the inbit/invid it might be a bit too small. 1/48 goes well with the approximate Alpha scale, which is the clincher for me. Although I wonder if 1/72 would be small/easy enough that we might see a range of invid and not just the gurab...? That would be a deal maker for me.

Plus the fact that a 1/72 Inbit would just be ridiculously tiny for me to sculpt; hard on my eyes and nerves :wacko:

Hi LSB.

The idea was that you would be able to choose either the standard Gurab, or the beam gun version if/when freebee time comes around. The model itself would be what is refered to as 'free pose' in the industry: what that means is that you would be able to build the model in the static pose of your choice.

Thanks for the heads up, Cap.

I wonder if I could outfit this with some Revoltech joints. I know, too much trouble, but what're you gonna do? I'm a toy person :p

I've thought about that myself... I modded cap's Tomahawk to be fully posable with WAVE Ball joints and Kotobukiya and extra Gundam polycap joints... but Revoltech joints would be a whole nother animal... the biggest problems would be hollowing out enough room for the ball, and mounting some kind of poloycap material for the shafts to ride in, as they would just slip out of a resin socket... interesting idea tho... if they start making RT joints more readily available, I can see myself spending alot of time working with them on various projects.

Yeah, I thought about the socket problem. Revoltechs are made of a rubbery plastic, whereas resin isn't that flexible. I wonder if there's any matrerial out there you can pour inside the socket to make the Revoltech joints stay in. Something easy to use. Also it would be helpful to have sets of Revoltech joints available. Buying Evas only for the joints could be expensive.

Actually... there's a great epoxy I use called JB Kwik Weld that you could use to line the sockets on the resin side... the RT joints have a nice smooth finish that the Weld would shape to but not really bond with, so you could epoxy the RT joint in place while it dries, then remove the joint and have a perfectly sized slightly flexible socket liner... it's kinda odd to explain, but it works and I do it all the time...

Actually... there's a great epoxy I use called JB Kwik Weld that you could use to line the sockets on the resin side... the RT joints have a nice smooth finish that the Weld would shape to but not really bond with, so you could epoxy the RT joint in place while it dries, then remove the joint and have a perfectly sized slightly flexible socket liner... it's kinda odd to explain, but it works and I do it all the time...

Thanks for the tip. I have to try that some day. Sadly, it won't be on Cap's Gurab, I was hopping to buy one down the road, but I can't afford it right now :(