Which company would you want to make toys for the new Macross series?

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Which company would you want to handle production of toys for the new Macross Series?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Which company?

• Bandai
    • Yamato
    • New company altogether(CM, Max Factory, Takara, et al)

I'd say Yamato. While I like the consistency of what Bandai produces, Yamato has been willing to take on some tricky design problems with the "perfect variable" style valks that bandai has never been willing to. But I agree that they need to add some material checks (to make sure they use the right materials for high-stress parts) and a final production model review to make sure it matches with the prototypes.

Yamato.

They've proven they can evolve, learn from mistakes and make corrections, and they listen to some input (not that they're perfect mind you). They've got a pretty good track record, with some snafus and a couple cluster-f**ks... But overall a good track record.

I don't know enough about Max Factory or CMs mecha products to take a risk on them. Bandai as said before, has done jack with Macross. And their M7 line was craptastic to say the least. Dureable, ugly, chunky-monkies.

As for toys for the new Macross series... I'm holding my breath to see what they look like before wanting to buy something I haven't even seen yet. We might get some breast-fighters, or VA-3 Invader-ish variable fighters... :(

... Then again maybe we'll get the Schneeblume or that other one I am too lazy to look up! :D

We might get some breast-fighters, or VA-3 Invader-ish variable fighters... :(

don't say that kind of stuff or it might come true! :mellow::lol:

i can take invader-ish or whatever-ish but transforming robots with breasts is the stupidest thing ever.

you might as well give the guy mechs peckers and the girl mechs twats, then we can ask ourselves why valks don't have nice asses. :D

Edited by do not disturb

... Then again maybe we'll get the Schneeblume or that other one I am too lazy to look up! :D

I hear ya :lol:

Yes please, let the new series be around 2040 where the Schneeblume made it's debut as part of the advanced valkyrie variable program!!!

Best VF ever :lol:

I say let Bandai supply all the mainstream, affordable new Macross toys and let Yamato become the 'B-Club' supplier of pricey, fragile but ever so accurate, obscure VFs. Afterall, Yamato being a 'small' company will probably never match the larger economies of scale to actually bring down their prices for a mass market. They sure haven't in the last 5 years, don't think they ever will unless some serious competition comes in.

Edited by drifand

I say let Bandai supply all the mainstream, affordable new Macross toys and let Yamato become the 'B-Club' supplier of pricey, fragile but ever so accurate, obscure VFs. Afterall, Yamato being a 'small' company will probably never match the larger economies of scale to actually bring down their prices for a mass market. They sure haven't in the last 5 years, don't think they ever will unless some serious competition comes in.

interesting idea, but given that Bandai's attempts at VF's have been big, chunky and kiddiefied, I'd rather they not produce "mainstream" valks. I want my YF-21 to be in line in looks and transformation with my YF-19, not my VF-17.

interesting idea, but given that Bandai's attempts at VF's have been big, chunky and kiddiefied, I'd rather they not produce "mainstream" valks. I want my YF-21 to be in line in looks and transformation with my YF-19, not my VF-17.

Thats true with their Macross 7 line but we must remember that bandai at one point did make the HCM series, which at one point was the most detailed and articulated VF-1 toy. Its the only one with the ability till this day that had the ability to swing the wings back in battroid mode with the missles still on. Thats pretty nifty to me.

Agreed. I want to see bandai come up with something on the level of their SOC's in regards to detail and pricing, and as durable if not more durable than the chunky monkey.

Thats true with their Macross 7 line but we must remember that bandai at one point did make the HCM series, which at one point was the most detailed and articulated VF-1 toy. Its the only one with the ability till this day that had the ability to swing the wings back in battroid mode with the missles still on. Thats pretty nifty to me.

sorry, but if macross toys go back to the dark ages and back to HCM quality sculpts, I'll find a new hobby.

I know the HCM was good enough for toynami to rip off, but I wouldn't pay money for either.

sorry, but if macross toys go back to the dark ages and back to HCM quality sculpts, I'll find a new hobby.

I know the HCM was good enough for toynami to rip off, but I wouldn't pay money for either.

Oh I didn't mean I wanted them to go back HCM style, but rather use the innovation they had back then on a modern toy with chunky monkey durability, and SOC attention to detail, and HCM innnovation. We would have a near indestructible aesthetically pleasing masterpiece with nice heft and good price. Thats what I meant. I mean you gotta admit, the wing sweeping with missles still stored in battroid mode was innnovation that no other company has matched as of yet. I have always loved the quality of the bandai chunky monkey as well. God that things tough to break

Oh I didn't mean I wanted them to go back HCM style, but rather use the innovation they had back then on a modern toy with chunky monkey durability, and SOC attention to detail, and HCM innnovation. We would have a near indestructible aesthetically pleasing masterpiece with nice heft and good price. Thats what I meant. I mean you gotta admit, the wing sweeping with missles still stored in battroid mode was innnovation that no other company has matched as of yet. I have always loved the quality of the bandai chunky monkey as well. God that things tough to break

well, true enough. If bandai brings their 'A' game to the table, I'm all for Bandai getting involved. I'm just doubtful considering their past efforts.

I voted Yamato as well. They are the best bet at this time, having proven themselves dedicated and capable of producing very accurate, well-designed, highly-articulated transformable Macross toys.

That said, my second choice for a liscensee would be Takara-Tomy, as they have a history of producing well-designed transformable mecha, at a much more affordable cost point. I'd be interested to see what they could do. As someone mentioned earlier, a Macross line in the same vein as the Transformer Classics or something more technical, like BinalTechs/Alternators, would be welcome on my shelf.

Competition wouldn't be a bad thing, as it generally stablizes prices and gives rise to better QC.

As for yamato's QC, I've read about the problems some members have experienced with various releases. To date, I've not had a single QC problem as far as breakages on either my YF-19 or my VF-0S. My 19 did have the off center gunpod and canted LG. Small, albeit annoying, issues, as far as I'm concerned. In fact, the only breakage I have had on a Yamato release thus far was my original VF-11's leg broke off at the hip. A well placed screw fixed it, and my VF-11 is still in excellent condition.

MKyuun, make sure you have open the VF-0S shoulder and checked for stress mark. If you have stress mark and continue to play with it, it will break eventually. Early detection can help ease the problem. Is better to be sure than have a broken arm. Good luck :)

I voted Yamato as well. They are the best bet at this time, having proven themselves dedicated and capable of producing very accurate, well-designed, highly-articulated transformable Macross toys.

That said, my second choice for a liscensee would be Takara-Tomy, as they have a history of producing well-designed transformable mecha, at a much more affordable cost point. I'd be interested to see what they could do. As someone mentioned earlier, a Macross line in the same vein as the Transformer Classics or something more technical, like BinalTechs/Alternators, would be welcome on my shelf.

Competition wouldn't be a bad thing, as it generally stablizes prices and gives rise to better QC.

As for yamato's QC, I've read about the problems some members have experienced with various releases. To date, I've not had a single QC problem as far as breakages on either my YF-19 or my VF-0S. My 19 did have the off center gunpod and canted LG. Small, albeit annoying, issues, as far as I'm concerned. In fact, the only breakage I have had on a Yamato release thus far was my original VF-11's leg broke off at the hip. A well placed screw fixed it, and my VF-11 is still in excellent condition.

Yamato until further notice :D

as they are the only ones that have detailed if not as highly detailed toys as possible to the source image that i know to date that are pre-made ( for the life of can not buld any type of model kit that requires any type of glue and slide on decals :unsure::blink::angry::( ).

Sure they are toys but if i am at least going to get bagged for having them it better be worth it even it means saving up for them.

but it is the price that gets me and by the time i can get them the are usually higher priced or/and not available :angry: especially trying to get a new 1/48 VF-1S Roy , 1/48 Super VF-1J Max and Millia :angry::lol:

Edited by altermodes

Bandai might surprise us with HCM-Pro and In Action ! Off shots valks, either with classic valks or from the new upcoming series.

I keep praying they surprise us with a SOC type, chunky monkey durable, nearly indestructable valkyrie toy in either 1/72 or bigger. 1/55 or could I be dreaming? Haha. I bet they will do SOMETHING for the 25th nniversary of DYRL in 2 years, like ya know, reissue the strike.

I think Yamato should continue making the new valks, as long as we don't go scale hopping again.

As for Bandai, well I'm still secretly hoping they will add the VF-1 (preferably in 1/60) to their Real Robot Revelution line. After all it is dedicated to 80's mecha.

Which company do I WANT to make new Macross stuff? Bandai.

They have rarely let me down. Yamato on the other hand...has.

Yamato gets points for actually making cool macross products, but if Bandai stepped up I'd buy from them.

Plus bandai seems to have the deep pockets to do more varied and frequent releases.

They should all hold a competition to see who gets the contract like in macross plus.

Then whoever wins the comp gets the contract to make all future macross toys. :D

Yf-19 keeps getting wrecked so I would say yamato = shinsei industry

yf-21 is unreliable and untrustworthy since the zentradi are behind its making. Bandai similarly might make the toys suck to not compete with thier gundam toys. Bandai = general galaxy. In a sense you could say: "Who cares about what 'could be' if they are just going to sit on the license, not even care about it, and release nothing for us fans?"

^

joke post only. Please don't get offended.

But seriously I am divided. I think yamato show dedication to the macross fandom more than bandai, but I wish bandai put as much effort as they do with gundam into bloody macross for once. Chunky munky was great for its time but I often wonder if they would bother re-releasing anything had there not even been competition in the first place or massive prices on ebay for some toys. Do we have to wait years and years and years before they get off thier butt to please us? Macross fans will be abandoned since they have gundam to milk forever so there is no incentive for them to care about us fans. It's only if they think they'll make the money amoungst the mainstream to get them to do anything. My point is attitude towards the license is also important too. If they are not serious, then it might reflect in the quality of the toy and how much effort they put behind it.

In a way I think had yamato had the same consistant quality of the best toy companies out there, I think they would deserve my dollars more. But if another company manages to do a better job, say, release a vf-1 that betters the 1/48 I will end up going with that company. As much as you can put trust behind a label, what I care most about is the result. So yeah I haven't put in a vote and really split on this poll. Maybe a dark horse will come out from nowhere and becomes the "Ghost X9" and makes the best macross toys?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker