1/48 VF-1J Super Valk Millia and Max reissues on HLJ

Briareos

Check out the money shot for the preorder of Max at BBTS.

Here's the link for BBTS's order for Max (similar link can be found for Miria)

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;picture=out

Someone knows how to play with their valk. It just makes me wonder how they got the "beans over the frank..." XD

ROTFLMAO :lol:

How in the world did he get the fast packs on inside-out? Now that's skill :rolleyes:

Edited by Busted VF1A

ROTFLMAO :lol:

How in the word did he get the fast packs on inside-out? Now that's skill :rolleyes:

Not only that, but because the Max, Miria, and Hikaru bundles come packages with FP already equipped, they had to take them off and purposely put them back on incorrectly :D

Not only that, but because the Max, Miria, and Hikaru bundles come packages with FP already equipped, they had to take them off and purposely put them back on incorrectly :D

OMFG, I hadn't even thought of that. Now THAT IS skill :lol:

It may be my memory failing me - but is that an old picture that they are using for the preorder? I only ask because I'm sure I remember BBTS using that picture when I bought a second-hand Max-1J at the beginning of last year.

I'm sure I remember going "hmmm. Fuel tanks on the wrong way round" whilst I was pouring over the pictures trying to decide whether to get the Max or the Millia they had in at the time.

Karl

I noticed that too. It's crazy. It's a bit surprising to see that so many people (apparently) don't know of the re-releases. I mean, if they're into Macross enough that they're willing to spend that kind of dough on a collectible toy, you'd think they'd be "in the know".

• 1 month later...

Max started out as a July Restock then went to a Sept Restock and has now graduated to a Future Release at HLJ. <_<

Waiting for the "we can no longer get this item" email :mellow:

Max started out as a July Restock then went to a Sept Restock and has now graduated to a Future Release at HLJ. <_<

Had this happen before-they simply sold out all pre-orders for the item until it's released. I swear the same thing happened two years ago with PG Eva 01.

I haven't received an e-mail, so I'm going to assume my Max pre-order is fine.

Check your account. I've had them both on pre-order since about 1/2 an hour after they announced they were re-stocking and both are now tagged as future release.

Haven't got the dreaded email yet but I'd say it won't be far away <_<

Maybe sales of the most recent 1/48 reissues weren't as high as Yamato expected, so they decided to can the M&M reissues. I'd imagine that the M&M's would've been a harder sell as they're more expensive than non-fast packed 1/48's. Hopefully Graham can shed some light.

I'm not going to panic just yet. I have not received an e-mail from HLJ informing me that my pre-order will not be fulfilled. I also noticed that bigbadtoystore and laftoys.com still have their pre-orders up. I wonder if they are getting their units from HLJ as well :unsure:

I'm not going to panic just yet. I have not received an e-mail from HLJ informing me that my pre-order will not be fulfilled. I also noticed that bigbadtoystore and laftoys.com still have their pre-orders up. I wonder if they are getting their units from HLJ as well :unsure:

Heh. If they were, then we're screwed. So much for getting these, lol.

No one should panic about this. I've dealt with HLJ for a long time (10 years) and I know their MO pretty well.

Whenever HLJ gets enough orders that they will sell out of their first shipment they automatically stop accepting orders. When thy do this the release/restock date switches to Future release. This indicates to people that have not place an order that they can't get one now, but there will be a restock in the future, HLJ just can't be sure when. The release/restock tags are aimed at potential buyers, not those who have already bought.

Now it says "Discontinued" while Millia stays at "Sept. Restock".... Glad I got my M&M when I did.

HLJ tags the items as discontinued when the've gotten enough orders to take all the items they anticipate getting, and they're fairly sure they won't be getting any more after that ( usually because the manufacturer tells them so)

Unless you were one of the very last people to order one of these you should still recieve your orders.

If experience serves me: when HLJ recieves these and fills the orders they will make these valks available again for a very short time to clear any remaining stock that didn't go to existing orders. So there will be a chance to get these close to the restock date, but it will be really short and you'll need to be lucky.

Last confirmed info I had from HLJ was a September Restock for both Max and Milia.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:huh::blink:

Whoops Edited :D

Has anyone heard yet about Yamato,s movements on whether they,re going to re-issue m&m,s 1/48,s packaged alone without the super parts?There was talk about it,Ihope they do, those TV supers just don,t grab me by the balls ,plus it would be cheaper,and the DYRL ,s would look the right side of sexy.

:huh::blink:

Whoops Edited :D

Spread the word: treasure island sports inc.com,with concerns to the 1/48,s are cheap around the $130 mark,Iknow that hlj.com are a few dollars cheaper BUT they are more in stock,maybe not in the 1/48,s w/supers but most other things are there,if hlj.com ain,t got it check them out.